No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Dot Drill Shooting Practice #8086241
02/25/24 08:52 PM
02/25/24 08:52 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
One of my favorite things to do once I get a load worked up. Really helps a guy understand if your doing everything right and is pretty helpful when it comes to ARs since you really have to be in you P's and Q's to get them to shoot right unlike most bolt guns lol. But yeah. Some 3/4" dots at your zero range . Set up how you would in the field 3-10 shots per dot. No adjustments in between per page. If everything is right you should have a repeating trend..or in my case get shown you need more work laugh Also good for checking functional stuff and seeing what various grips bipod loadings and shoulder pressures do.

[Linked Image]

O and side note 25gr Vmax makes .... interesting work on a crows head at 300yd , similar to a balloon blush

[Linked Image]

Re: Dot Drill Shooting Practice [Re: Wolfdog91] #8086298
02/25/24 09:46 PM
02/25/24 09:46 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
trigger knee up get off your diaphragm

and are you shooting at the bottom of the breath or trying to hold it ?

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Dot Drill Shooting Practice [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8086774
02/26/24 04:10 PM
02/26/24 04:10 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

The bottom,fell exhale ,find I'm a bit less twitchy like that lol

Re: Dot Drill Shooting Practice [Re: Wolfdog91] #8086793
02/26/24 04:55 PM
02/26/24 04:55 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

The bottom,fell exhale ,find I'm a bit less twitchy like that lol

yup empty is empty , holding in-between changes

the ultimate test is carding the sights

5 rounds , you get your NPOA , the RO or partner then blocks your optic with a clip board , card board , anything you can't see through without touching your gun from this moment they are your eyes on target if for any reason you are not to shoot they call it , like a cow wanders in front of the target say.
you fire the 5 rounds shooting off the reset, returning to the same empty exhale each time now you see what the group/target looks like it can tell you what your body is doing find things your eyes were hiding.

I have never done this with a bipod and bag always just a sling prone but it can be very telling in that context.

try it with the 22lr first and get good at it

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 02/26/24 05:06 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread