No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Christian trappers [Re: AdamC] #8045729
01/10/24 08:00 PM
01/10/24 08:00 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by AdamC
Judges 15:4
Sampson caught 300 foxes.

And lit their tails on fire.

[Linked Image]
Re: Christian trappers [Re: Ed Patrick] #8045758
01/10/24 08:24 PM
01/10/24 08:24 PM
Missouri
O
Osagian Offline
trapper
Osagian  Offline
trapper
O

Missouri
Col 2:16  Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a feast day or a new moon or a sabbath day: 

Sounds like you're having a moral conflict. You probably hunt and trap for sport more than any kind of subsistence.
Do you eat meat and wear leather shoes and belts? What animals did God put on this Earth exclusively to be slaughtered for out use?
If you're convicted to be a vegetarian that's one thing, but if your not.....You might as well be the one pulling the trigger or setting the trap instead of hiring someone else to do it.

Re: Christian trappers [Re: Ed Patrick] #8045765
01/10/24 08:29 PM
01/10/24 08:29 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
There is another component if I may ask.

We are to be good stewards of God's creation. Are you in some way feeling that you are failing in that? Over or indiscriminate harvest? Experiencing disturbing or vicarious emotion or failing to abide by regulation?

The first I would advise become an even better steward through using the intellect God gifted us with by learning everything you can about His creation.
The latter is more troubling and I would suggest lots of prayer and discussion with a Christian brother skilled in counsel.

[Linked Image]
Re: Christian trappers [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #8045795
01/10/24 08:51 PM
01/10/24 08:51 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Originally Posted by Buck (Zandra)
Originally Posted by misterb
Im afraid I don't understand your question, there is no conflict between the christuanity of the Bible, and trapping, hunting, or fishing.

X2

x3

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Christian trappers [Re: Ed Patrick] #8045807
01/10/24 09:02 PM
01/10/24 09:02 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
The thought process of Christians is getting crazy.
Live life the way the Bible teaches and stop these ludicrous " thoughts".

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: Christian trappers [Re: Ed Patrick] #8045826
01/10/24 09:11 PM
01/10/24 09:11 PM
MI
T
trappingthomas Offline
trapper
trappingthomas  Offline
trapper
T

MI
Originally Posted by Ed Patrick
I'm a trapper. I'll start there. I belong to my state assoc, NTA and FTA. I've had a passion for it for many many years. I've have met great trappers over the decades several of which have passed on. Over the past year and a half, since I rededicated my life to Jesus I'm finding it harder and harder to justify what I'm doing. I know the versus that speak about man's dominion over all the animals on earth, in the sea and in air. I understand the managing of wildlife concept. I have always trapped because I enjoyed it, not to manage then animals. I was just wondering if any Christian trappers here have struggled with trapping and their Christianity and how us God convicted your hearts in your struggle? I'm praying for God to show me his will and I'll keep on praying. I know he will answer.

Just me, but I have been educated biblically that God is good with us killing for food and cloth. It is what they are there for. Even killing the wolf to save the lamb is o.k..

Last edited by trappingthomas; 01/10/24 09:13 PM.
Re: Christian trappers [Re: Ed Patrick] #8045842
01/10/24 09:22 PM
01/10/24 09:22 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
I'm a trapper. I'll start there. I belong to my state assoc, NTA and FTA. I've had a passion for it for many many years. I've have met great trappers over the decades several of which have passed on. Over the past year and a half, since I rededicated my life to Jesus I'm finding it harder and harder to justify what I'm doing. I know the versus that speak about man's dominion over all the animals on earth, in the sea and in air. I understand the managing of wildlife concept. I have always trapped because I enjoyed it, not to manage then animals. I was just wondering if any Christian trappers here have struggled with trapping and their Christianity and how us God convicted your hearts in your struggle? I'm praying for God to show me his will and I'll keep on praying. I know he will answer.

.. when I hear of a man getting soft, my recommendation is a hard reboot to get you back right … what that entails is pulling on a handle of wild turkey and watching Pale Rider three times in a row

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: Christian trappers [Re: Ed Patrick] #8045848
01/10/24 09:25 PM
01/10/24 09:25 PM
WI
B
BvrRetriever Online content
trapper
BvrRetriever  Online Content
trapper
B

WI
God follows me on my trapline everyday. You need to develop a conversation when you’re doing it…every day.

Re: Christian trappers [Re: Savell] #8045849
01/10/24 09:26 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
Originally Posted by Savell

.. when I hear of a man getting soft, my recommendation is a hard reboot to get you back right … what that entails is pulling on a handle of wild turkey and watching Pale Rider three times in a row

Hate to agree but do. wink

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: Christian trappers [Re: Savell] #8045851
MI
T
trappingthomas Offline
trapper
trappingthomas  Offline
trapper
T

MI
Originally Posted by Savell

Crap! Just spit some whisky out (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) you! No joke when I need to get my man card back it is Clint Eastwood movies and Jim Beam! No chicks invited.

Re: Christian trappers [Re: Ed Patrick] #8045854
01/10/24 09:30 PM
01/10/24 09:30 PM
Missouri
T
Trapper Bo Offline
trapper
Trapper Bo  Offline
trapper
T

Missouri
In my humble opinion, your conviction may have nothing more to do with trapping than that God is trying to speak to you. Perhaps there is another area of your life He wants you focused on or perhaps He wants you to use your interest in trapping to reach someone or some purpose for His kingdoms work. There is nothing “soft” about listening when God speaks. Handle whatever it is He’s convicting you about and chances are you can return to trapping with a clear conscience.

Re: Christian trappers [Re: Ed Patrick] #8045856
01/10/24 09:31 PM
01/10/24 09:31 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
If all you have to worry about between you and God is killing animals then you’ve lived an awesome life. I’ve stayed many times I can teach anyone to hunt and trap, killing I can’t teach. Some folks don’t like it. Some folks can’t do it. Some folks find excuses not to kill. I used to find excuses to kill, after a while it just becomes numb and you don’t even think about it. Do I kill everything. Nope. Red foxes get a pass mainly because we just don’t hardly have any down here and I just think they’re too pretty to kill, lol.
Killing is a choice. If you have to ask then you’ve made up your mind already. Don’t kill anymore. If you really wanted to know an answer to your question, you’d ask a pastor/rabbi/priest, not a bunch of trappers whether they’re Christians or not.

Re: Christian trappers [Re: Trapper Bo] #8045859
01/10/24 09:33 PM
01/10/24 09:33 PM
WI
B
BvrRetriever Online content
trapper
BvrRetriever  Online Content
trapper
B

WI
Originally Posted by Trapper Bo
In my humble opinion, your conviction may have nothing more to do with trapping than that God is trying to speak to you. Perhaps there is another area of your life He wants you focused on or perhaps He wants you to use your interest in trapping to reach someone or some purpose for His kingdoms work. There is nothing “soft” about listening when God speaks. Handle whatever it is He’s convicting you about and chances are you can return to trapping with a clear conscience.

Amen

Re: Christian trappers [Re: Ed Patrick] #8045868
01/10/24 09:36 PM
01/10/24 09:36 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
Sorry I ain't much of a spiritual guy, but I will submit this:

If you are trapping because you like to kill stuff, you may have a lot of 'splaining to do at the pearly gates.

If you are trapping to eliminate pests or supplement income, you are probably on some solid ground

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Christian trappers [Re: Ed Patrick] #8045870
01/10/24 09:37 PM
01/10/24 09:37 PM
Pennsy
E
Ed Patrick Offline OP
trapper
Ed Patrick  Offline OP
trapper
E

Pennsy
Thank you for everyone's replies. Warrior especially ! And to answer your question Independent Baptist Church. I don't call myself a Baptist however. Just a Christian that attends a Bible teaching church. As for whiskey and Clint Eastwood movies IMO neither has anything to do with one's manhood. I hope you don't really believe that? I'll be praying for you also.

Re: Christian trappers [Re: Ed Patrick] #8045876
01/10/24 09:42 PM
01/10/24 09:42 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
.. this post reminds of what happened in Tsavo back in 1996…there were two lions that had developed a taste for dark meat and were disrupting the construction of a railroad by eating the labor

… anyway they hired the world famous predator hunter and trapper Michael Douglas to kill the lions

… one night during a conversation around the campfire Michael Douglas mentioned that he didn’t necessarily “enjoy killing”… a man asked “if you don’t enjoy killing, then why do you do it?”

.. Ol Mike Douglas responds…”because I have a gift”

..lol

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: Christian trappers [Re: Guss] #8045887
01/10/24 09:46 PM
01/10/24 09:46 PM
Pennsylvania
Landon Offline
trapper
Landon  Offline
trapper

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by Guss
Gen 3:21

X2

Here is the verse. I agree with the others in this thread.

21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.

Re: Christian trappers [Re: Ed Patrick] #8045892
01/10/24 09:49 PM
01/10/24 09:49 PM
N Central Kansas
Z
ZionHeritageFarm Offline
trapper
ZionHeritageFarm  Offline
trapper
Z

N Central Kansas
I don’t reply very frequently in posts, but felt led to in this one.
My suggestion, pray and listen. Discern. Is it the Holy Spirit or another that you hear ?
Biblically speaking hunting, trapping, fishing is not sinful. But, perhaps the Spirit is leading you on a path. It doesn’t have to make sense, or that you fully understand at this point. It also doesn’t matter what others think or do. . This could be a path just for you. Possibly just for a season. Or perhaps it’s another spirit altogether.
Pray and patiently wait for Father to speak and to lead. Then follow. Think Noah.

Last edited by ZionHeritageFarm; 01/11/24 03:33 PM.

From Zion, perfect in beauty, God shines forth. Psalms 50:2
Re: Christian trappers [Re: Ed Patrick] #8045898
01/10/24 09:54 PM
01/10/24 09:54 PM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa
I think people have been wearing furs throughout history and Huntimng a nd fishing as well. God has never forbid it.

God please keep they 19 fallen UBB miners out of trouble up there.
Re: Christian trappers [Re: Ed Patrick] #8045916
01/10/24 10:14 PM
01/10/24 10:14 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
To further expound on Genesis 3.

God was the one who taught us to kill.

When faced with his own nakedness Adam couldn't even comprehend the use of animal skins as up until that time all of his food was from the plants of the garden.

God knew that once Adam was cast out from the garden his food would not come so easy as just picking the fruit of the garden and that the animals would no longer be held at bay. Adam would now be under threat from his environment outside the garden. Adam would now have to kill to live yet Adam had never killed.

So God killed for Adam to show us how to provide.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread