No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: tubari closed [Re: nyrat] #8106081
03/22/24 09:38 PM
03/22/24 09:38 PM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
Moyles has been talking about plucking and shearing beaver for 15 years, or more. All they have done so far is “talk”

Moyles will most likely experience an increase in business for regular tanning.. not sure why they would take on something new.

Plus, you don’t just jump into plucking and shearing beaver without practicing first. It takes a while to master that skill.

Just my opinion.

www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Re: tubari closed [Re: walleyed] #8106556
03/23/24 07:49 PM
03/23/24 07:49 PM
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Co.-Wy. part time AK.
Originally Posted by walleyed
Anyone lose any pelts as a result of this sudden closure ?

w

I would seriously doubt that, those guys were all straight shooters and honest.

Re: tubari closed [Re: Boco] #8106563
03/23/24 07:52 PM
03/23/24 07:52 PM
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Co.-Wy. part time AK.
Originally Posted by Boco
International does that in Winnipeg.

International Fur Dressing in Winnipeg is not accepting new customers at the moment. Maybe next year.

Re: tubari closed [Re: nyrat] #8106571
03/23/24 08:09 PM
03/23/24 08:09 PM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
I will second Wissmiss on Moyles doing any shearing and plucking, they have their hands full now with extra pressure from crafts people and owner sending their own fur in, due to low prices and wanting to sell their own fur !

I've been using Moyles for over 20 years now, and watched them go through a change when Hector left to start his own tannery, however his place is small I don't see him doing more work, but one never knows

I could see Moyles taking on more work, as long as their quality stays the same I will stay with them, tried using Tubari, when I first started my crafting endeavors, and was not happy with them, they since change things around but the shipping was a killer from me to them and back.

I do hope some tannery starts the shearing and plucking, would be a great thing in our country, shipping to Canada is rife with restrictions and rules just to buy raw fur from that country, let alone having shearing and plucking added to the order

It's not worth the price total to buy fur up there then have it tanned and then the shearing and plucking before you get it back, I'm not shipping my fur up there to just tan it either, to costly again across the border.

If I had a buyer I could trust to get what I wanted I would consider it, but have not found one since Arctic Fur closed years ago, he was awesome in selling me put up fur and shipping it with proper paper work !!

Moyles it is until they mess up !!

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: tubari closed [Re: nyrat] #8106609
03/23/24 09:09 PM
03/23/24 09:09 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
For you guys in the know, what does it cost about to pluck and shear a beaver?

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread