No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Whole Home Generator [Re: Pete in Frbks] #8055163
01/20/24 11:30 AM
01/20/24 11:30 AM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by Pete in Frbks
I've had a propane powered Briggs & Stratton 10kw for several years with no problems experienced. We lose power a LOT!

Pete

What all can you run with the 10k Pete, whole house or pick and choose? I’m debating between 10k or 13k.

Re: Whole Home Generator [Re: Zim] #8055251
01/20/24 01:29 PM
01/20/24 01:29 PM
Beaman Iowa 55
M
Mike Cope Offline
trapper
Mike Cope  Offline
trapper
M

Beaman Iowa 55
Mom has a Generac.

Has failed three times and the local service company has been lets say challenging to deal with, One time was oil fill cap blew off after running for several hours. Service call was quick it was during a major outage in the area.

The next It failed to shut down after use, Which we don't know how long it ran; It is quiet and the load change is quick. It was a blown fuse that they replaced and it continued to blow fuses every test cycle and was an obvious chore for the Dealer who she bought it from to repair as it took three months for them to get it repaired.
Final outcome was tighten a connection point. (basic electrical troubleshooting to the rescue)

The latest was a tripped breaker in the unit that caused it to not shut down after test cycle, No one is sure how many hours it ran. They walked her through a manual shutdown and asked for codes and breaker positions. She was then put off and scheduled weeks out, She basically threatened to call her Lawyer and they got her taken care of the next afternoon.

All of these were suppose to be warranty repairs but it seemed that she always had to pay up for one reason or another. One reason given was that Holidays (I believe that after hours also)were excluded from her warranty.

The sales/service from the dealer she purchased from leaves a lot to be desired.
The unit I understand some failures are going to happen, Hers has had more problems than the one my uncle had installed the same day.

I will not go with generac when I purchase mine.

Re: Whole Home Generator [Re: Zim] #8055306
01/20/24 03:03 PM
01/20/24 03:03 PM
midland, michigan
M
midlander Offline
trapper
midlander  Offline
trapper
M

midland, michigan

Around these parts, more Generacs due to dealers. Cummins are worth a look.... very quiet with great cold weather kits which are a necessity in my mind. [/quote]

What does a cold weather kit include? I’ve never heard of that for small engines, interesting. [/quote]

For Cummins units it is a battery heating pad and an engine oil heater....

Re: Whole Home Generator [Re: Zim] #8055314
01/20/24 03:11 PM
01/20/24 03:11 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
Seems like everyone here has the Generac brand. Can't recall any complaint.

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: Whole Home Generator [Re: Trapset] #8055670
01/20/24 08:37 PM
01/20/24 08:37 PM
NW WI
schweg2 Offline
trapper
schweg2  Offline
trapper

NW WI
Originally Posted by Trapset
Originally Posted by Pete in Frbks
I've had a propane powered Briggs & Stratton 10kw for several years with no problems experienced. We lose power a LOT!

Pete

What all can you run with the 10k Pete, whole house or pick and choose? I’m debating between 10k or 13k.

I have a Westinghouse dual fuel 12kw and runs all my loads no problem, I wanted to get it hooked to the Lp tank as I get sick of filling it with gas all the time. Propane company said the smaller Lp gensets are hard to tune when hooked to a big tank?? I’ve ran it fine off a 2O# tank.
I’m off grid and use it to charge my batteries.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread