No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
A Seeing God Thread #8091378
03/03/24 09:20 AM
03/03/24 09:20 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Where did you see Him this week?

I was cutting a stump I had no business attempting with the size saw I have. The stump was laying on top of another good size log and was too heavy for me to push off with the cant. I climbed the log beneath and bale an my cut. Cutting half way through I climbed the other side and began making the final cut. I was unable to see and was eljust extending my arms hoping to reach far enough to get through when the saw came free and in an instant the two pieces separated falling to the left and right of me, in the same instant the chain break engaged on the saw and I toppled to the ground.
Some will say I was lucky, some might even suggest that I actually knew what I was doing but in the moment with my heart racing it was obvious to me I was not by myself. Having been struggling to feel that presence for weeks, it was a nice reminder.

You know what I mean, say amen!

-Goofy-
Re: A Seeing God Thread [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8091381
03/03/24 09:25 AM
03/03/24 09:25 AM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

AMEN!

I see God every time I look at a standing tree. We may be able to explain photosynthesis or how water is conducted from the roots to the crown, but go ahead...MAKE a tree. (I'll wait)

Re: A Seeing God Thread [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8091384
03/03/24 09:35 AM
03/03/24 09:35 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Amen!

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: A Seeing God Thread [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8091400
03/03/24 09:50 AM
03/03/24 09:50 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
I woke up at 3 AM .
Had a dream that an old friend and I were picking up some old traping equipment, it was drizzling and getting dark.
We were a mile from the truck and our only light was a cellphone that was almost dead. To make it worse we dad just crossed a fresh grizzly track and the direction it was headed was down wind of us. There was a creak bottom maybe a 1/4 mile from is that we could probably get a fire going. But there was a cliff with about a 50 ft drop with a slippery slope to the bottom. So we had to choise to make. Do we attempt to make it back to the truck? Do we try and find the trail to the creak bottom?
Or do we swallow our pride and call 911 with GPS location and wait.
This is when I woke up.
This is how God shows him selt to me quite often.
Very Humbling.

Re: A Seeing God Thread [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8091401
03/03/24 09:51 AM
03/03/24 09:51 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

On Wednesday nights, we are studying Romans. We discussed three verses that evening Romans 9:19-21. Then yesterday I saw a post in the 5 minutes with Jesus thread that featured this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-suvkwNYSQo, which gave a great example of what Paul was teaching about.

Re: A Seeing God Thread [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8091414
03/03/24 10:07 AM
03/03/24 10:07 AM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa
When I was in the Hospital in Morgantown I had Emergency Open Heart Surgery. During the surgery I had a stroke. then another just after. During that time I experienced a very warm comforting peaceful feeling and a calming glow. I kept trying to go into it but could not. A voice kept telling me not yet. 30plus days later I woke in my Hospital bed with my wife and friends around me. Never met God or Jesus but know there is a Heaven.

God please keep they 19 fallen UBB miners out of trouble up there.
Re: A Seeing God Thread [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8091415
03/03/24 10:08 AM
03/03/24 10:08 AM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
Almost church time for us. I need it. Whats more...I OWE it.

Last edited by west river rogue; 03/03/24 10:10 AM.
Re: A Seeing God Thread [Re: randall brannon] #8091422
03/03/24 10:21 AM
03/03/24 10:21 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by randall brannon
When I was in the Hospital in Morgantown I had Emergency Open Heart Surgery. During the surgery I had a stroke. then another just after. During that time I experienced a very warm comforting peaceful feeling and a calming glow. I kept trying to go into it but could not. A voice kept telling me not yet. 30plus days later I woke in my Hospital bed with my wife and friends around me. Never met God or Jesus but know there is a Heaven.

Great testimony.

Re: A Seeing God Thread [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8091428
03/03/24 10:27 AM
SE NEBRASKA
NebrCatMan Offline
trapper
NebrCatMan  Offline
trapper

SE NEBRASKA
God is everywhere... I see him in just about everything. This mornings sunrise... last nites sunset... the stars and nite sky when I got home from a gathering of hunters last nite.. The laughter and joyful playing of children ( or tantrums) without a care in the world. The joy mankind feels and the despair and sadness that comes all to often ( I know that well) . God is there.... for us to follow without really knowing his plan... other than a Command given ! And a reward someday of eternal peace !! Amen !!

Remember "Forbidden Fruit makes many Jams"
Re: A Seeing God Thread [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8091430
W NY
Turtledale Online content
trapper
Turtledale  Online Content
trapper

W NY
I see Him in all my outdoor pursuits trees, birds, insects, dirt, planets, people.....and In the water especially. Something instills calm in me with water. I believe it's the hand of God

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: A Seeing God Thread [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8091440
03/03/24 10:35 AM
03/03/24 10:35 AM
So. IL
pintail_drake04 Offline
trapper
pintail_drake04  Offline
trapper

So. IL
May 29, 2007, at 9am I was roofing a pole barn. I was literally setting up the safety lines, took a wrong step and fell 25' to the ground. I had nearly 3000sqft of concrete to hit, but I landed on a pallet of fan fold insulation. Literally a 4x4 square pallet of insulation was just delivered less than 5 minutes before and placed inside a 3000sqft area. On the way down I hit my head on a rafter, putting a nail in my right eye & messed up my back pretty good when I hit. But I was alive. All I remember from falling was the prettiest blue sky I had ever seen. I KNOW my Lord saved me that day.

Re: A Seeing God Thread [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8091466
03/03/24 11:11 AM
03/03/24 11:11 AM
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

BEAUTIFUL story, pintail!

Re: A Seeing God Thread [Re: white marlin] #8091492
03/03/24 11:58 AM
03/03/24 11:58 AM
Missouri
B
Broomchaser Offline
trapper
Broomchaser  Offline
trapper
B

Missouri
Originally Posted by white marlin
AMEN!

I see God every time I look at a standing tree. We may be able to explain photosynthesis or how water is conducted from the roots to the crown, but go ahead...MAKE a tree. (I'll wait)

From nothing. No seed, water,dirt, sunshine.......

Get the US out of the UN and the UN out of the US.
Re: A Seeing God Thread [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8091547
03/03/24 01:21 PM
03/03/24 01:21 PM
East Texas
S
SLEDD Offline
trapper
SLEDD  Offline
trapper
S

East Texas
September 1992 bow hunting elk in Idaho on the Montana border. Morning temp about 90 degrees. We left a vehicle at an old mine in the bottom of a drainage and drove to the top to hunt down. The map showed a trail at the bottom leading back to our vehicle. Approaching dark we were several miles from the bottom. The sky suddenly clouded and it started to rain. We had failed to carry rain gear and were dressed in cotton. Soon we were soaked to the skin and it started to snow. Quickly that turned to a blizzard. It was almost dark and about 4 inches of snow covered the ground when we arrived at the bottom. The trail on the map didn't exist. GPS didn't exist. We tried several canyons but no vehicle or road. Almost panicking we stopped and asked God for help. Proceeding about 100yds up a canyon through the forest we came upon a canvas wall tent. Inside was a wood stove, cots, and a lantern. Outside was a huge pile of dry firewood. We survived the night. God is real. He hears and answers our prayers.

Anything the governments gives you they must first take away from someone else.
Re: A Seeing God Thread [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8091595
03/03/24 02:43 PM
03/03/24 02:43 PM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Online content
trapper
Vinke  Online Content
trapper

NWWA/AZ
Driving in the Phoenix metro area

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale,,,,,,May special,,, Act Now... Free Sock with every purchase
Re: A Seeing God Thread [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8091609
03/03/24 03:14 PM
03/03/24 03:14 PM
tn
L
lestan101 Offline
trapper
lestan101  Offline
trapper
L

tn
I was serving with the 101st Airborne Division in Desert Storm, we were overwatching a bridge that I had a mission to perform an abutment destruction on. I was the sapper squad leader. The helicopters that were to drop our demolitions were socked in from wind and rain storm, so our demolition mission became a static ambush until we got our demo. This was on highway 8 on the Euphrates river between Basra and Baghdad.
I finally got a chance to rest, we had been up a few days. I fell asleep and began to dream, I could see my parents on thier knees in thier living roomn praying for me like I was hovering above them. I could hear them praying hard. I then dreamed I was laying on the ground and I was unable to move. I could still sense my parents praying on thier knees. I was able to see my feet, they were bare, but I was in full uniform. There was a bright ray of light that appeared just beyond my left foot. I knew I needed to reach that light. I still feeling like I couldn't
move. I was using all my strength and concentrating on getting my foot to respond when my toe entered the light. When my toe entered the light intense warmth and a brilliant light engulfed me. I was suddenly jerked awake sitting up drenched in sweat despite the cold in the poncho was I wrapped up in for shelter. I was trying to gather my thoughts and make sense of what just happened. I was still confused and shook when I went back on ambush/overwatch. I finally came to the conclusion I was gonna be alright through this ordeal. The helicopters finally dropped our demo and the abutment destruction was a success. Through the years I've ran this through my mind many times. It's still as vivid to me as it was that night laying cold and wet along that bridge. My faith has continued to grow the older I get. The lord has continued to bless me in many ways through the years and like the song says
" has brought me through many dangers toils and snares". I still don't feel deserving of his care but I try. To the OP's original question, no I haven't seen GOD but have felt his mighty presense, I know he is real !! I have only spoke of this a few times I can't believe I just shared it here. I think GOD meant me to testify to his greatness today. Reading these posts posts today has eased my soul. Thank you all.

Re: A Seeing God Thread [Re: Vinke] #8091631
03/03/24 03:54 PM
03/03/24 03:54 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by Vinke
Driving in the Phoenix metro area

Virginia roads are not much better.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: A Seeing God Thread [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8091831
03/03/24 09:29 PM
03/03/24 09:29 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
I see God whenever I see a murmuration of 10s of thousands of starlings, or just whenever they are in a group of 500 flying as a group from one spot to another to feed in different areas of a mowed field. Which one of them is in charge?

Re: A Seeing God Thread [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8092075
03/04/24 09:51 AM
03/04/24 09:51 AM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
I have seen God when my first daughter was born and she emerged from the womb. I have seen God when I watched my son be brought forth. I have seen God when I was ejected out of a truck bed and the young man next to me was killed and I watched him breathe his last breaths on Earth. I have seen God when the seasons change and new life springs forth after winter. I have seen and felt God when I finally surrendered to His Lordship and I repented and turned my life over to Him. I have seen God when He has physically healed those I have prayed for. I have seen God when His Spirit has been poured out and I watched the meth addict become clean and delivered from addiction. I have seen God when He allows me to speak life and love into men and they receive salvation from Him. I have seen God when He aligns brothers to receive salvation from states away, months apart, out of thousands of men. I have seen God when I was allowed to pray over a man and watch him understand the forgiveness of Christ and be born again and then to learn from his wife later he was living the last months of his life in his new freedom in Christ Jesus - and I was allowed to pray and lead him by just yielding. I have seen God when a young couple had lost a child and over 12 years later put a man right in front of this man who was going through the exact same situation and hope was given to the couple who had lost a child as they knew God had allowed them to go through their situation so they could speak life and hope to another couple. I have seen God when my truck hit ice and was spinning donuts and all I could mutter was JESUS and my truck instantly aligned and travelled straight down the road. I have seen God, felt God, and know God is with me in all things and the more I yield to Him the more I see Him.

Re: A Seeing God Thread [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8092218
03/04/24 12:11 PM
03/04/24 12:11 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
My brother and I were close, but I hadn't talked to him in nearly a month. One night I had a dream about him that woke me up. I looked at the clock. It was a little after 2:00AM. We got a call from my brother's wife early the next morning that he had died in his sleep. She said he was restless and kept her awake. About 2:00AM he stopped moving. When she tried to wake him she realized he had passed away.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread