No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Ghillie suites [Re: Wolfdog91] #8102853
03/18/24 06:28 PM
03/18/24 06:28 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
So take it the face paint is a bit much too huh ? grin slight side note I've had three cows try to eat me so far laugh
[Linked Image]

Are you knife hunting cows? If so it's working very well but a bucket with grain will probably help speed things up.
Are you coyote hunting today?

Re: Ghillie suites [Re: Providence Farm] #8102858
03/18/24 06:33 PM
03/18/24 06:33 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
So take it the face paint is a bit much too huh ? grin slight side note I've had three cows try to eat me so far laugh
[Linked Image]

Are you knife hunting cows? If so it's working very well but a bucket with grain will probably help speed things up.
Are you coyote hunting today?

I'm just saying man one minute folks tell me not to worry about camo , then I'm not wearing enough then aim wearing too much then I'm not wearing enough, can't win for loosing laugh

Yeepppp was out calling again. And there cows about every where I can get to so .Had a red poke its head out at about 300 for about sec but was too slow in the draw and he ducked back in

Last edited by Wolfdog91; 03/18/24 06:42 PM.
Re: Ghillie suites [Re: Wolfdog91] #8102866
03/18/24 06:47 PM
03/18/24 06:47 PM
Hutchinson KS
D
DirtyD Offline
trapper
DirtyD  Offline
trapper
D

Hutchinson KS
It helps a lot when u belly crawl up to some deer.. I've learned to shoot my recurve from this position and have crawled as close as 7yds from deer and shot one like this... it's helps if u hunt.. doesn't do much if u sit and wait... mine is some old hoop net netting sown on to one of my OCP's that are nolonger in regs.....I will needa find it... you don't have to put very much burlap on it.. tuck a little grass, mabe one or two cedar branches and be on your way ..

lassier les bon temps rouler!!!!!!!!
CWC Wildlife Control
Re: Ghillie suites [Re: Wolfdog91] #8103131
03/18/24 11:36 PM
03/18/24 11:36 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Aww wolfdog camo is a personal thing. It's fun to blend in well and definitely can't hurt a thing. But keep in mind animals don't see like we do different spectrums, and have better hearing and nose. I did a lot of camo when I was young face pain ECT, but in my area for deer I noticed on unplanned hunts after work in jeans and a red flannel I killed just as many. Good approach using terrain, cover and the wind are much more important than camo in my experience. Did you see the pictures I posted of my son at 7 in Brite orange killed his first turkey with that cheap 20lb bow spot and stalking it by himself? Just the best example I personally have to back up my opinion with a personal example. Yet everyone says you need full camo $10 a shot tsx and a shotgun that can shoot 75 yards to kill turkies!!! Hmm maybe it was a freak one off we'll both boys spot and stalked mature time last spring in basic camo one with head net one with face paint and killed mature toms at 13and 15 yards .
Did the camo help well maybe, but I was right between both the boys in a camo t shirt and jeans and no head cover or face paint so I won't say the camo made any different but it could not have hurt.

Bad approach or wrong wind direction and camo won't matter. Don't slam you doors and cycle you guns loudly when you get aout of the truck helps with coyote calling here. Approach and wind make a big difference in success especially if hunting pressure is high. I like a decoy that moves by the call and that a good ways away from me so they are focused on it not on me. I am more successful early in the morning to a few hours after daylight. I'm no expert calling coyotes and don't do it much but t do kill them doing it

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread