No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Ruger American GenII #8086361
02/25/24 11:05 PM
02/25/24 11:05 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline OP
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline OP
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Anyone got one yet? I’m impatiently waiting for mine from a local dealer. He has the odd calibers, but I’m wanting the .308.
Just curious if anyone has one yet and thoughts. Mine will become my primary thermal rifle with the Predator as the back up.

Re: Ruger American GenII [Re: Wanna Be] #8086383
02/25/24 11:23 PM
02/25/24 11:23 PM
Webster County W.V
matt Offline
trapper
matt  Offline
trapper

Webster County W.V
Buddy has one in a .204. Nice little rifle, shoots well. Really like the looks of them. Only thing I didn’t really like it the clip. Made wel enough, but stick way out of the gun. Not sure if all are like that or just the small calibers.

Live each day as if it were your last. We know not at which hour it will come. Life is too short.Tell your loved ones each day how much you love them
Re: Ruger American GenII [Re: Wanna Be] #8086387
02/25/24 11:37 PM
02/25/24 11:37 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
don't have one , but had one in my hands at the shop friday night

I LIKE it like that safety 3 position locks bolt when safety is on, like the stock , aics mags , fluted barrel threaded with factory brake.
cheek riser and length of pull built into the stock

about the only think keeping it from following me home right now is my gun funds running low with the ammo I I have been buying.

Also why does Ruger always make the gun I wanted and compromised on 3-5 years earlier.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Ruger American GenII [Re: matt] #8086389
02/25/24 11:42 PM
02/25/24 11:42 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by matt
Buddy has one in a .204. Nice little rifle, shoots well. Really like the looks of them. Only thing I didn’t really like it the clip. Made wel enough, but stick way out of the gun. Not sure if all are like that or just the small calibers.

that is an AICS pattern mag , they stick out farther but it lets you have all sorts of mag options and they feed very well

the 204 and other 223/5.56 length cartridges are AR mag for even more mag inter-change-ability.

AICS are basically the standard in PRS rifles now

people like having better mag availability.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 02/25/24 11:44 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread