No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Garden Seeds-Store bought or [Re: 330-Trapper] #8107518
03/25/24 11:04 AM
03/25/24 11:04 AM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
I'm not sure a person can have too many seeds. We save some heirlooms that aren't available to purchase, order some seeds that can be purchased, buy a few seeds locally, and trade seeds anytime the opportunity comes along. While I certainly appreciate some of the hybrids available such as corn and squashes, I think it's very important that we recognize the importance of heirlooms and keeping the varieties alive. I was pretty shocked when I heard just how many heirlooms have been lost, estimates are possibly as high as 90% of vegetable varieties grown a hundred years ago have been lost.

We believe in saving seeds. We keep properly collected seeds in the deep freezer, and they'll be viable for many years. We've had very high germination rates with watermelon seeds that were 30 years old.

I generally order from Johnny's seeds, and my experiences with them over the years has been 100% positive. My Dad usually orders from other online or mail order stores such as Victory, Gurneys, or another comparable store.

Re: Garden Seeds-Store bought or [Re: 330-Trapper] #8107522
03/25/24 11:13 AM
03/25/24 11:13 AM
N.Y. Mid Hudson Valley
T
Tommyran Offline
trapper
Tommyran  Offline
trapper
T

N.Y. Mid Hudson Valley
I get some of mine from Johnny's and Baker Creek. Some are store bought though as well. Depends on what the stores have. I like Fortex pole beans and don't always find them in stores.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread