No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Vaccum Marinading. #8107616
03/25/24 01:22 PM
03/25/24 01:22 PM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline OP
trapper
Macthediver  Offline OP
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Was originally going to put this with pickled eggs post. But figured long as wasn't just lurking might as well do a post.

My son recently bought a gizmo and I'm going to get me one here soon to.
If you want to really draw the pickle brine into your eggs or fish what ever.
Get you one of these vaccum jar sealer deals. Or you maybe have a vacuum sealer with a attachment to do containers of some type.
Pulling even a little vaccum on a jar will draw the liquid into what ever you have in your jar. So your basically vaccum marinadeing the fish or eggs what ever on small scale. Can cut down on stand time for just letting what ever sit. When my son was working as meat cutter. They did pork loins and chicken breast what ever you might buy marinated. They had a big vaccum tumbler only had to run for short time. So we have actually been doing that on a small scale now at home. We even vaccum seal cheese after we smoke it. Put it in refrigerator for at least a week. Changes the how I used to just wrap it in cellophane leave it sit.
So anyways thought I would share that as some may find it useful.

This isn't the one my son has but works same.

[Linked Image]

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up!"

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Vaccum Marinading. [Re: Macthediver] #8107632
03/25/24 01:47 PM
03/25/24 01:47 PM
Ohio
OhioBoy Offline
trapper
OhioBoy  Offline
trapper

Ohio
I bought one and its handy like that. Vacuums dry goods for storage as well; beans, rice, etc.

Im going to do chicken breasts with a marinade. Note 1/2 gallon jars have the same lid size.

Re: Vaccum Marinading. [Re: Macthediver] #8107656
03/25/24 02:25 PM
03/25/24 02:25 PM
Wisconsin
M
Mad Scientist Offline
trapper
Mad Scientist  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
Mac that idea really sucks-next? Good to see your alive and thinking.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread