No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Procedure after using self defense. [Re: Wanna Be] #8091419
03/03/24 10:15 AM
03/03/24 10:15 AM
Mn
N
nightlife Online content
trapper
nightlife  Online Content
trapper
N

Mn
Originally Posted by danny clifton
I thought the consensus was all lawyers are scum?

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
The only words I’m saying are “I was in fear for my life.” They can sort out the rest. I’ve told my wife if there’s ever a break in while we’re home, her ONLY job is to turn off the cameras. I don’t want video evidence for or against what goes on inside my home. Fear for my life will explain all the rounds fired.

Don’t think that will not be brought up against you, if nothing else it will be portrayed as premeditated knowledge that you were about to do something wrong and you didn’t want any video evidence of it, even if your not charged it will be hard to contradict when brought up in the civil case against you by the family of the poor misunderstood person who was trying hard to turn their life around who you unjustly killed

Lots of good advice, at least from those taking the question seriously here’s some more I know that when such posts come up it’s tempting to make funny comments often about what to do with the body ect, just know that even if the DA doesn’t find and use such against you the lawyers for the person you shot will, and there will be a civil case against you no matter what kind of person your victim was, how long or violent they were, and lord help you if they were in one of those protected classes, IE black, gay, trans ect, they can and will dig up comments you posted 10, 20 30 or more years ago just to show the jury what kind of vile POS you are and how your victim who was only trying to feed their family while getting his/her/they/theme life back together and their family deserves everything you own and will ever earn from this point on as compensation for your unwarranted and unjustified act

Just remember anything posted on the internet is forever and can be found even if you later delete it, and if you do delete it well that just shows you knew what you did was wrong and now your trying to clean up and hide the fact you know it was

�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Re: Procedure after using self defense. [Re: Mando] #8091482
03/03/24 11:45 AM
03/03/24 11:45 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Putting another round into someone is not always the right thing.
Couple here several years back divorced and it got ugly. She showed up at his house with a pistol and opened fire on the house. He walked out with a 12 gauge and shot her with a slug practically blowing her arm off. As she lay there obviously no longer a threat he shot her again killing her. He was charged with manslaughter. Prosecutor said he wouldn't have charged him except the second shot wasn't necessary to stop the threat...

Re: Procedure after using self defense. [Re: dixieland] #8091632
03/03/24 03:58 PM
03/03/24 03:58 PM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
Originally Posted by dixieland
Let me guess, he changed his name just like Cat Stevens did to Yusuf Islam, and Lew Alcindor did to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. And some are eating it up.

Soooo...did that go the way you thought it would ? Lol

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Procedure after using self defense. [Re: jbyrd63] #8091638
03/03/24 04:03 PM
03/03/24 04:03 PM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Putting another round into someone is not always the right thing.
Couple here several years back divorced and it got ugly. She showed up at his house with a pistol and opened fire on the house. He walked out with a 12 gauge and shot her with a slug practically blowing her arm off. As she lay there obviously no longer a threat he shot her again killing her. He was charged with manslaughter. Prosecutor said he wouldn't have charged him except the second shot wasn't necessary to stop the threat...

Had a pharmacist in OKC who got time for something similar. Shot a guy during a robbery with a Taurus Judge, chased the other guys out, came back in and grabbed another pistol and finished off the still-alive kid . He got time for it.

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Procedure after using self defense. [Re: Mando] #8091662
03/03/24 04:49 PM
03/03/24 04:49 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Dead perps don’t sue. Dead perps families only know what they see or hear.
Guess a lot all depends where you live as well and if you’re in “good standing” in your community. Take that how you want, but it goes a long ways when an honest citizen vs a known scumbag end up in court or a civil trial.

Re: Procedure after using self defense. [Re: Wanna Be] #8091666
03/03/24 05:01 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Guess a lot all depends where you live as well and if you’re in “good standing” in your community. Take that how you want, but it goes a long ways when an honest citizen vs a known scumbag end up in court or a civil trial.

True, but you still can get into trouble for pumping extra bullets int a perp after the threat has stopped. Also, with all the forensic science out there now they can get a lot from a crime or self defense scene. Why risk spending time in prison when you know the threat is stopped and your or somebody else’s life is no longer in danger.

Last edited by Grandpa Trapper; 03/03/24 05:06 PM.
Re: Procedure after using self defense. [Re: Mando] #8091667
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Here’s the deal, to shoot someone just to shoot someone is murder plain and simple.
No one asked if anyone is shooting anyone for the fun of it, if your life is in danger can you legally defend yourself?
Yes, if you ignored all the cameras, the double locked doors and windows, and the dogs…you didn’t break in because you was hungry. All that mentioned is for their protection, not mine or my families.
There’s not a DA down here that would bring charges or a jury that would convict over something like that. We don’t play victim well and don’t cater to thieves, rapist, or murders. Sometimes folks just need killing. Don’t think so? Look at all the murders, rapes, kidnapping going on right now, think those folks don’t have a rap sheet a mile long? Y’all deal with things the way you want, I’ll take my chances defending my family the way I was taught.

Re: Procedure after using self defense. [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8091670
03/03/24 05:10 PM
03/03/24 05:10 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper

True, but you still can get into trouble for pumping extra bullets int a perp after the threat has stopped. Also, with all the forensic science out there now they can get a lot from a crime or self defense scene. Why risk spending time in prison when you know the threat is stopped and your or somebody else’s life is no longer in danger.

So make your first ones count. More time on the range and use enough gun.

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread