No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: wood splitting hack..... [Re: Marty] #8053977
01/18/24 10:08 PM
01/18/24 10:08 PM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline
trapper
AJE  Offline
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
I've never heard of a drill bit designed for wood splitting, but apparently they exist. Some online videos look too good to be true.

Here is an example of such a bit

https://www.amazon.com/Firewood-Spl...YSErIMyQg-Pwe7DCWvKmpRG6fO0aAr6eEALw_wcB

Re: wood splitting hack..... [Re: Marty] #8054038
01/18/24 10:52 PM
01/18/24 10:52 PM
New York
P
proratman Offline
trapper
proratman  Offline
trapper
P

New York
Shorter the log, the easier the split!

Re: wood splitting hack..... [Re: houndone] #8054054
01/18/24 11:30 PM
01/18/24 11:30 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by houndone
[Linked Image] this is one of the best ideas I came up with for splitting wood.even though this splitter will split vertical and horizontal, I didn't like being on my knees kneeling in wood chips.so I installed a wheel chair lift on my splitter.put a set of log tongs on to lift the big chunks up.should of done it years ago.

I have seen a number of log lifts , some like yours , some tip up type

what I run into is I seldom split where I cut , I used to drag my splitter around I would wrestle the rounds some times I would have them so big I moved the splitter to the round and flopped it into the vertical

even then I had to wrestel it around for the second split and so on

now I drop a tree buck it into rounds I can roll a round off to the side and noodle it
the biggest tree I did I had to noodle each round to 1/4s then I split them because I could lift the 1/4s the 1/4s became 1/12ths those I loaded on the tuck and I could get 3-4 more out of each 1/12th for actual burning size when I split at home

if I have trouble lifting it , it gets noodled in half

many ways to do things just what I found worked for me

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: wood splitting hack..... [Re: Marty] #8060225
01/25/24 10:36 PM
01/25/24 10:36 PM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline
trapper
AJE  Offline
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
After I'm done splitting, I use left over chards of wood to make a kindling (cardboard) box which I mix with newspaper &/or straw to use for starting brush piles on fire. It works, & is resourceful.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread