No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
all the fees , memberships and $ to keep certs #8108866
03/27/24 09:51 AM
03/27/24 09:51 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
the radio thread got me thinking about these again it seems never ending.

what certs , creds or memberships are you keeping up and what are you contemplating dropping?

off the top of my head

rock rifle club - I let this one go this last year was if I recall $160 and 10 hours

green rifle club- 100 keep this one up it is my outdoor range

NRA - I have a few more years paid but to keep my NRA-RSO (range safety officer)cert up they get 30 every 2 years to get the cert it was a 75 dollar course and test actual cost was 150 but that club picked up half as they needed more ROs at the time.
that was the rock club and now that I let that go I am contemplating letting this cert go.

4-H doesn't really cost me anything in money , maintain trainings on all the youth protection stuff, background checks every other year , the UW comes up with more and more of this training to take every other year just that is running about 3 hours every other year, as well as train youth every year or lose your certs after 2 years so I have time in this it used to be more but around 100 hours a year, but I enjoy this and am active in it so not an issue.

my Ham License - I am contemplating letting this go technically it has already expired but I am still in the grace period it used to be 15-20 dollars for a decade now they want 65 to renew. i just haven't been active in a while but still have my radios.

USPSA and RO cert (range officer) very different than the NRA cert it was 25 a year now 65 a year.
also an expensive course to take 2 days , test , annual re-cert test.

WI-CCL concealed carry license 40 the first 5 years 22 each 5 years after

then boat registration , car registration I plan to use the boat so got to pay that
every year I am asking myself should I sell my little garden truck 1988 S-10 I probably only put 300 miles a year on it mostly run fire wood and garden stuff around and so far I keep saying yup worth 120 for one more year if anything breaks I will have to re-consider just buying a small trailer.

there are probably more I am not thinking of right now.

what , certs , tittles , licenses , clubs , registrations, or other things to you pay to keep up in time or money or both, what are you considering cutting.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: all the fees , memberships and $ to keep certs [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8108873
03/27/24 10:02 AM
03/27/24 10:02 AM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
I dropped NWCOA. They raised the membership fees way too much. Also because of that , I let my CWCP certification to drop as well.

NRA benefactor member
Re: all the fees , memberships and $ to keep certs [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8108874
03/27/24 10:03 AM
03/27/24 10:03 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
$5 stickers for our kayaks and canoe. Got to have them on public water. Hunting and fishing license. I don't need those since I'm happy just taking the kids and not hunting myself but normally buy everything except deer tags and turkey since I don't shoot any of those and if I want to I will shoot them on the farm and not pay for the tags that keep increasing in price.
So I guess I have given up on deer tags.

Pretty well is about it

Re: all the fees , memberships and $ to keep certs [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8108916
03/27/24 10:42 AM
03/27/24 10:42 AM
KY
L
learch Offline
trapper
learch  Offline
trapper
L

KY
United Trappers of KY ($250 for lifetime)
NRA ( $30 something a year)
Sportsman Alliance ( send them $50 year)
Local fishing club ( $250 year)
CCL
KY Sportsman license (hunt, fish, trapping license) ($115 yr)

Going to up the sportsman’s alliance donation as i feel they have our best interests in mind.

Re: all the fees , memberships and $ to keep certs [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8108942
03/27/24 11:21 AM
03/27/24 11:21 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
oh yeah hunting licenses

last year I did WI Sportsman's that covers fishing , gun deer , small game and I add a phesant stamp
then my WI trapping license.

60 sportsman's
20 trapping
10 pheasant stamp
10 great lakes salmon and trout
28 state parks sticker (15 to add a second vehicle)
= 128

which makes me contemplate the conservation patrons because if I were to add a inland trout stamp or waterfowl or goose it starts to get really close to the 165 for the conservation patrons license then I am covered for everything I decide to do.

I go back and forth on this seems I am always on that line

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: all the fees , memberships and $ to keep certs [Re: Providence Farm] #8108945
03/27/24 11:25 AM
03/27/24 11:25 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
$5 stickers for our kayaks and canoe. Got to have them on public water. Hunting and fishing license. I don't need those since I'm happy just taking the kids and not hunting myself but normally buy everything except deer tags and turkey since I don't shoot any of those and if I want to I will shoot them on the farm and not pay for the tags that keep increasing in price.
So I guess I have given up on deer tags.

Pretty well is about it

yeah in WI if you take the kids fishing without a fishing license you best not touch a pole, hook , line or fish within 100 yards of water .

hunting you best not hold their gun while they cross a fence

Re: all the fees , memberships and $ to keep certs [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8109371
03/27/24 09:17 PM
03/27/24 09:17 PM
Beaman Iowa 55
M
Mike Cope Offline
trapper
Mike Cope  Offline
trapper
M

Beaman Iowa 55
Local indoor pistol/small bore range, I just sent in my application...110 this year 100 renewals.

Short range 12 lanes mechanical target retrieval,

24/7/365 if no club matches are going on.

Just having the facility to sight in my 22's and teach the young ones is worth that.

Re: all the fees , memberships and $ to keep certs [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8109399
03/27/24 09:44 PM
03/27/24 09:44 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I dropped my membership at the local rifle range. Pain in the rear trying to shoot there. Too crowded. I am back to pastures.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: all the fees , memberships and $ to keep certs [Re: Mike Cope] #8109478
03/27/24 10:49 PM
03/27/24 10:49 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Mike Cope
Local indoor pistol/small bore range, I just sent in my application...110 this year 100 renewals.

Short range 12 lanes mechanical target retrieval,

24/7/365 if no club matches are going on.

Just having the facility to sight in my 22's and teach the young ones is worth that.

that was how I got started at the Rock club , 8 lanes 50 feet indoor, old national guard armory booths and target retrieval, it was a place I could shoot 24/7
they did have some leagues and as the kids got older I started in action pistol about 2012

I got to where we are going to enough matches in the winter and we haven't been snowed out of the outdoor range for long periods of time lately that for the type of shooting we are doing , I just hadn't used it in over a year but was working my hours and paying my dues.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread