ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Contracts #8079732
02/17/24 12:43 PM
02/17/24 12:43 PM
WI
G
Gurdy Offline OP
trapper
Gurdy  Offline OP
trapper
G

WI
Been thinking about doing some nuisance trapping this year for the first time. I don't have an LLC or anything. Looking for advice on writing up an agreement. In WI, from what I read, all i need is written permission from the land owner to operate as an "Agent" of the land owner. This includes both our names and contact information. I'm looking to so if someone has a sample contract that I could get some ideas from? I don't want to hire a lawyer for this 30 min job. I'm also on the fence about charging per animal, or per hour? Any insight on that would also be much appreciated. Looking to do squirrel, beaver, coon, and coyote, for now.

Thank you.

Re: Contracts [Re: Gurdy] #8080032
02/17/24 08:00 PM
02/17/24 08:00 PM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
I’m sure you’ll find a lot of information on contracts with the search feature.

Since state laws are all very different, I recommend contacting a lawyer to review your contract. They will recommend additions to protect you from things you wouldn’t dream people would try.

Re: Contracts [Re: EatenByLimestone] #8080097
02/17/24 09:54 PM
02/17/24 09:54 PM
WI
G
Gurdy Offline OP
trapper
Gurdy  Offline OP
trapper
G

WI
First thing I did was search. Found nothing helpful, so I decided to pose these questions. Just looking for friendly advice.

Re: Contracts [Re: Gurdy] #8080106
02/17/24 10:07 PM
02/17/24 10:07 PM
OR
W
wws Offline
trapper
wws  Offline
trapper
W

OR
How fast are you looking to go broke? That will depend on how you charge.

wws

Re: Contracts [Re: Gurdy] #8080347
02/18/24 09:44 AM
02/18/24 09:44 AM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
We don’t charge per hour, although how long we think the job will take certainly does play into the cost. If you do want to charge per hour, looking at the per hour rate of other trades in the area will probably get you close to what it costs to run a business. If the plumbers and electricians charge $150/hr, go with that.

Do you have any competition in your area? They’ve already worked out what the market will bear as far as costs go.

Remember you need to get compensated for each trip you make: sales call/initial, trap checks, pick ups, and pulling traps at the end. Animals won’t play to your schedule. You’ll find out that an animal is caught at 6pm on a Friday and need to go pick it up if it’s a live trap.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread