No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Networks given up on KC [Re: jbyrd63] #8043771
01/08/24 04:12 PM
01/08/24 04:12 PM
MD
D
DaveP Offline
trapper
DaveP  Offline
trapper
D

MD
Here you go jbyrd;

Via The Athletic: Peacock paid the NFL an estimated $110 million to air the first-ever exclusive, live-streamed NFL playoff game and the league clearly made an intentional decision to place one of the most popular teams based on viewership (the Chiefs) in that primetime window.

Re: Networks given up on KC [Re: jbyrd63] #8043778
01/08/24 04:20 PM
01/08/24 04:20 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Why would some on here complain about mainstream media and MSNBC the big liberal giant. THEN get their peacock network? .
As for the announcement 7 months ago they DIDN'T say which game. The other matchups could have been on the streaming service. The times and coverage weren't decided until the matchups came out.

Would you pay 110m for the rights to the KC game or the Pittsburgh/Miami game? While as a Steelers fan, id rather see that game but KC is a bit more popular and probably have better scoring than the Pittsburgh game is

Re: Networks given up on KC [Re: elkaholic] #8043784
01/08/24 04:30 PM
01/08/24 04:30 PM
kansas
L
larrywaugh Offline
trapper
larrywaugh  Offline
trapper
L

kansas
Originally Posted by elkaholic
[quote=Sac Creek]Common sense says they choose the most watched NFL team to run up subscribers.
The Chiefs really are America's team now replacing the title that the Cowboys had for years.

The only people that considered Dallas "Americas Team" were Dallas fans. It was a title given to them by the owner. Not the rest of the world.
The name America's team was given to the Cowboys in 1978 by Bob Ryan the editor in chief of NFL films while preparing a highlight reel. The owner had nothing to do with it. Look it up.

Won't take no prisoners,won't spare no lives.
Re: Networks given up on KC [Re: DaveP] #8043807
01/08/24 05:06 PM
01/08/24 05:06 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by DaveP
Here you go jbyrd;

Via The Athletic: Peacock paid the NFL an estimated $110 million to air the first-ever exclusive, live-streamed NFL playoff game and the league clearly made an intentional decision to place one of the most popular teams based on viewership (the Chiefs) in that primetime window.

I'm so glad you posted that. First of all based on all the "experts KC would NOT have even been playing on wildcard weekend !!! So the agreement wasn't done for the KC chiefs

Re: Networks given up on KC [Re: hippie] #8043812
01/08/24 05:16 PM
01/08/24 05:16 PM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Offline
trapper
Nessmuck  Offline
trapper
N

New Hampshire
Originally Posted by hippie
Yes, its free Nessy. Something about an app you need that's free. I won't be watching because I don't know what an app is?

Anyhow, how's you and blowhards teams doing this year compared to the Chiefs? laugh

My team was the Bengals ...But Borrows went down.

The Patriots are a train wreck....but of their lonely 4 wins...one was Buffalo and the other was was Pittsburgh.

Good luck in Buffalo...

And I don't know what an app is either

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Re: Networks given up on KC [Re: jbyrd63] #8043824
01/08/24 05:31 PM
01/08/24 05:31 PM
MD
D
DaveP Offline
trapper
DaveP  Offline
trapper
D

MD
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Originally Posted by DaveP
Here you go jbyrd;

I'm so glad you posted that. First of all based on all the "experts KC would NOT have even been playing on wildcard weekend !!! So the agreement wasn't done for the KC chiefs

Well, I SUSPECT that the agreement gave Peacock some say in WHAT game they got ( semi) exclusive rights to, so stands to reason they'd grab the matcup.with the most interest to try to recoup some of their investment.

ETA
LOL, you're trying to claim.you were right all along, despite your thread title claiming the opposite of what is actually going on????

Last edited by DaveP; 01/08/24 05:32 PM.
Re: Networks given up on KC [Re: DaveP] #8043998
01/08/24 08:22 PM
01/08/24 08:22 PM
Missouri
W
WhiteTrash 88 Offline
trapper
WhiteTrash 88  Offline
trapper
W

Missouri
Don’t know why you experts got your panty’s all in a not over having to do a pay to view on that game. For some reason I don’t have too. Oh yeh it’s called local channel broadcasting. May watch it and then again maybe not. lol lol lol

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread