No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Ever booggered the back plate on a Glock? #8110333
03/29/24 08:16 AM
03/29/24 08:16 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin

I have seen a lot of people do it and they sell a lot of back plates
how not to chew one up ever again
so simple to pull that liner forward just ahead of the striker but I admit for all the times I have taken a glock slide apart
I just learned this today.
I had a different way to work it that didn't bugger up the plate this is so much easier
30 seconds into the video

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 03/29/24 08:17 AM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Ever booggered the back plate on a Glock? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8110447
03/29/24 11:30 AM
03/29/24 11:30 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Our crazy governor and his pit bull AG Ellison here in MN want to put restrictions on all Glock handguns. Ellison claims that Glocks can be altered to fire full automatic. I don't know about that, but what would be the reason for an automatic handgun like a Glock? Couldn't be very accurate and hard to hang onto, I would think. Anything to get them off the streets.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: Ever booggered the back plate on a Glock? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8110462
03/29/24 11:42 AM
03/29/24 11:42 AM
PA
P
panaxman Offline
trapper
panaxman  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Street punks in Killadelphia are using them on Glocks, full auto w extended mags. They do not go for accuracy, just spray in the direction of their target. “ They are teenagers from under-served city homes”. as reported by lib news.

Last edited by panaxman; 03/29/24 11:42 AM.
Re: Ever booggered the back plate on a Glock? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8110469
03/29/24 11:50 AM
03/29/24 11:50 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Wish.com was selling a full auto conversion for air soft guns that happened to be built so similar that it holds the disconnector out of the way with a switch.

so yes gangs were changing the back plate on a Glock to a Chinese part that did make it full auto

why , it saves you finger fatigue on your drive by shooting.
in reality it probably means they hit less than pulling the trigger for each round

however your AG is saying bad people do bad things with gas and matches , thus we the state need to ban all matches! forgetting that 10,000 to 1 people do good useful things with matches. and also forgetting they already committed multiple felony's to do bad things with that match.

some smart senator should say well if the Glock pistol is too dangerous for citizens then it is too dangerous for all police agencies in MN also.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Ever booggered the back plate on a Glock? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8110471
03/29/24 11:52 AM
03/29/24 11:52 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
back to the most commonly used personal protection firearm in the world.
not being the issue , street gangs are the issue.

Re: Ever booggered the back plate on a Glock? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8110585
03/29/24 02:44 PM
03/29/24 02:44 PM
Southeast KY
K
K91773 Offline
trapper
K91773  Offline
trapper
K

Southeast KY
That is one of the best firearms disassembly videos I have ever seen the animated images make it clear, most of the disassembly/assembly videos all you can see is their hands and fingers and have really no idea what they are doing. Not that the Glock is a complex firearm but the principal of the illustration is the same if it was a complex operation, maybe more will start using this technology for their videos.

Re: Ever booggered the back plate on a Glock? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8110595
03/29/24 02:56 PM
03/29/24 02:56 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I love that other than the sights and the channel liner that basically never needs to come out under normal conditions

you need 1 punch

I had an old chewed up Philips screw driver that was the right size with a wood handle
cut it down smoothed it up and it makes the perfect Glock punch

Leatherman has recognized this and included a 3/32 punch as a tool on some Leatherman models

Re: Ever booggered the back plate on a Glock? [Re: K91773] #8110599
03/29/24 03:08 PM
03/29/24 03:08 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by K91773
That is one of the best firearms disassembly videos I have ever seen the animated images make it clear, most of the disassembly/assembly videos all you can see is their hands and fingers and have really no idea what they are doing. Not that the Glock is a complex firearm but the principal of the illustration is the same if it was a complex operation, maybe more will start using this technology for their videos.

this channel has several all like this , yesterday I found the complete breakdown and assembly of a m500/m88 trigger group and posted it in the 500 breakdown thread
I started watching other videos from this channel and found this one , and thought that little pull the liner forward trick to save marring the backplate was too good not to share

Re: Ever booggered the back plate on a Glock? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8111186
03/30/24 11:30 AM
03/30/24 11:30 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Wish.com was selling a full auto conversion for air soft guns that happened to be built so similar that it holds the disconnector out of the way with a switch.

so yes gangs were changing the back plate on a Glock to a Chinese part that did make it full auto

why , it saves you finger fatigue on your drive by shooting.
in reality it probably means they hit less than pulling the trigger for each round

however your AG is saying bad people do bad things with gas and matches , thus we the state need to ban all matches! forgetting that 10,000 to 1 people do good useful things with matches. and also forgetting they already committed multiple felony's to do bad things with that match.

some smart senator should say well if the Glock pistol is too dangerous for citizens then it is too dangerous for all police agencies in MN also.

It's what happens when you've got a bunch of nuts running your state.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread