No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Washington new bill to regulate beaver trapping [Re: NaturesTonic] #8050513
01/15/24 03:46 PM
01/15/24 03:46 PM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
I can see it now earth muffins with halter tops, shorts and sandals chasing a beaver with a fishing net.

Re: Washington new bill to regulate beaver trapping [Re: NaturesTonic] #8050879
01/15/24 09:26 PM
01/15/24 09:26 PM
Washington State
H
humptulips Offline
trapper
humptulips  Offline
trapper
H

Washington State
I watched the Committee hearing on the bill today. I could not attend but submitted written testimony. I have to say, I think the bill will pass now. I base this on who is supporting it. The Department and the Tribes are supporting it and that is going to be hard to win against. It is being cast as something that will save salmon and it seems there is no amount of money to large they won't throw at that. As example they are spending $8 billion on culvert replacements for salmon so a measly $4 million is nothing.

Re: Washington new bill to regulate beaver trapping [Re: NaturesTonic] #8050961
01/15/24 10:38 PM
01/15/24 10:38 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Online content
trapper
beaverpeeler  Online Content
trapper

Oregon
Sorry to hear that Bruce. I think we all know that lethal beaver trapping eventually will be fazed out. Hope I'm wrong... not just as a trapper, but for the beavers themselves.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Washington new bill to regulate beaver trapping [Re: beaverpeeler] #8051097
01/16/24 02:02 AM
01/16/24 02:02 AM
Washington State
H
humptulips Offline
trapper
humptulips  Offline
trapper
H

Washington State
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Sorry to hear that Bruce. I think we all know that lethal beaver trapping eventually will be fazed out. Hope I'm wrong... not just as a trapper, but for the beavers themselves.

I wouldn't give up on fur trapping quite yet. This bill has more to do with WCO trapping. Even at that there are way more beaver trapped on complaints then could ever be relocated. I can't see them relocating more then 10% at most.

Re: Washington new bill to regulate beaver trapping [Re: NaturesTonic] #8051119
01/16/24 04:43 AM
01/16/24 04:43 AM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
This relocation has been going on for a long time.

Hump? Does The state still have the old hatchery over the hill to hold them?

Be some good trapping there

And do you know how many people attended the class?

Still got the can I out bid ya on,,,,,,,thanks for all ya done.
I should get back

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale,,,,,,May special,,, Act Now... Free Sock with every purchase
Re: Washington new bill to regulate beaver trapping [Re: NaturesTonic] #8052500
01/17/24 01:54 PM
01/17/24 01:54 PM
Custer Co, Idaho
S
sneaky Offline
trapper
sneaky  Offline
trapper
S

Custer Co, Idaho
Howl.org had a good action on this. The language of that bill is very vague for a reason. Can't trap at relocation points.... but doesn't say how big of a buffer, or how long trapping wouldn't be allowed. It's a Trojan horse to end trapping. Although WA has already been headed down that road for a while.

Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand
Re: Washington new bill to regulate beaver trapping [Re: Vinke] #8052604
01/17/24 03:24 PM
01/17/24 03:24 PM
Washington State
H
humptulips Offline
trapper
humptulips  Offline
trapper
H

Washington State
Originally Posted by Vinke
This relocation has been going on for a long time.

Hump? Does The state still have the old hatchery over the hill to hold them?

Be some good trapping there

And do you know how many people attended the class?

Still got the can I out bid ya on,,,,,,,thanks for all ya done.
I should get back

My understanding is they are using the Hatchery but the State is not running it. I think maybe the Tulalips are if it is the same, we are talking about.
I do not know how many attended the classes.
I spoke with Shawna (The lead on the pilot project) this morning. They are still going through with introducing the WAC I was in talks with them about last year. Not sure how that will work if the Bill passes because the WAC language and the Bills language are in conflict with each other. Nobody in the Department seems to know how this would work either. If the Bill does pass there will be a year of talks to figure out how to implement the very vague wording in the bill. The Agency doesn't want this, but the Commission does. I expect that the Commission is the reason the Department came out in support. Lorna Smiths testimony in support of the Bill confirms that in my mind. She is one of the stupidest people I ever met but she is Chair of the Wildlife Committee.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread