No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
not much fur selling going on... #8050009
01/15/24 01:20 AM
01/15/24 01:20 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
Back from "vacation", at least for a while.I went through the last 20 pages and only a handful about selling fur. Not unexpected but not even a Groney thread.

I enjoyed the couple of mrat selling posts. Less than $2.50 average is about what I got back in 1986 when I first did ice rat trapping. I certainly miss that ritual but no water in the sloughs around here for the past 3 years so maybe next wet cycle if I'm still around and/or kicking. I see that Law Dog caught a digger or two, maybe I'll run some township roads later in the winter and look for fresh digs. They're not too hard to catch if you lure up a fresh dig and double set it. I could use a few more badger skulls...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: not much fur selling going on... [Re: NonPCfed] #8050011
01/15/24 01:27 AM
01/15/24 01:27 AM
Bush Alaska
victor#0 Offline
trapper
victor#0  Offline
trapper

Bush Alaska
Marten prices are expected to increase even more so I'm holding mine for now......................

Re: not much fur selling going on... [Re: NonPCfed] #8050012
01/15/24 01:38 AM
01/15/24 01:38 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
Marten prices are expected to increase even more so I'm holding mine for now..

Good deal, I hope you score a bit. My Army kid is in southern AK and thought about putting out a wee line from his country place but he's doing jump master training down in the lower 48 for most of January. Maybe next year.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Re: not much fur selling going on... [Re: NonPCfed] #8050013
01/15/24 01:40 AM
01/15/24 01:40 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
You will see a bunch of posts on fur selling around the end of march.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: not much fur selling going on... [Re: NonPCfed] #8050014
01/15/24 01:42 AM
01/15/24 01:42 AM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
Originally Posted by NonPCfed
Back from "vacation", at least for a while.I went through the last 20 pages and only a handful about selling fur. Not unexpected but not even a Groney thread.

I enjoyed the couple of mrat selling posts. Less than $2.50 average is about what I got back in 1986 when I first did ice rat trapping. I certainly miss that ritual but no water in the sloughs around here for the past 3 years so maybe next wet cycle if I'm still around and/or kicking. I see that Law Dog caught a digger or two, maybe I'll run some township roads later in the winter and look for fresh digs. They're not too hard to catch if you lure up a fresh dig and double set it. I could use a few more badger skulls...

Sucks when times change
I will not chase rats for 2 bucks

Make the buyers pay ifn they want

Sent lots of beaver carcuss to the cat guys
Still trapping mink,,,,,,because the scream is sexy…..
Think I trapped all the skunks,,,,,,ain’t no more

Raccoons, never
Stinky coyotes

Thinking about doing a forensic excavation of the pits,,,, money is in the parts anymore .

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Re: not much fur selling going on... [Re: NonPCfed] #8050135
01/15/24 09:40 AM
01/15/24 09:40 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
You will see a bunch of posts on fur selling around the end of march.

Yeah Boco, it will be the Feb 2013 NAFA auction all over again grin wink. Seriously, I hope the FHA auctions do well for the people who send into them. If prices can't be up a good bit after a couple of years of low production (except maybe beaver) when there really isn't much hope.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread