No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
A young man and knives #8034051
12/29/23 10:42 AM
12/29/23 10:42 AM
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline OP
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline OP
trapper
B

NC
So my 13 yo son is in his room playing video games online with his friends. He has all his knives laid out beside him on the nightstand.

I ask hm if he has enough knives.

He looks at me and says, "Dad, a man never has enough knives."

Gosh I was proud!!!

How many lies will people believe before they realize their own idiocy?
Re: A young man and knives [Re: bowhunter27295] #8034108
12/29/23 11:39 AM
12/29/23 11:39 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
you can get there , when they are taking up the room to store your guns.

a little dad son knife story for you

my dad said bring your knife sharpening stuff to Thanksgiving all your mothers kitchen knives are dull.

we have dinner and I sharpen all the knives in the kitchen

saw him Saturday for Christmas meal at my brothers and he says you know how you sharpened knives at thanksgiving , well you you got them really sharp and pulls back his sleeve showing the stitches he was unloading the dish washer somehow it caught him across the wrist and he had to go get stitches.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: A young man and knives [Re: bowhunter27295] #8034142
12/29/23 12:35 PM
12/29/23 12:35 PM
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Offline
trapper
chas3457  Offline
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County
NEVER put Sharp knives in a dishwasher, it aint good for them.

NEVER put a sharp knife in a sink full of dish water, When you reach in to pick it up, it will get you.

I watched a woman learn the hard way, right after I warned her not to do it with my 12" scimitar slicer. It SLICED her very well. eek

Charlie

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

NRA Life Member ~ GOA Member ~ NFOA Member ~ UNMLA Member
Re: A young man and knives [Re: chas3457] #8034156
12/29/23 12:53 PM
12/29/23 12:53 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by chas3457
NEVER put Sharp knives in a dishwasher, it aint good for them.

NEVER put a sharp knife in a sink full of dish water, When you reach in to pick it up, it will get you.

I watched a woman learn the hard way, right after I warned her not to do it with my 12" scimitar slicer. It SLICED her very well. eek
Charlie

I know , I told them that is how your knives get dull , putting them in the dishwasher

my mother argued it is just one of the little plastic handled pairing knives , I know better than to try and argue with my mother , I just said that is how they get dull

when I wash knives it is a brush and running water , if I need to soak some 1-2 inches of water in the sink just enough to cover them all the points facing one direction and nothing else in the sink and they get a few minutes to soak then brush and rinse.

I laid my thumb open once using a dish cloth I slipped and had to glue that shut with the super glue.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 12/29/23 12:53 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread