No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
West Virginia Trapper's Association #8098827
03/13/24 12:22 PM
03/13/24 12:22 PM
Central Pennsylvania
Nittany Lion Offline OP
Don't call me Mister, Mister
Nittany Lion  Offline OP

Central Pennsylvania
Does the Association still publish a newsletter called, "Mountain State Trapper"?

I got myself a seniors' GPS.
Not only does it tell me how to get to my destination,
it tells me why I wanted to go there.
Re: West Virginia Trapper's Association [Re: Nittany Lion] #8098936
03/13/24 03:58 PM
03/13/24 03:58 PM
PA
W
w side rd 151 Offline
trapper
w side rd 151  Offline
trapper
W

PA
I have been a member of WVTA for about 10 years and have never heard of the item you are looking for They do put out a once a year magazine that goes out to al that make up the WVTA The magazine is very professional in it's content and reliable information. The layout is also well done with plenty of great photos to accent the articles And just the right amount of advertising to provide those looking to get a start in trapping a jumping off point io find gear and supplies to become a WVTA member It maybe that magazine you are asking about is a former version of the magazine currently The current one is very nice and a credit to all the people that put it together and put it out for the benefit of the entire membership it is the result of a lot of effort and work by the staff And is a very nice example of what can be done when we put our best foot forward and just do the things we are good at doing And our goal needs to be helping to do something that you are pretty good at The WVTA and the PTA both offer a subscriptions to a couple of different magazine if you sign up up to join the association So check them out pick your choice of magazines and support your local trappers associations

Re: West Virginia Trapper's Association [Re: Nittany Lion] #8099050
03/13/24 07:17 PM
03/13/24 07:17 PM
Central Pennsylvania
Nittany Lion Offline OP
Nittany Lion  Offline OP

Central Pennsylvania
I am a lifetime member of the PTA. I have some copies of the publication I mentioned, They were published bi-monthly and the issues I have are in the early 2000's so I guess that was well before you joined. At the present time my eyesight sucks and I cannot read the print, I am scheduled for cataract surgery the end of May. I am hoping to be able to read them then. I have no clue how or when I obtained them. Over the years I purchased a lot of trapping paper and I suppose they came along with something else I purchased.

Re: West Virginia Trapper's Association [Re: Nittany Lion] #8099285
03/14/24 07:06 AM
03/14/24 07:06 AM
PA
W
w side rd 151 Offline
trapper
w side rd 151  Offline
trapper
W

PA
I have been a lifetime member of the PTA since 1982 I am not sure if I understand your connection of the Mountain State newsletter and being a member of the PTA?

Re: West Virginia Trapper's Association [Re: w side rd 151] #8099336
03/14/24 09:08 AM
03/14/24 09:08 AM
Boswell, PA
C
cwilson Offline
trapper
cwilson  Offline
trapper
C

Boswell, PA
"And our goal needs to be helping to do something that you are pretty good at The WVTA and the PTA both offer a subscriptions to a couple of different magazine if you sign up up to join the association So check them out pick your choice of magazines and support your local trappers associations"

I think the first part of his reply was to your suggestion (quoted above) that he join PA or WV state trappers association to get whatever magazine he liked better. He was likely replying that he was already a member of the PTA and he was just asking about the WVTA newsletter, not whether he should join a trappers association.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Re: West Virginia Trapper's Association [Re: Nittany Lion] #8099382
03/14/24 10:19 AM
03/14/24 10:19 AM
Central Pennsylvania
Nittany Lion Offline OP
Nittany Lion  Offline OP

Central Pennsylvania
In my younger days when my eyesight was better I joined any state association that had a good publication that I knew of. I loved to read trapping stories. I belong to the Idaho, Montana, Ohio, Minnesota, Alaska and both the NTA and FTA Associations. I was not aware the WVTA had a publication back then. I was going through some trapping paper I had and found a packet I never opened that contained the WVTA newsletters. BTW, that packet has some interesting stuff (I think) in addition to the newsletters. It has a 3 or 4 page printout of a discussion that was on Trapperman years ago, I have to get my wife to read it to me as I don't know what it is about, there are some other handwritten documents that I know deal with WVTA but I can't read them, again I will have to get my wife to tell me what they are about. I am scheduled for cataract surgery the end of May, I hope to be able to see good enough to read then as I have a lot of catching up to do. At least on my computer I can increase the size of the letters so I can read things on this sight.

Re: West Virginia Trapper's Association [Re: cwilson] #8099404
03/14/24 11:12 AM
03/14/24 11:12 AM
PA
W
w side rd 151 Offline
trapper
w side rd 151  Offline
trapper
W

PA
I was not trying to question his information or telling him to join both I was confused by what he was asking about th e Moutain State publication I do not know Nittany but based on the almost 13,000 post he has made on this site I am certain that he is one of many that make this site so valuable .Sorry if my reply was taken in a way I did not mean it sound like .

Re: West Virginia Trapper's Association [Re: Nittany Lion] #8099667
03/14/24 06:10 PM
03/14/24 06:10 PM
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Nitty you ever heard of a scanner? Not the thing you listen to police on to see if your going to need bail money for any of your kinfolk this weekend but a thing that will scan a document onto your computer so you can enlarge it on here, might help ya to read all your 'stuff'.

Hope your surgery goes well buddy.

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: West Virginia Trapper's Association [Re: Nittany Lion] #8099782
03/14/24 08:31 PM
03/14/24 08:31 PM
Central Pennsylvania
Nittany Lion Offline OP
Nittany Lion  Offline OP

Central Pennsylvania
If I scan it and everyone reads it how the heck do you expect me to sell it?

Re: West Virginia Trapper's Association [Re: Nittany Lion] #8099874
03/14/24 10:39 PM
03/14/24 10:39 PM
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Scan it so YOU can read it, don't have to post it on here.

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: West Virginia Trapper's Association [Re: Nittany Lion] #8099878
03/14/24 10:45 PM
03/14/24 10:45 PM
Punxsutawney, Pa.
M
MinkGuy Offline
trapper
MinkGuy  Offline
trapper
M

Punxsutawney, Pa.
LOL. Good Point Jim! Good Luck with the surgery. Both Eyes?

DonP
Minktrapping.com
Re: West Virginia Trapper's Association [Re: Jtrapper] #8099936
03/15/24 02:35 AM
03/15/24 02:35 AM
Central Pennsylvania
Nittany Lion Offline OP
Nittany Lion  Offline OP

Central Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by Jtrapper
Scan it so YOU can read it, don't have to post it on here.

Read my post carefully, I asked if the publication was still being published. A scanner is not going to give me the answer.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread