No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Need some Hog hunting info #8079875
02/17/24 04:26 PM
02/17/24 04:26 PM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline OP
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline OP
trapper
B

SW Pa
There is a local man that contacted me for some help to improve his trapping skill. He is full of ambition and wanting to learn all he can. His age is 60.

I have spent some time with him in the field the last few months and we visited in our facility many times, he is hungry for information.

Just a few days ago he was inquiring if I knew anyone in Georgia or Louisianna that could put them on some hogs for some hunting. He has hunted Florida in years past for hogs. He doesn't get much time off due to his job on the farm.

He ramrods a local sheep farm for a widowed woman age 97. He is a good hunter, contractor by trade and a good all-around outdoorsman from what I have seen.

If any of you can give me some leads or contacts I would appreciate the assistance.

Re: Need some Hog hunting info [Re: Bob Jameson] #8079981
02/17/24 07:03 PM
02/17/24 07:03 PM
E central Il
G
Golf ball Offline
trapper
Golf ball  Offline
trapper
G

E central Il
I know someone in Florida Bob , but can’t help with Georgia or Louisiana. If you don’t find someone send me a pm and I will check with my buddy he may know someone.

Re: Need some Hog hunting info [Re: Bob Jameson] #8080009
02/17/24 07:33 PM
02/17/24 07:33 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Bob Jameson
There is a local man that contacted me for some help to improve his trapping skill. He is full of ambition and wanting to learn all he can. His age is 60.

I have spent some time with him in the field the last few months and we visited in our facility many times, he is hungry for information.

Just a few days ago he was inquiring if I knew anyone in Georgia or Louisianna that could put them on some hogs for some hunting. He has hunted Florida in years past for hogs. He doesn't get much time off due to his job on the farm.

He ramrods a local sheep farm for a widowed woman age 97. He is a good hunter, contractor by trade and a good all-around outdoorsman from what I have seen.

If any of you can give me some leads or contacts I would appreciate the assistance.

Rod Pinkston of Jagerpro in Columbus can point you in the right direction.

[Linked Image]
Re: Need some Hog hunting info [Re: Bob Jameson] #8080011
02/17/24 07:39 PM
02/17/24 07:39 PM
Georgia
sportsman94 Offline
trapper
sportsman94  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Bob, do you know if he’s got a specific type of hunt in mind? I’ve got a contact for hunting with dogs, hunting with thermals, and could probably help him out myself if he wants to shoot some over bait. If he wants to just stalk through the woods in likely places there’s plenty of opportunity too, but it doesn’t sound conducive for someone short on time if they want quick success

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread