No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Everyone needs to watch this #8100413
03/15/24 06:41 PM
03/15/24 06:41 PM
North East Utah
That.darn.coon Offline OP
trapper
That.darn.coon  Offline OP
trapper

North East Utah

******* I save my sick days, because come winter, I'm gonna have a bad case of trappin fever *******
Re: Everyone needs to watch this [Re: That.darn.coon] #8100420
03/15/24 06:50 PM
03/15/24 06:50 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I like that Guy.
I met him briefly last summer at the NTA in Escanaba.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Everyone needs to watch this [Re: That.darn.coon] #8100421
03/15/24 06:51 PM
03/15/24 06:51 PM
North East Utah
That.darn.coon Offline OP
trapper
That.darn.coon  Offline OP
trapper

North East Utah
Ya he is a very smart guy

******* I save my sick days, because come winter, I'm gonna have a bad case of trappin fever *******
Re: Everyone needs to watch this [Re: That.darn.coon] #8100439
03/15/24 07:15 PM
03/15/24 07:15 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Compromise on gun control will stop the nanny state from trying to disarm you. I say tell the truth and let them get offended. Saying dispatch instead of kill or saying foot trap instead of leg hold wont amount to anything in a brainwashed pavement addicts mind.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Everyone needs to watch this [Re: That.darn.coon] #8100544
03/15/24 09:08 PM
03/15/24 09:08 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I see it went way over your head.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Everyone needs to watch this [Re: danny clifton] #8100632
03/15/24 11:40 PM
03/15/24 11:40 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Compromise on gun control will stop the nanny state from trying to disarm you. I say tell the truth and let them get offended. Saying dispatch instead of kill or saying foot trap instead of leg hold wont amount to anything in a brainwashed pavement addicts mind.

I don't view compromise and diplomacy as the same thing. I can use words that appeal to the masses while refusing to give an inch when it comes to accepting any proposed restrictions on trapping.

You're right when you say using foothold instead of leghold makes no difference to an anti. But what about when a manager of a timber company wants to hire you to trap 250,000 acres but during the initial meeting with you mentions some video he saw of an animal caught high on the leg and that "he wants to beaver gone but doesn't want them to suffer".... blah blah blah.... isn't that the perfect time to explain how proper traps catch critters by the FOOT and not the leg (most of the time).

Or like the woman we've been trapping on and off for the past 4 years. I worked with her once for a few months and mentioned I trapped. That fall she called me and said fox were eating her chickens. We went and caught the fox, but loaded them into our coyote cage and toted them off before killing them. She was paying us $100/fox. One day, a fox had a bad leg so I shot it, figuring to just zip on out of there, but she came running outside and saw it dead in the back. I thought she was gonna cry. I explained sometimes things like that happen and there's nothing you can do but it's rare and she accepted that because she considered her chickens pets. She's called us back several times since then and recommends us to others as well. If I made her look at bloody bodies everyday, I doubt that would have been the case.

I guess I learned that lesson early on. My mother and grandmother both HATED hunting/trapping.... would be antis.... but they loved me and their menfolk. So they told me as a child I could hunt to my heart's content but to NEVER make them look at dead critters. I respected that "compromise".

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread