No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Hiring your young kids for your business advantag [Re: bblwi] #8064046
01/29/24 11:51 PM
01/29/24 11:51 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by bblwi
If you don't believe SS and Medicare will not be there in 22 years when you are eligible then you will want to have a huge stash of assets to cover medical expenses etc. and so will your children.
People have complained and questioned SS for 80 years and it is still here and will be for some time. I know many dislike social programs but our SS system is probably the most successful social system created in the world.

As much as some politicians rail against it when push comes to shove they blow hot air.
If you were using the $15 per hour as a cost you could cut that down to the level where paying SS, Medicare and a ROTH would not cost you any more then the $15 per hour or whatever wage you choose. All of those would be tax deductable for your business. One way to get a tax break on a ROTH that is not a tax saving investment initially. Also when you pay wages to minors or children they can buy their own bikes, clothes etc. and they are purchased with wages that have already lowered taxes.

Bryce

They are talking about raising the age for SS again they have dipped into it to many times and pay out to people that never paid in. If it's there great but planning on it is being quiet optimistic in my opinion. And why planning ahead for my kids will hopefully put them in a place they won't need it. I sure would rather have what I paid in over the years in a Roth. It would be there and I could pass it on to my kids and I would get a mich better return. But instead I'm paying for others many that didn't produce a thing. Great redistribution of funds.

Sure it great for mom since she got cancer and can't work and many others in her boat. And why I'm ok with what I pay now looking at it like I'm just paying what's going to mom. That way I feel like I'm getting some benefits out of the money stolen out of my check. If I do retire at , 57 I won't have insurance at all unless I pick up a high deductible plan. Hopefully I will be in good health but there is no guarantee I will even live out the week. I do know nothing goes like I plan so plan for that .lol. I could always get rich fur trapping if I quit my job.
Seriously though as will probably be there but in a much reduced form than it is today and near useless. Add in I may have to be 80 to draw it I'm not planning on it but if it's there it's a bonus.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 01/29/24 11:54 PM.
Re: Hiring your young kids for your business advantag [Re: Providence Farm] #8064104
01/30/24 01:32 AM
01/30/24 01:32 AM
Wisconsin
B
Bear Tracker Offline
trapper
Bear Tracker  Offline
trapper
B

Wisconsin
Would have never been an issue documenting hours in our family.. Also if numbers are kept small enough or reasonable your not getting audited even today.

Re: Hiring your young kids for your business advantag [Re: Providence Farm] #8064129
01/30/24 03:03 AM
01/30/24 03:03 AM
Oregon
R
RockCrick Offline
trapper
RockCrick  Offline
trapper
R

Oregon
I’ve seen stories online where people use their infants in an advertisement for their business, pay them and start the roth contributions when they are a month old. Not sure if it’s just bogus internet info though, probably is.

Re: Hiring your young kids for your business advantag [Re: RockCrick] #8064240
01/30/24 09:47 AM
01/30/24 09:47 AM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by RockCrick
I’ve seen stories online where people use their infants in an advertisement for their business, pay them and start the roth contributions when they are a month old. Not sure if it’s just bogus internet info though, probably is.

I bet it's true. Child actors get paid so why not.

Re: Hiring your young kids for your business advantag [Re: Providence Farm] #8064297
01/30/24 11:25 AM
01/30/24 11:25 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Unless I had a huge project going on, I always liked the idea of my boy and foster sons working for others. To me, it would help them to understand the expectations of an employer and be a life lesson. They already knew my expectations because I have a broad foot and a narrow mind. Everything I did back then was ag exempt.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Hiring your young kids for your business advantag [Re: Providence Farm] #8064680
01/30/24 09:30 PM
01/30/24 09:30 PM
North central Iowa
B
Bob_Iowa Offline
trapper
Bob_Iowa  Offline
trapper
B

North central Iowa
Another thing to look at is the college stuff and what they’re making I’m not up to date on that but it’s a question to ask the accountant.

Re: Hiring your young kids for your business advantag [Re: Leftlane] #8064707
01/30/24 09:58 PM
01/30/24 09:58 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Leftlane
Unless I had a huge project going on, I always liked the idea of my boy and foster sons working for others. To me, it would help them to understand the expectations of an employer and be a life lesson. They already knew my expectations because I have a broad foot and a narrow mind. Everything I did back then was ag exempt.

They have a yard job this summer, they are to young yet to get an actual pay check job so odd jobs and chores it is. I am not home enough to take them around to do anything on a regular base.

Guess they could offer traping service during the session. Get them acd minded. Probably as good at trapping and most with a hand full of years at it .

Apparently I can't open a Roth for them with my Edward Jones guy because they won't open a custodial Roth for less than 5 k. They worked enough to do that but I didn't claim I paid them as much as they worked so since they didn't earn 5 k they don't have the opportunity to open an account there for the amount they earned.
I called vanguard lady said no minimum. I was driving and didn't have all the info I needed to open accounts so have not yet. What to check with fedility as well since I have one of my 401s there . That rubbed me the wrong way . I understand having minimums to open accounts but for a kids retirement account that will grow and bee there 40 years not so much. I believe my accounts there will not be getting any more monthly auto deposit, or a 401 roll over I was looking into. Don't think I will close the accounts completely since what's there are front load mutual funds and selling them to pay fees somewhere else doesn't make since but that fund limit will cost them all my future investments.

Re: Hiring your young kids for your business advantag [Re: Providence Farm] #8064722
01/30/24 10:10 PM
01/30/24 10:10 PM
New Mexico
C
ChadDaniel Offline
trapper
ChadDaniel  Offline
trapper
C

New Mexico
I do it every year!!!

May God bless you and yours