No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Lawsuit on behalf of Ashley Babbit family [Re: martentrapper] #8042729
01/07/24 02:54 PM
01/07/24 02:54 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

I wonder if his sidearm is the only tool he had. If so, he/they were poorly equipped officers. They were obviously not trained to handle such a situation. Why? Who knows?

What about pepper spray. That would have turned that crowd immediately, especially in an indoor environment. The officers would have to pull back some too with pepper spray, but it would've worked.

A taser would have stopped Ms Babbitt. One or two taser collapsings and the crowd would've pulled back after watching that.

An asp baton whack on the elbows or hands would guarantee that person's withdrawal back thru that window. Coming thru that window was like a funnel...one at a time.

Last, but not least, smacking em by hand at they poked thru that window.That officer was a good-sized dude...

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Lawsuit on behalf of Ashley Babbit family [Re: martentrapper] #8042738
01/07/24 03:07 PM
01/07/24 03:07 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
While we are engaging in "what if's"...I have to wonder if there were other officers with Byrd, were they also armed ? If they were armed, did they draw their weapons? If not.....why not ?

Mean As Nails
Re: Lawsuit on behalf of Ashley Babbit family [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8042742
01/07/24 03:11 PM
01/07/24 03:11 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
I wonder if his sidearm is the only tool he had. If so, he/they were poorly equipped officers. They were obviously not trained to handle such a situation. Why? Who knows?

What about pepper spray. That would have turned that crowd immediately, especially in an indoor environment. The officers would have to pull back some too with pepper spray, but it would've worked.

A taser would have stopped Ms Babbitt. One or two taser collapsings and the crowd would've pulled back after watching that.

An asp baton whack on the elbows or hands would guarantee that person's withdrawal back thru that window. Coming thru that window was like a funnel...one at a time.

Last, but not least, smacking em by hand at they poked thru that window.That officer was a good-sized dude...

I understand what you are saying. But you have given an expert opinion that deadly force was not justified. When I asked what other options are available, you wondered whether they had pepper spray; assumed a taser would have stopped her and caused others to not come through the window; and, assumed a baton would have stopped them (if he had one). You also assumed there was more than one officer there in that hall to stop the rioting mob. I guess you are also assuming the mob doesn't get the officer's weapon or just beat him to death.

Your baton option makes the most sense--if they had one. At least as a temporary measure. But I don't think he could take on a rioting mob with a baton. Maybe you have in the woods of Georgia.

We're just batting around opinions here, but I have bad news for you having spent 25 years trying lawsuits. You wouldn't qualify as an expert in this case. I have more bad news for the group. Assuming the DOJ or some insurance company doesn't cave with a settlement, it is a defense verdict 10 out of 10 times in this case.

Again, I am no fan of the DOJ. But I am also not a fan of people being misled. So, at least we cleared up that Ashli Babbitt was not a peaceful tourist just strolling through the capital.

I have to get ready for real Court tomorrow. Adios all!

Re: Lawsuit on behalf of Ashley Babbit family [Re: Blaine County] #8042750
01/07/24 03:21 PM
01/07/24 03:21 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by Blaine County

I understand what you are saying. But you have given an expert opinion that deadly force was not justified. When I asked what other options are available, you wondered whether they had pepper spray; assumed a taser would have stopped her and caused others to not come through the window; and, assumed a baton would have stopped them (if he had one). You also assumed there was more than one officer there in that hall to stop the rioting mob. I guess you are also assuming the mob doesn't get the officer's weapon or just beat him to death.

Your baton option makes the most sense--if they had one. At least as a temporary measure. But I don't think he could take on a rioting mob with a baton. Maybe you have in the woods of Georgia.

We're just batting around opinions here, but I have bad news for you having spent 25 years trying lawsuits. You wouldn't qualify as an expert in this case. I have more bad news for the group. Assuming the DOJ or some insurance company doesn't cave with a settlement, it is a defense verdict 10 out of 10 times in this case.

Again, I am no fan of the DOJ. But I am also not a fan of people being misled. So, at least we cleared up that Ashli Babbitt was not a peaceful tourist just strolling through the capital.

I have to get ready for real Court tomorrow. Adios all!

Using your "logic" everything you said would justify every police use of lethal force....not even close to real world.

Re: Lawsuit on behalf of Ashley Babbit family [Re: martentrapper] #8042768
01/07/24 03:54 PM
01/07/24 03:54 PM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
There were other officers on both sides of the door. What's puzzling is the three officers that were on the left side of the door
moved past Ashley and then proceeded down the stairs just prior to Byrd advancing his weapon forward and firing.

Here is another angle of footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSt2LJWokI0

Re: Lawsuit on behalf of Ashley Babbit family [Re: martentrapper] #8042771
01/07/24 03:55 PM
01/07/24 03:55 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
An interesting excerpt from the actual complaint filed by Babbitt's family. Apparently from the CP radio logs of that day.

At line 15 in the complaint.

15. At 2:45 p.m., or within one minute after shooting Ashli, Lt. Byrd made the following radio call: " 405B. We got shots fired in the lobby. We got shots shots fired in the lobby of the House chamber. Shots are being fired at us and we’re sh, uhh, prepared to fire back at them. We have guns drawn. Please don’t leave that end. Don’t leave that end". Approximately 35 seconds later, Lt. Byrd made another radio call, stating, “405B. We got an injured person. I believe that person was shot.” In fact, no shots were fired at Lt. Byrd or his fellow officers. The only shot fired was the single shot Lt. Byrd fired at Ashli. He heard the loud noise of the gunshot. He saw her fall backwards from the window frame.

Last edited by white17; 01/07/24 03:56 PM.

Mean As Nails
Re: Lawsuit on behalf of Ashley Babbit family [Re: martentrapper] #8042778
01/07/24 04:03 PM
01/07/24 04:03 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Well I think it is blain by now just who is chicken crap enough to shot first and ask questions later. Might not want to walk while black in Oklahoma.

[Linked Image]
Re: Lawsuit on behalf of Ashley Babbit family [Re: martentrapper] #8042803
01/07/24 04:26 PM
01/07/24 04:26 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

I will add that after 27 years in LE that I'm very, very pro-law enforcement. I've argued for LE many times when an anti-police post was made on here...usually centered around a questionable officer-involved shooting.

Yet...the Ashli Babbitt incident has me on the other side this time. I simply cannot defend what I saw in those videos, and I've tried, using my years of training and experience. I've tried, but I can't.

Re: Lawsuit on behalf of Ashley Babbit family [Re: Blaine County] #8042818
01/07/24 04:40 PM
01/07/24 04:40 PM
Va
S
Spike369 Offline
trapper
Spike369  Offline
trapper
S

Va
She was an idiot J6 rioter that tried climbing through a broken window to get to the house chamber in the Capital.

It happens.

You're a liar watch the video and quit lying.

Re: Lawsuit on behalf of Ashley Babbit family [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8042849
01/07/24 05:14 PM
01/07/24 05:14 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
I will add that after 27 years in LE that I'm very, very pro-law enforcement. I've argued for LE many times when an anti-police post was made on here...usually centered around a questionable officer-involved shooting.

Yet...the Ashli Babbitt incident has me on the other side this time. I simply cannot defend what I saw in those videos, and I've tried, using my years of training and experience. I've tried, but I can't.

I can only imagine the turmoil. I, too, am by default a back the blue law and order type. Even though I've been on both sides of that in my life, lol. I've been the victim of criminals wearing a badge, falsely accused on another occasion and rightly dealt with by honorable officers at other times. So I struggle between defund and back but by and large I'm a back the honorable.

I count you among the honorable.

Thank you for holding to a higher morality.

[Linked Image]
Re: Lawsuit on behalf of Ashley Babbit family [Re: Spike369] #8042863
01/07/24 05:26 PM
01/07/24 05:26 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by Spike369
She was an idiot J6 rioter that tried climbing through a broken window to get to the house chamber in the Capital.

It happens.

You're a liar watch the video and quit lying.

Knock it off with the name calling.

Mean As Nails
Re: Lawsuit on behalf of Ashley Babbit family [Re: martentrapper] #8042887
01/07/24 05:44 PM
01/07/24 05:44 PM
coastal ny
G
gcs Offline
trapper
gcs  Offline
trapper
G

coastal ny
I wouldn't hold a lot of stock in the officers statements. The first thing they're trained to say is "I was afraid for my life and and the lives of others"
which may, or may not be the truth....

Re: Lawsuit on behalf of Ashley Babbit family [Re: martentrapper] #8042908
01/07/24 06:03 PM
01/07/24 06:03 PM
GRAVETTE ARK
A
Ark Trapper Offline
trapper
Ark Trapper  Offline
trapper
A

GRAVETTE ARK
I don't know of ANY modern day law enforcement that is only equipped with a firearm. Especially with the build up of J6 and No reasonable man would believe otherwise.. I'm surprised at some on here, you guys are quite comical to the point of being really disheartening and sad that you're even on here.

You can talk till your blue in the face but it will not make any difference to him no matter how many facts you provide. Sad but he is a lost cause.. and not worth the time..

Re: Lawsuit on behalf of Ashley Babbit family [Re: martentrapper] #8042944
01/07/24 06:50 PM
01/07/24 06:50 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
So, if you think someone is being an idiot, now it is ok to just shoot them?

Well, that would make it a whole lot simpler for law inforcement going forward.

Re: Lawsuit on behalf of Ashley Babbit family [Re: Blaine County] #8042954
01/07/24 06:56 PM
01/07/24 06:56 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
Originally Posted by Leftlane
So BC, does your advocacy of shooting pukes that riot extend to Antifa and BLM scum? How about pro-abortion pukes?

Yeah, didn't think so

The J6 rioters are the equivalent of BLM and ANTIFA. All are potential targets in a riot.

I think I recall you arguing that Rittenhouse should be charged/convicted. that doesn't jive with your CURRENT statement, does it?

Re: Lawsuit on behalf of Ashley Babbit family [Re: martentrapper] #8042977
01/07/24 07:10 PM
01/07/24 07:10 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
BC for President 2024!!!
He may not make much sense at all, and has trouble with logic and reason, but he can sure can put some words and sentences together. Better than what we have in office now.
I'm fixin to have some shirts made.
On the front, Blain "Pie hole" County, for President. (Why? Well who doesn't enjoy pie?)
On the back, At least I am not Let's Go Brandon, nor Donald Adolf Trump.

Last edited by 52Carl; 01/07/24 07:12 PM.
Re: Lawsuit on behalf of Ashley Babbit family [Re: martentrapper] #8042994
01/07/24 07:20 PM
01/07/24 07:20 PM
ND
grumley701 Offline
trapper
grumley701  Offline
trapper

ND
I have no idea why you folks continue to entertain the clown known as blaine county, by his/hers post he's more than likely a plant...

Pure Blood
Re: Lawsuit on behalf of Ashley Babbit family [Re: Blaine County] #8042995
01/07/24 07:21 PM
01/07/24 07:21 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma

It happens.

[Linked Image]

"Hello fellow trapping enthusiasts!"

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Lawsuit on behalf of Ashley Babbit family [Re: Boco] #8043014
01/07/24 07:35 PM
01/07/24 07:35 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by Boco
Im surprized only one got shot.
You would think the law would have opened up on a mob trying to get in and hang Mike Pence.
Like the National Guard did in Ohio.

I agree. The cops should have shot a few more of them.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Lawsuit on behalf of Ashley Babbit family [Re: martentrapper] #8043018
01/07/24 07:37 PM
01/07/24 07:37 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Not to be outdone are you, jimbo?

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7