No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: WI 2024 Spring hearing resolution [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8077091
02/14/24 06:57 PM
02/14/24 06:57 PM
Green Bay, Wisconsin
tlguy Offline
trapper
tlguy  Offline
trapper

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Voltron, a verbal agreement would be entirely unenforceable. How hard is it to get a signature?

Re: WI 2024 Spring hearing resolution [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8077478
02/15/24 01:20 AM
02/15/24 01:20 AM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

I hunt part of Door county in the fall where yes Deer are seen as a definite annoyance and we shoot nearly every one we see during gun season. we have all the tags we could possibly fill and more , access is the issue , the same people that will gripe about deer eating everything all year , say no hunting them on their property.
so we shoot as many as we can but just for too much sanctuary they keep deer numbers higher than they would like.

You just described where I live, mostly private with some public.

Re: WI 2024 Spring hearing resolution [Re: tlguy] #8077651
02/15/24 08:28 AM
02/15/24 08:28 AM
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

east central WI
Originally Posted by tlguy
Voltron, a verbal agreement would be entirely unenforceable. How hard is it to get a signature?

Lots of old-timers (and younger ones) around here don't like signing things. That smacks of lawyers and government involvement. We'd rather trust old school handshakes.

The only result from more and more rules is more and more violations. Willful or otherwise. But perhaps that is what the gov wants.

For you guys complaining about deer numbers, how many are you shooting or having shot off your properties? Hunters can't do a darned thing about deer they can't legally get to. I'd love to shoot 3 or 4 a year, but with most all properties "trophy" only or sanctuary, that doesn't leave much.

Re: WI 2024 Spring hearing resolution [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8077696
02/15/24 09:19 AM
02/15/24 09:19 AM
Wisconsin
V
Voltron Offline
trapper
Voltron  Offline
trapper
V

Wisconsin
Oral contracts are enforceable in Wisconsin if they include explicit and definite terms, all the elements of contract formation, and can be performed within one year. If the contract is for longer than one year, it must be in writing. That was just a quick google search. It's as simple as "can you help me with my problem?" and "yea, I can do that". All anyone would have to do is verify that both parties agreed to the services being done. It's just that the DNR wants a paper trail. It's not hard getting a signature, and I would if I were trapping for someone that I didn't know, but when the neighbor calls me when he's calving in the spring saying he's having coyote issues, or there's coon getting into his feed, I would think a verbal contract would be good enough. Get in and get the job done.

Re: WI 2024 Spring hearing resolution [Re: Voltron] #8077794
02/15/24 10:24 AM
02/15/24 10:24 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Voltron
Oral contracts are enforceable in Wisconsin if they include explicit and definite terms, all the elements of contract formation, and can be performed within one year. If the contract is for longer than one year, it must be in writing. That was just a quick google search. It's as simple as "can you help me with my problem?" and "yea, I can do that". All anyone would have to do is verify that both parties agreed to the services being done. It's just that the DNR wants a paper trail. It's not hard getting a signature, and I would if I were trapping for someone that I didn't know, but when the neighbor calls me when he's calving in the spring saying he's having coyote issues, or there's coon getting into his feed, I would think a verbal contract would be good enough. Get in and get the job done.

that is why when I go out to the farm later to set for the current skunk issue , I am taking a copy of that circling everything dating in till 1/1/2026 have him sign it and calling it good then I have my paper if the DNR should stop.

with less than one warden per county they want the 30 second answer not a call this person or that person to verify.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: WI 2024 Spring hearing resolution [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8078089
02/15/24 05:30 PM
02/15/24 05:30 PM
chippwewa falls WI
chippewatrapper Offline
trapper
chippewatrapper  Offline
trapper

chippwewa falls WI
I agree with you on the extending the season till March 31st, but it seems like having a year round season for coon on all lands (public and private) might only encourage people to shoot coons and let them rot that could have been taken (and used) by us trappers. I've noticed several people like that by me with coyotes on public land.

WTA
NTA
Chippewa rod and gun
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread