No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Bible verse question? B attitudes #8101996
03/17/24 06:33 PM
03/17/24 06:33 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline OP
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wy
In Matthew chapter 5 verse 17
What dous this verse mean?

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Giant Sage] #8102009
03/17/24 06:41 PM
03/17/24 06:41 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
The old testament is still legitimate. Some people tend to throw old testament out because it's obsolete or some other reason possibly. I prefer to call it the original testament. Maybe read Hebrews to get a more balanced view. Great question, I may not have answered it properly. But this is my worthless 2 cents.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: run] #8102043
03/17/24 07:13 PM
03/17/24 07:13 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline OP
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wy
Thank you,run.

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Giant Sage] #8102045
03/17/24 07:15 PM
03/17/24 07:15 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
I take it to mean that he came to fulfill what was written and that the old testament and laws are fulfilled. If you don't think that then I will say grab a dove and head off for a sin offering.

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Giant Sage] #8102052
03/17/24 07:30 PM
03/17/24 07:30 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
You also have to remember that the old testament was written for the jewish people not the gentiles a lot of faiths like to stir it together making it a great mystery and guess what you need someone to explain to stand and tell you how wrong you are.But think for just one sec, GOD is your father would he tell you something and then make it so hard you couldn't understand ? A little prayer and faith and there it is.

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: rex123] #8102139
03/17/24 08:38 PM
03/17/24 08:38 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline OP
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by rex123
I take it to mean that he came to fulfill what was written and that the old testament and laws are fulfilled. If you don't think that then I will say grab a dove and head off for a sin offering.

Yes rex,
Jesus fulfilled the law. He did it by living a perfect sinless life .
He also fulfilled most prophecy.
I would think that the final throne judgment has not yet been fulfilled. smile
Jesus is the final sacrifice. For all sin.

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: rex123] #8102158
03/17/24 08:43 PM
03/17/24 08:43 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline OP
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wy
You also have to remember that the old testament was written for the jewish people not the gentiles a lot of faiths like to stir it together making it a great mystery and guess what you need someone to explain to stand and tell you how wrong you are.But think for just one sec, GOD is your father would he tell you something and then make it so hard you couldn't understand ? A little prayer and faith and there it is.

I agree with you again sir,
The new covenant is the complete work of God. Till the fulness of the Gentiles.
The faith of Christ and the faith in Chist is spiritual Israel.
That's why Jesus said it is finished.

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Giant Sage] #8102180
03/17/24 08:53 PM
03/17/24 08:53 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
The entire old testament points directly to and at Jesus. He fulfilled it and it's promise as for told. The law is still the law but he raised the bar on that. Under the old law you had to commit adultery to sin. Jesus raised that to if you have lust in your heart you have already sin.

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Providence Farm] #8102239
03/17/24 09:33 PM
03/17/24 09:33 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline OP
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
The entire old testament points directly to and at Jesus. He fulfilled it and it's promise as for told. The law is still the law but he raised the bar on that. Under the old law you had to commit adultery to sin. Jesus raised that to if you have lust in your heart you have already sin.

Providence
I believe Jesus was correcting there misunderstanding of the law.
I believe in there heart of heart the men of the old testament knew when thy lusted that they where sinning.
The low never changed.
Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Giant Sage] #8102278
03/17/24 10:04 PM
03/17/24 10:04 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
Hmm. I do not read the Bible ( have tried) but the verbiage lost me.

I don't go to church either. Haven't for 30plus years. My opinion is...., the vast majority of those that go to church do it for no other reason then to let others SEE they go to church.
One of my best friends can quote most every Bible verse yet goes every Sunday. Why?, why should he go and let someone try and " interpit" what he has already comprehended by reading the written word?

The 10 commandments are what we need to know and follow. Black n White.

Churches have become nothing much more then a social gathering when as soon as its over,, the " Flock" goes about their daily life while judging others after they contributed $$ to the " cause".

I don't need to know the History of the the Bible. I try to follow the 10 Commandments and feel God will sort it out in the end.
Don't care if I get a special place in Heaven. Am happy knowing I'll be the water boy when I get their.

smile

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: bucksnbears] #8102314
03/17/24 11:19 PM
03/17/24 11:19 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline OP
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by bucksnbears

I don't go to church either. Haven't for 30plus years. My opinion is...., the vast majority of those that go to church do it for no other reason then to let others SEE they go to church.
One of my best friends can quote most every Bible verse yet goes every Sunday. Why?, why should he go and let someone try and " interpit" what he has already comprehended by reading the written word?

Churches have become nothing much more then a social gathering when as soon as its over,, the " Flock" goes about their daily life while judging others after they contributed $$ to the " cause".

I don't need to know the History of the the Bible. I try to follow the 10 Commandments and feel God will sort it out in the end.
Don't care if I get a special place in Heaven. Am happy knowing I'll be the water boy when I get their.

smile

I can comprehend
I was in the same place about ten years ago.

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Giant Sage] #8102337
03/18/24 01:05 AM
03/18/24 01:05 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
It's all about the blood; from Genesis to Revelation.

God killed the animals in Eden to cloth Adam and Eve after they sinned. This had to be a shock to both Adam and Eve cause they knew those animals and had at the time never seen killing IMO, at that time, they may have even been able to communicate and speak with the animals.

When God killed the animals in the garden to cloth Adam and Eve, he was teaching them a very, very, important lesson at the time IMO. That lesson was that only by the shedding of innocent blood, would they be covered for their sins. We are in the same predicament.

The entire Book of Exodus screams the Gospels. Jesus Christ is in every verse in Exodus if one looks. Only by His innocent blood are we covered from our sins. Its that simple.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Giant Sage] #8102339
03/18/24 01:35 AM
03/18/24 01:35 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by Giant Sage

I agree with you again sir,
The new covenant is the complete work of God. Till the fulness of the Gentiles.
The faith of Christ and the faith in Chist is spiritual Israel.
That's why Jesus said it is finished.

I don't read it like that. I think when it says "Till the fullness of the Gentiles comes in.....that it means the Jewish people won't wake up to the facts of the Blood of Jesus UNTIL all gentiles get right. That means for us Christians, grab and scream at your buddies that are on the fenceline, cause Christ ain't coming back till they get on board.

I 100% disagree that faith in Christ is spiritual Israel. Jesus said it was finished because He was the sacrifice for all mankind; His blood was enough.

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: bucksnbears] #8102389
03/18/24 06:00 AM
03/18/24 06:00 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by bucksnbears

smile

If we are the hands and feet of Christ, it would be rather difficult to organize a job for the body to do if the hand never meets with the feet.

Last edited by J Staton; 03/18/24 06:01 AM.
Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Giant Sage] #8102395
03/18/24 06:21 AM
03/18/24 06:21 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
You don't have to follow the levitical laws but Jesus quoted quite a few verses from the old testament. Plus Danny Clifton likes the story of Samson and King Solomon. Those are some of my favorite Bible characters as well. Sorry I didn't read all of the comments on this thread yet. Plus I have a friend who became a Christian because of the song of Solomon. Too many goodies in the old testament to say it's only for the Jews makes me very sad and I have to say I disagree.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Giant Sage] #8102418
03/18/24 07:11 AM
03/18/24 07:11 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline OP
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wy
Chancey
I don't want to miss quote you.
(All Gentiles get it right, that means for us Christions. )

Christions are of all peaple . There were 1000s of jews that were saved at Pentecost.
And there are peaple from every nation that are saved every day, Jew and Gentile.

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Chancey] #8102428
03/18/24 07:25 AM
03/18/24 07:25 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline OP
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wy
Here is the word Gentile is Hebrew. [Linked Image]
Are you saying all Gentiles will get it right? Then all Jews?
That would be all of mankind.
Like I said I don't want to miss quote you. I would like to believe that all would be saved.

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Giant Sage] #8102450
03/18/24 08:13 AM
03/18/24 08:13 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline OP
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wy
I should have been a little more specific when I responded to rex in agreement about the old testament being written to the jews only.
It's a little more complicated then that.
There was not even a nation of Israel until, well Israel--- Jacob became a nation.
The writings of Genesis were preserved by Israel through Moses
You won't find the title jews until 2 king 16: 6
I would say that Israel were the care takers of the Torah. I thinks most would agree the law and the ark of the covenant was put in there care. They were chosen for sure for a purpose.
Most of the Torah from Moses on was written by and to a specific peaple. I don't think the Prophets were writing letters and warnings to the Gentiles. Although some of the writing were about God going to the Gentiles.
And this may even have been the cause of some of the prophet's demise.

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Giant Sage] #8102452
03/18/24 08:20 AM
03/18/24 08:20 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
I take it that in Paul's day, the Jews thought there were two different people.....Jews and then everyone else. Everyone else was considered a gentile.

Since Christ, all mankind has an opportunity of salvation through His blood. It is a gift though; not a mandate. IMO, God knows the names and numbers of every single person that will be in His Kingdom; both Jew and gentile. Once all the gentiles that are on the list find Christ; then all the Jews that are on the list will wake up and realize that Jesus is their Messiah. Not everyone both Jew and gentile will accept the gift of salvation.

Re: Bible verse question? B attitudes [Re: Chancey] #8102456
03/18/24 08:34 AM
03/18/24 08:34 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline OP
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by Chancey
I take it that in Paul's day, the Jews thought there were two different people.....Jews and then everyone else. Everyone else was considered a gentile.

Since Christ, all mankind has an opportunity of salvation through His blood. It is a gift though; not a mandate. IMO, God knows the names and numbers of every single person that will be in His Kingdom; both Jew and gentile. Once all the gentiles that are on the list find Christ; then all the Jews that are on the list will wake up and realize that Jesus is their Messiah. Not everyone both Jew and gentile will accept the gift of salvation.

Thanks for the clarification. That is also what I believe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread