No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Gulf State Park, Alabama #8103518
03/19/24 03:57 PM
03/19/24 03:57 PM
B.R.Falls Wisconsin
J
JD Nichols Offline OP
trapper
JD Nichols  Offline OP
trapper
J

B.R.Falls Wisconsin
Just got home from a trip to Gulf Shores, Alabama. We spent 2 weeks at the Gulf State Park campground. Of all the campgrounds that I have ever stayed in this one is the very BEST. Large paved sites, full hook ups, new bath houses, quiet, beautiful bike/hiking trails. Just wondering how many on here have had the pleasure of staying in this campground? It is very difficult to get a reservation , but we lucked out and found what must've been a cancellation. The only complaint that I have is that the fishing pier was closed for repairs due to damage from hurricane Sally. I did fish from the beach almost every day. Caught a lot of fish.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out,shouting...
Wow-What a ride!"
Re: Gulf State Park, Alabama [Re: JD Nichols] #8103548
03/19/24 04:32 PM
03/19/24 04:32 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
I understand that it has been extensively upgraded since my last visit. Are the mosquitos still bad? And the raccoons were regular pan handlers tugging on your pants leg for a handout and if you didn't comply they would trash your place that night.

But yes Gulf State has long been the crown jewel of Alabama state parks.

[Linked Image]
Re: Gulf State Park, Alabama [Re: warrior] #8103749
03/19/24 08:47 PM
03/19/24 08:47 PM
B.R.Falls Wisconsin
J
JD Nichols Offline OP
trapper
JD Nichols  Offline OP
trapper
J

B.R.Falls Wisconsin
Warrior
No Mosquitos or raccoons while we were there. I can see where the Mosquitos could be bad. We did have something leave an Armadillo carcass near the truck one night.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out,shouting...
Wow-What a ride!"
Re: Gulf State Park, Alabama [Re: JD Nichols] #8103786
03/19/24 09:13 PM
03/19/24 09:13 PM
Eastern Shore, MD
J
JoMiBru Offline
trapper
JoMiBru  Offline
trapper
J

Eastern Shore, MD
What kinds of fish did ya catch? Got pics of this adventure?! Sounds like a great getaway!

Re: Gulf State Park, Alabama [Re: JD Nichols] #8105156
03/21/24 05:02 PM
03/21/24 05:02 PM
B.R.Falls Wisconsin
J
JD Nichols Offline OP
trapper
JD Nichols  Offline OP
trapper
J

B.R.Falls Wisconsin
JoMiBru
Lots of Whiting. Also caught Pompano (only 1 legal,14 1/2") Pinfish, Croaker, Sting Ray. Had a Blue Heron steal a 13' Whiting out of my pail while I was reeling in lines to leave.
I didn't take many pics. I think my Bride did. We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary down there.

Wow-What a ride!"
Re: Gulf State Park, Alabama [Re: JD Nichols] #8105160
03/21/24 05:19 PM
03/21/24 05:19 PM
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Between the red fox eating the beach mouse and coyotes deciding sea turtle flippers tasted good we've done quite a bit of predator control work down there so good to hear the coons were not tugging on your legs for scrap's, lol. I was working down there a few weeks ago, seemed every tag was from Wi or MN! Come back 4th of July weekend and your experience will be much much different, lol.

Visited that pier a year before the storm took it out, was amazed how many black tip sharks they were catching off it.

Last edited by Jtrapper; 03/21/24 05:19 PM.

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread