Fur Handling Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

>
Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Fur Handling Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Fur handling help needed NC #8082601
02/21/24 04:24 AM
02/21/24 04:24 AM
NC
G
GreyBeard Offline OP
trapper
GreyBeard  Offline OP
trapper
G

NC
Hello all,
I need a hand. My youngest daughter wanted to learn how to trap after seeing some of my old trapline pictures, so I broke out some steel and we ran a short line for a couple of weeks this winter.
We have a few green hides that I need to have fleshed / boarded. I have always done this myself but due to a bad back I cant hover over a fleshing beam more than a minute or so without nearly passing out from pain. I am located south of Raleigh but don't mind travelling or paying a fair price for good work.

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

We ended up with some really nice coon and cats and a blanket beaver. I'd like to get these tanned and have something made for her for Christmas eventually. Any ideas on best place for that? Ive been out of the game a while.

Re: Fur handling help needed NC [Re: GreyBeard] #8083832
02/22/24 07:50 PM
02/22/24 07:50 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Give her the fleshing knife, and sit there and coach. My 13 yr old did a coon awhile back as I was skinning a bobcat. He woulda done a good job, except I didn't pay enough attention. So, watch and coach.

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: Fur handling help needed NC [Re: GreyBeard] #8084566
02/23/24 06:18 PM
02/23/24 06:18 PM
North East Utah
That.darn.coon Offline
trapper
That.darn.coon  Offline
trapper

North East Utah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSOu7ezdflM

Maybe try doing this.^^^^^^^^ Doesn't look very fun or clean but you might be able to get a few done.

******* I save my sick days, because come winter, I'm gonna have a bad case of trappin fever *******
Re: Fur handling help needed NC [Re: GreyBeard] #8098762
03/13/24 10:13 AM
03/13/24 10:13 AM
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Offline
trapper
Scott__aR  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
I was at Coyote Days a few years back and hydro fleshing was demonstrated. Really slick and fast way of fleshing, but you need an area cause it gets wet and messy with water and fat flying all over the place.

My thoughts were if you could do it inside a cabinet/booth like sand blasting, that would be the way to go.

Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread