No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Favorite Bible conspiracies [Re: rex123] #8097333
03/10/24 10:23 PM
03/10/24 10:23 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by rex123
So how did they get into the old testament and have children with the daughters of men? the verse you showed was from the new testament wasn't it? Enoch wasn't put in the bible because the Catholic church didn't want it there.

[Linked Image]
Gen 4 :26
These are the first.
This is a foreshadow of men following Christ.
Christ means the anointed. More specifically the anointed king.
Lord means ownership. Such as landlord etc.
Sons of God in the new testament represent kings and priest.
Rev1:6 and he hath made us kings and priest.
It's a statement of faith.
It's always been about faith.
Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.
Always been about faith in a Savior.
A marriage made in heaven.
Gen 2:23 this is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh:
One in Christ . Sons of God .
I will reply about daughters of men shortly

Re: Favorite Bible conspiracies [Re: Wolfdog91] #8097351
03/10/24 10:57 PM
03/10/24 10:57 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Daughters of men.
[Linked Image]
Notice the Lord hath given her a Man .
Earlier in the Genesis story it says there was not yet a man to till the ground.
Adams punishment was cursed ground
And Cane was the first mentioned of a man being a tiller of the ground.
If you know the story of Cane, you know he killed his brother and told the Lord am I my brother's keeper?
I'd say you could count him out as , The sons of God kind.
[Linked Image]
Now we see two two seeds.
One of followers of God. Fishers of men
And one seed as a selfish nature. Fishers of thyself so to speak.
So when these two yoke together. Produces a messed up child.
Confusion.
Sons of God saw the daughters of men.

Re: Favorite Bible conspiracies [Re: danny clifton] #8097354
03/10/24 11:09 PM
03/10/24 11:09 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Been a lot of hoaxs where giant skeletons were out on display. Every now and then a "giant" shows up due to malfunction in the bodys growth mechanism. I think the tallest human documented was about 8 1/2 feet. Never been any skeletons of any giant race.

Danny I say maybe maybe not. As smart as many of us are, we are treated like mushrooms- kept in the dark and fed a bunch of horse (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman).

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Favorite Bible conspiracies [Re: Wolfdog91] #8097355
03/10/24 11:10 PM
03/10/24 11:10 PM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The very fact that social media restricts a documentary should make most of my points for me.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Favorite Bible conspiracies [Re: ack] #8097368
03/10/24 11:37 PM
03/10/24 11:37 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by ack
Why was the book of Enoc removed?

The book of Enoch is An apocalyptic style writing. None of the pre flood writings were of an apocalyptic nature besides the flood itself.
Apocalyptic writing because very popular in the Jewish culture before Christ, and continued for some time after Christ.
It would make sense that the Revolation would have been of apocalyptic nature.
From the siege of the first temple until the time of Jesus much of the Scripture was of an apocalyptic nature.
The record of Enochs prophecy that Jude Jameses brother spoke of could have easily been passed down verbally from Enock to Noah and so on.
There is never actually a book of Enoch mentioned in Scripture, old or new testament.
There is also no witness of the book of Enoch. Being dated later than other books of the Canaan.
The author of the book posably could have gotten the prophecy mentioned in Jude right out of judes writings.
That is all I realy know of its absence from the canaan.

Re: Favorite Bible conspiracies [Re: Giant Sage] #8097387
03/11/24 01:01 AM
03/11/24 01:01 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by Giant Sage
Originally Posted by ack
Why was the book of Enoc removed?

The book of Enoch is An apocalyptic style writing. None of the pre flood writings were of an apocalyptic nature besides the flood itself.
Apocalyptic writing because very popular in the Jewish culture before Christ, and continued for some time after Christ.
It would make sense that the Revolation would have been of apocalyptic nature.
From the siege of the first temple until the time of Jesus much of the Scripture was of an apocalyptic nature.
The record of Enochs prophecy that Jude Jameses brother spoke of could have easily been passed down verbally from Enock to Noah and so on.
There is never actually a book of Enoch mentioned in Scripture, old or new testament.
There is also no witness of the book of Enoch. Being dated later than other books of the Canaan.
The author of the book posably could have gotten the prophecy mentioned in Jude right out of judes writings.
That is all I realy know of its absence from the canaan.

Sorry. This slipped my mind , from what I remember the apocrypha was not included in the original Torah or exepted jewish writings. It what adad in when the septuigent was translated.
I may not be write on this. I'm pretty sure this is what I remember from studying about the apocrypha
I do know the apocrypha whas in the kjv for a short period of time until the reformers removed it.
I believe the catholic versions removed the apocrypha after the reformers. Maybee conforming to the pressure of the reformation.

Re: Favorite Bible conspiracies [Re: Wolfdog91] #8097389
03/11/24 01:11 AM
03/11/24 01:11 AM
Minnesota
Woodsloafer72 Offline
trapper
Woodsloafer72  Offline
trapper

Minnesota
If you are interested in dinosaurs Answers in Genisis on YouTube has some interesting things to say.

Re: Favorite Bible conspiracies [Re: Wolfdog91] #8097393
03/11/24 02:20 AM
03/11/24 02:20 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
The original Book of Enoch was found with the Dead Sea Scrolls. So was the highly fragmented Book of Giants. These Books were found alongside a Book of Isaiah that is 100% word for word accurate of what we read today in our Bibles. At the time, the people reading the Book of Isaiah which speaks in first person of Jesus and His death on the Cross, were also reading those Books. I think it is what they believed. In actuality, nothing in the OT really makes any sense at all except in the Angelic view of Genesis 6. Enoch walked with God and was taken up by Him pre-flood. As Giant Sage pointed out, Jude mentions it as well.

Regarding Genesis, in the Hebrew the Elohim is what is written. Nowhere anywhere else in the Bible is that interpreted as mankind. It always refers to Angels. A direct creation from God (YHWH). Adam was a direct creation from God. So were the angels and also the Nachash. We are the mere descendants from Adam. Not a direct creation from God.

IMO, this is what caused a lot of conflict between the Nachash and Adam. Lucifer saw Adam as a direct threat.
When was the last time ya'll read the Book of Job, the oldest Book in the entire Bible? It's a good read.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Favorite Bible conspiracies [Re: Wolfdog91] #8097394
03/11/24 02:38 AM
03/11/24 02:38 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
This was written by King David several centuries before our Lord and Savior was crucified. It goes on to describe Jesus' death on the cross in great detail around 900 years before it happened. It even starts out with what Jesus said in His last moments on the cross. Most of us are familiar with the 23rd Psalm, but I think the one before it is just as and possibly more important.

How's that for a Bible conspiracy? It predicts the future too?

Psalm 22

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

2 O my God, I cry in the day time, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.

3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.

5 They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.

6 But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,

8 He trusted on the Lord that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.

10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.

11 Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

12 Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.

13 They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.

14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.

16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

19 But be not thou far from me, O Lord: O my strength, haste thee to help me.

20 Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.

21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.

23 Ye that fear the Lord, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.

24 For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.

26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the Lord that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

28 For the kingdom is the Lord's: and he is the governor among the nations.

29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Favorite Bible conspiracies [Re: Wolfdog91] #8097438
03/11/24 06:55 AM
03/11/24 06:55 AM
Va
B
bandy Offline
trapper
bandy  Offline
trapper
B

Va
Guys if you spend your time looking for the uppertaker and then you don't have to worry with these things. Because you won't be here when all bad stuff comes out to consume the world. I know everyone is going to jump on me but I also like learning about these things you should check out the To Every Man Answer raido show. Mike Fabarez is another one you should check out on these things.

No matter where you go there you are.
Re: Favorite Bible conspiracies [Re: Wolfdog91] #8097440
03/11/24 07:07 AM
03/11/24 07:07 AM
Georgia
sportsman94 Offline
trapper
sportsman94  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Here is another take on the sons of God.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Other biblical “conspiracies” that interest me are that maybe Greek mythology characters are real and that Hercules, Gilgamesh, and Nimrod of the Bible could all be the same person

Re: Favorite Bible conspiracies [Re: Wolfdog91] #8097482
03/11/24 08:40 AM
03/11/24 08:40 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
That youtube video is just another bigfoot tale. A hoax.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Favorite Bible conspiracies [Re: Wolfdog91] #8097491
03/11/24 08:55 AM
03/11/24 08:55 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
When I was a kid there was a tale going around that STP in an automatic transmission would stop it from slipping. Another that putting sugar in a gas tank would wreck an engine. To consistently catch coyotes one needed to be obsessed with scent control. This is the same thing. A story gone viral only without the internet.

Last edited by danny clifton; 03/11/24 08:56 AM.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Favorite Bible conspiracies [Re: sportsman94] #8097556
03/11/24 11:05 AM
03/11/24 11:05 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by sportsman94
Here is another take on the sons of God.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Other biblical “conspiracies” that interest me are that maybe Greek mythology characters are real and that Hercules, Gilgamesh, and Nimrod of the Bible could all be the same person

I'm curious, is that a bible comintary or a book you are showing?

Re: Favorite Bible conspiracies [Re: Wolfdog91] #8097565
03/11/24 11:21 AM
03/11/24 11:21 AM
Georgia
sportsman94 Offline
trapper
sportsman94  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Its a book called "The Genesis 6 Conspiracy." Written by Gary Wayne who is a Christian that has researched these topics for something like 30 years. He labels himself as a Christian contrarian. He is a guest on several podcasts and gives his thoughts if you want to get the gist of what he believes.

As I said before, I hold onto things like this with an open hand. My faith does not hinge on whether these beliefs are right or wrong. I do find them incredibly interesting though and for me, if true, they only strengthen my belief and help me make sense of things in the world that I previously had no answer for.

Re: Favorite Bible conspiracies [Re: sportsman94] #8097579
03/11/24 11:46 AM
03/11/24 11:46 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Thak you forn the info. You are a true sportsman. smile

Re: Favorite Bible conspiracies [Re: Wolfdog91] #8097655
03/11/24 02:03 PM
03/11/24 02:03 PM
Flint Hills, KS
J
jht Offline
trapper
jht  Offline
trapper
J

Flint Hills, KS
A thread with a title including the words "bible" and "conspiracies" is bound to get pretty wild, so I'm not sure what I'm about to say will make any meaningful difference here. I'll give the Genesis 6 issue a shot anyway...

I think this issue isn't really much of an issue if we understand just a little about the language and just a little about ancient cultures, then we just have to read the narrative. First, let's do language. The word "god" in Hebrew is elohim. It means simply any spiritual being, an inhabitant of the spiritual realm. The Hebrew people (and followers of modern religions that are descended from their ideas) believe that there is one supreme elohim that created and rules all of the other elohim. His name is Yahweh. Many times in the Hebrew bible, Yahweh is simply referred to as Elohim (in English: God with a capital G), sometimes as Yahweh Elohim (the LORD God in English). Other times the word elohim refers to other spirit beings (lowercase g gods). Next, the phrase "sons of" in Hebrew denoted members of a group or class. You see the phrase "the sons of the prophets", and it doesn't mean the prophets' children. It means the prophets followers, acolytes, etc. Similarly, the phrase "sons of god" means spiritual beings - heavenly creatures. (Side note: angel is a Greek word that means messenger; it matches the Hebrew word malakh. An elohim may be a messenger, but not all elohim are. In modern usage, we use angel to denote any spiritual being, but that wasn't the case for the Old Testament at least.)

Second, ancient culture. Warriors and warrior-kings played important roles in the stories of every culture. They were men of renown that were idolized and/or worshiped. Their stories were told around campfires and dinner tables, and they were often immortalized in the stories of the culture. They were also often believed to be demigods - offspring of the gods. This often is what gave the warrior-kings (or their descendants) the right to rule, or made one kingdom better than another (at least its own eyes). Think Hercules, Maui, Imhotep, or anyone else - it was very common.

Now, the narrative. The bible opens with two main problems: the world is without order and empty. God addresses these problems by creating ordered realms (in Genesis 1 days 1-3) and then filling them with inhabitants (days 4-6). On day 4, God creates inhabitants for the realm that is above the skies (or heavens, the Hebrew word is shamayim and it means skies), and those inhabitants are told to rule (under God's authority) in the heavenly realm. The sun, moon, and stars are said to be signs and symbols of this reality. On days 5-6, God creates inhabitants for the realms below the skies, and on day 6, He appoints humans to be the rulers (under His authority) in the realms below the skies. When we get to Genesis 3, we see humans attempting to "become like gods" at the suggestion of a "beast of the field". In other words, they did not "rule over the beast of the field" but instead were ruled by one, and at the same time, they attempted to gain authority in a realm that did not belong to them, namely to "become like gods". The key words to remember from this story are that the woman saw that the fruit was good and took it. In Genesis 6, we have heavenly rulers (sons of god) that saw that the daughters of men were good (often and unfortunately translated "beautiful) and took (again unfortunately "married") them. On day 4 of creation, the heavenly beings were not told to be fruitful and multiply like the inhabitants below the heavens were. They are now, like the humans before, attempting to gain abilities and authority that does not belong to them. We have now matching "fall narratives" or rebellions in the heavenly and earthly realms. The earth was intended to be filled and its inhabitants multiplied under God's authority and with His blessing and abundance. God now looks out and sees that the earth has indeed been filled, but with violence (Gen 6:11), and what has multiplied on the earth is wickedness (Gen 6:5). Thus, God is grieved (Gen 6:6, same word used to describe Adam's and Eve's situation after their rebellion in Gen 3), and He must intervene to cleanse the violence and wickedness from the earth (hence the flood).

What we end up with (among other important things) is an interesting and profound cultural commentary. The thing that Israel's neighboring communities praised and valued (the peace and order provided through the power of violence and bloodshed by mighty demigod warriors of old) is something they view as the grievous consequence of rebellion against God's good order. That rebellious bloodshed requires a good God to intervene with an act of severe judgement. We should not delight in our pax romana, but mourn over it. Its also important to note, just in a literary sense, that these matching rebellions set up the issues that we see throughout the rest of the bible. There are humans that are in rebellion against God, and there are powers in the heavenly places (to use the apostle Paul's words) that are also in rebellion. They will team up and interact in various ways in the Bible. Once you see it, it's everywhere. Start with Genesis 3:15. Finish up in John's Revelation. It's not a conspiracy; it's the reality of this world that the Bible is asking us to see in our everyday lives!

Last edited by jht; 03/11/24 02:04 PM. Reason: typo
Re: Favorite Bible conspiracies [Re: jht] #8097663
03/11/24 02:29 PM
03/11/24 02:29 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
The Bible is a book about conspiracy of and to our fellow man and to our God. One does not have to spend a lot of time finding the ONE we feel is the true conspiracy. We as humans have manipulation and self promotion deeply embedded in our character traits. Even with our conspiracy against our fellow humans and God, God has forgiven us multiple times and with a savior that gives us a path to salvation inspite of the many divergent trails and roads we have taken.

Bryce

Re: Favorite Bible conspiracies [Re: Wolfdog91] #8097673
03/11/24 02:49 PM
03/11/24 02:49 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
You as usual get stuck on a question you can't prove so you start tossing out verses that have nothing to do with it. No where does it show what you say . And by the way you said the sons of God you quoted from the new testament how does it apply to the old testament?

Re: Favorite Bible conspiracies [Re: Wolfdog91] #8097674
03/11/24 02:50 PM
03/11/24 02:50 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Y'all do know this post isnt here to prove or disprove anything...right ?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread