No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Giant Sage] #8102474
03/18/24 09:04 AM
03/18/24 09:04 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline OP
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wy
This is from the second letter to Timothy from Paul .
Paul wanted to clarify that the Gentiles were also God's peaple. Before Christ saved Saul now Paul.
Paul would have not agreed.
The lord comanded him to go to the Gentiles.
[Linked Image]

Concerning spiritual Israel. 2 Tim 2 :17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly Finnished unto all good works.
And Roman's 2 : 28-29 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, , which is one outwardly in the flesh: But he is a Jew which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men but of God.
Wouldn't this support spiritual Israel being about faith.
How did Jacob become Israel then is it wasn't faith?

Last edited by Giant Sage; 03/18/24 09:20 AM. Reason: Ad to
Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Giant Sage] #8102515
03/18/24 09:56 AM
03/18/24 09:56 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Jonah preached to the Ninevehites . Pretty sure they were gentiles. I know this is not a good example but it popped into my mind.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Giant Sage] #8102530
03/18/24 10:20 AM
03/18/24 10:20 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
If one grafts some fruit into a different variety does that graft ever fully replace the original tree and its roots?

For humor only= If one grafts an apple branch onto a giant Redwood, how could he ever get up there to pick the apples, lol.

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Foxpaw] #8102533
03/18/24 10:22 AM
03/18/24 10:22 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
If one grafts some fruit into a different variety does that graft ever fully replace the original tree and its roots?

For humor only= If one grafts an apple branch onto a giant Redwood, how could he ever get up there to pick the apples, lol.

This is a great point!

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: run] #8102537
03/18/24 10:30 AM
03/18/24 10:30 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline OP
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by run
Jonah preached to the Ninevehites . Pretty sure they were gentiles. I know this is not a good example but it popped into my mind.

Yes it is a good example.
Jonah did not think they where worthy of being preached to.
The whole story of Jonah was obout taking the sins of the world to the grave.
Jonah was self righteous minded til the lord punished him.
And the going to the Gentiles was a for shadowed of the apostles going to the Gentiles.
The Jews just didn't understand.
When the pharisees asked Jesus for a sign. He told them there was no sign but the sign of Jonah.

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Giant Sage] #8102540
03/18/24 10:33 AM
03/18/24 10:33 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
In 5:17-20, Jesus isn't presenting a rival system to the Law of Moses and the words of the prophets, but a fulfillment of the law and the prophets in contrast with the Pharisees traditions.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Foxpaw] #8102547
03/18/24 10:34 AM
03/18/24 10:34 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline OP
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wy

It's not about replacement, it's about adoption.
The branches grafted in= Gentiles are adopted in to the olive tree = Israel.
It's obout the faithful seed of Abraham.

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Giant Sage] #8102554
03/18/24 10:43 AM
03/18/24 10:43 AM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted by Giant Sage
In Matthew chapter 5 verse 17
What dous this verse mean?

Jesus fulfilled the entire Torah law. He was the only one who ever did. The law was there for a time as a teacher to show man his sin. Righteousness is only available through Christ, not through following certain rules.

Now some will say that the ten commandments were not fulfilled. I don't understand why they think that, but suspect they are afraid people will not keep them if they know keeping laws doesn't merit you anything. But if a person is really following the Spirit, of course he will keep the commandments. He will do it because the Spirit makes him want to.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Trapper7] #8102556
03/18/24 10:45 AM
03/18/24 10:45 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline OP
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by Trapper7
In 5:17-20, Jesus isn't presenting a rival system to the Law of Moses and the words of the prophets, but a fulfillment of the law and the prophets in contrast with the Pharisees traditions.

I agree trapper7
Remember Paul was a pharisees before he was converted.
I don't believe I mentioned anything about a rival system.
Jesus even told the apostles not to go to the Gentiles. That was for a time after his finished work.

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Foxpaw] #8102560
03/18/24 10:49 AM
03/18/24 10:49 AM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA

The tree becomes something else entirely. It's no longer about ethnicity, all who believe in Christ are now the chosen, that is, spiritual Israel.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: PAskinner] #8102566
03/18/24 10:56 AM
03/18/24 10:56 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline OP
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by PAskinner
In Matthew chapter 5 verse 17
What dous this verse mean?

Jesus fulfilled the entire Torah law. He was the only one who ever did. The law was there for a time as a teacher to show man his sin. Righteousness is only available through Christ, not through following certain rules.

Now some will say that the ten commandments were not fulfilled. I don't understand why they think that, but suspect they are afraid people will not keep them if they know keeping laws doesn't merit you anything. But if a person is really following the Spirit, of course he will keep the commandments. He will do it because the Spirit makes him want to.

Good point PAskinner
To fulfill the law was to live a sunless life so we could fave a perfect sacrifice to cover us.
Because no one could ever live by the letter of the law.
The law was brought in because of transgressions.
We should still strive to follow God's comand. Jesus was our example.

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Giant Sage] #8102568
03/18/24 10:59 AM
03/18/24 10:59 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois

It's not about replacement, it's about adoption.
The branches grafted in= Gentiles are adopted in to the olive tree = Israel.
It's obout the faithful seed of Abraham.

So what law would Amos 2:7 "That pant after the dust of the earth on the head of the poor, and turn aside the way of the meek: and a man and his father will go in unto the same maid, to profane my holy name:" come under. I suppose maybe under the 10 Big Ones.

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Foxpaw] #8102586
03/18/24 11:23 AM
03/18/24 11:23 AM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
To me it says this. God created laws by which the Isralites could love and obey God. Over time and certainly by the time of Jesus we have seen how we all sin and fall short but even more important to Jesus and God was over time how the laws became manipulated to be a list of "rules" created by man (religious leaders) to benefit them. I thank God that he actually dispised the manipulating rule makers as much or more than me the sinner, and as our human nature shows we continue those behavioral traits yet today.

Bryce

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Foxpaw] #8102822
03/18/24 05:54 PM
03/18/24 05:54 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline OP
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wy
Sorry for the slow response foxpaw.
The first part I suppose would fall under the first and great camandment.
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all your heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Because Jesus said the second is like unto it .
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On thee two commandments hang all the law and the Prophets. Matthew 22:37-40 paraphrase
Interesting how through lovng God and loving your neighbor Jesus says the law and the Prophets hang on them.
Seems like a good place to be.

The second part, though shalt not commit adultery.
So yes the Big 10

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: bblwi] #8102849
03/18/24 06:24 PM
03/18/24 06:24 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline OP
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by bblwi
To me it says this. God created laws by which the Isralites could love and obey God. Over time and certainly by the time of Jesus we have seen how we all sin and fall short but even more important to Jesus and God was over time how the laws became manipulated to be a list of "rules" created by man (religious leaders) to benefit them. I thank God that he actually dispised the manipulating rule makers as much or more than me the sinner, and as our human nature shows we continue those behavioral traits yet today.

Bryce

I like your coment bblwi.
Look at today's society. We have an escalation of laws and rules that are chipping away at our liberties.
Israel had been in bondage for four hundred years. They were institutionalized. Thy lived in bondage under a tyrannical rule. When they were brought out of Egypt. They only knew how to be led. They had learned idolatry from the Egyptians. And idolatry soon became there god.
Sounds a little like today's society eh.
God brought In the law because of their transgressions.
These were the children of promise. They would be reconditioned to be caretakers of the ark of the testimony and learn about sacrifice over the next 40 years.

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Giant Sage] #8104768
03/21/24 06:19 AM
03/21/24 06:19 AM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
This is from the second letter to Timothy from Paul .
Paul wanted to clarify that the Gentiles were also God's peaple. Before Christ saved Saul now Paul.
Paul would have not agreed.
The lord comanded him to go to the Gentiles.
[Linked Image]

Concerning spiritual Israel. 2 Tim 2 :17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly Finnished unto all good works.
And Roman's 2 : 28-29 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, , which is one outwardly in the flesh: But he is a Jew which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men but of God.
Wouldn't this support spiritual Israel being about faith.
How did Jacob become Israel then is it wasn't faith?

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread