No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Water balls smiling dad #8070551
02/06/24 05:38 PM
02/06/24 05:38 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
When my daughter was taking flying lessons my wife and boys had to find something to do. One thing was walk some walking paths that are along a creek and golf course. The boys loved collecting the golf balls they would find. They sent them all over the farm with clubs one of the boys picked up at a yard sale.

Well I'm off work the rest of the week with my back and shoulder and can't do much not even comfortable driving but the doc said to keep moving but don't over do it. So today was the day to go back and take them to look for balls and eat at ww cousins place has some great burgers and make their own buns.

So we found some balls around 350 or so. Had a good walk and lunch.

But this dad sure was smiling every time my 13 year old said look coon tracks, there is a beavers stick, there is where a beaver cut some tree down ,o beaver tracks, yes obviously stuff but I lit up with a big smile when he said there is outer poo it's got fish scales in it. He was also talking about getting the Mallards with a sling shot. Told him he better use steel bearings get his duck stamps and be sure it in season lol. [Linked Image]

Re: Water balls smiling dad [Re: Providence Farm] #8070566
02/06/24 06:08 PM
02/06/24 06:08 PM
Iowa
C
CTRAPS Offline
trapper
CTRAPS  Offline
trapper
C

Iowa
It's kinda nice hanging out with the family isn't it. Now, maybe you will see and understand what you've been missing out by working all the time. They already know what they have been missing out by you working all the time.

Glad to hear you are taking things a little easier for the time being anyway. Keep up the good work!

Life Member: ITA, IBA & NRA. Member of SA, FTA & NTA
Re: Water balls smiling dad [Re: Providence Farm] #8070587
02/06/24 06:44 PM
02/06/24 06:44 PM
illinois
J
jalstat Offline
trapper
jalstat  Offline
trapper
J

illinois
Nice

Re: Water balls smiling dad [Re: Providence Farm] #8070590
02/06/24 06:49 PM
02/06/24 06:49 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Yes it's nice, I'm actually off tell the rest of this week and Friday starts my 7 days off. I hope my body gets back to normal. My plan was to get 87.5 hrs in 7 days this week and to have worked one or two of my days off last week and take ,4 of my 7 off off. . the eolan was to work w ton of it tell may when planting and bee season kicks off . Hit a little it in the summer during the Darth and hot when nothing is growing much then lay off the of end of September to Thanksgiving work the Hollidays and pick the it buck up tell April or May next year. But plans change when your body gives you now choice.

The idea was to get big ticket things done, build savings, and be debt free. Honestly I'm close enough and I'm going to take an easy enjoy the time with family and hopefully heal up. Think it is time to go remake some coyote sets with my 23 year kid. He has been talking about it for. Days but I don't think he wants to do it alone. So I will go with him maybe do some ahead hunting and change batterys in a trail cam

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread