No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Wolf sighting #8086147
02/25/24 07:10 PM
02/25/24 07:10 PM
East Central Mn.
U
uplandpointer Offline OP
trapper
uplandpointer  Offline OP
trapper
U

East Central Mn.
Yesterday morning I was just east of Mora Mn. on hwy 23. When a very nice Wolf crossed the road in front of me. (there are wolves in this area but very few.) I was close enough to it to be able to see that it was helping someone's fur baby cross the road in its mouth.

Re: Wolf sighting [Re: uplandpointer] #8086162
02/25/24 07:25 PM
02/25/24 07:25 PM
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Mn
Originally Posted by uplandpointer
Yesterday morning I was just east of Mora Mn. on hwy 23. When a very nice Wolf crossed the road in front of me. (there are wolves in this area but very few.) I was close enough to it to be able to see that it was helping someone's fur baby cross the road in its mouth.

More than then you might expect, I have seen more then one in the Mora area, yes not common but not uncommon either, and there seem to be more each year, several years ago I talked to a game warden and was informed that Kanebec county had the largest wolf pack in the state by their research, don’t know the truth of that or not but it’s what I was told

In the 3 years back when we had a season on wolves I managed to draw a tag all 3 years and tagged 2, both caught in the Mora area, one near Brook Park and the other just off 65 about a mile north of 27

�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Re: Wolf sighting [Re: nightlife] #8086170
02/25/24 07:38 PM
02/25/24 07:38 PM
East Central Mn.
U
uplandpointer Offline OP
trapper
uplandpointer  Offline OP
trapper
U

East Central Mn.
Originally Posted by nightlife
Originally Posted by uplandpointer

More than then you might expect, I have seen more then one in the Mora area, yes not common but not uncommon either, and there seem to be more each year, several years ago I talked to a game warden and was informed that Kanebec county had the largest wolf pack in the state by their research, don’t know the truth of that or not but it’s what I was told

In the 3 years back when we had a season on wolves I managed to draw a tag all 3 years and tagged 2, both caught in the Mora area, one near Brook Park and the other just off 65 about a mile north of 27

I know that area (north of 27) very well. I bird hunt that area to the East a lot. Saw a pack of seven cross the forest road in front of me one morning about 6 or 8 years ago.

Re: Wolf sighting [Re: uplandpointer] #8086208
02/25/24 08:13 PM
02/25/24 08:13 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Log your wolf sightings here: https://wolf.report/news

Previous Thread
Index