No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8031423
12/26/23 12:04 PM
12/26/23 12:04 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
"Idaho’s new mandatory gun owner education law takes effect July 2018

Beginning on July 1, 2018, every potential gun owner who purchased their first gun after June 30, 2011 will be required to attend and pass a mandatory gun handling education course before they can purchase and own a gun in Idaho."

Who is John Galt?
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #8031475
12/26/23 01:15 PM
12/26/23 01:15 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by Buck (Zandra)
Originally Posted by 2poor
Personally I don’t find Mandatory Trappers Ed as anti trapping. Be more aligned with preservation of trapping !

X2

X3

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Dirt] #8031476
12/26/23 01:18 PM
12/26/23 01:18 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by Dirt
"Idaho’s new mandatory trapper education law takes effect July 2018

Beginning on July 1, 2018, every trapper who purchased their first trapping license after June 30, 2011 will be required to attend. and pass a mandatory trapper education course before they can purchase an Idaho trapping license."

Well Grandpa, who supported and passed this anti-trapping law? Was it democrats?

Trapping Education is no more anti-trapping than Hunter Education programs are anti-hunting. It helps preserve our sports from extinction. The Trapper Education program was highly approved and supported by the Idaho Trappers Association. Thankfully, we have a great State Trapping Association. If It wasn’t for them and the Trapping Education Program, trapping would go the way of the Dodo Bird in Idaho like it did in other Western States. Most people taking the program now have never trapped and after they finish the program many of the participants give the program high remarks and say how they learned a lot. Maybe you ought to take the course, you might learn something.

PS The course also introduces new people to trapping and many say they wouldn’t have tried trapping if they didn’t take the course.

Last edited by Grandpa Trapper; 12/26/23 01:23 PM.
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8031485
12/26/23 01:31 PM
12/26/23 01:31 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
"Idaho’s new mandatory trapper education law takes effect July 2018

Beginning on July 1, 2018, every trapper who purchased their first trapping license after June 30, 2011 will be required to attend. and pass a mandatory trapper education course before they can purchase an Idaho trapping license."

Well Grandpa, who supported and passed this anti-trapping law? Was it democrats?

Trapping Education is no more anti-trapping than Hunter Education programs are anti-hunting. It helps preserve our sports from extinction. The Trapper Education program was highly approved and supported by the Idaho Trappers Association. Thankfully, we have a great State Trapping Association. If It wasn’t for them and the Trapping Education Program, trapping would go the way of the Dodo Bird in Idaho like it did in other Western States. Most people taking the program now have never trapped and after they finish the program many of the participants give the program high remarks and say how they learned a lot. Maybe you ought to take the course, you might learn something.

PS The course also introduces new people to trapping and many say they wouldn’t have tried trapping if they didn’t take the course.

Dirt don't quite understand the purpose/benefit of trapper ed. He's usually too busy complaining about the low price of Alaskan fur and how those of us trapping in the lower 48 are keeping the prices down for him.

Last edited by Swamp Wolf; 12/26/23 01:32 PM.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8031517
12/26/23 02:13 PM
12/26/23 02:13 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
You have convinced me. I'm surprised that Idaho didn't provide this pro- trapping regulation 25 years ago.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Dirt] #8031556
12/26/23 02:59 PM
12/26/23 02:59 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
trapper
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
You have convinced me. I'm surprised that Idaho didn't provide this pro- trapping regulation 25 years ago.

There were a few things that occurred across the State that everybody including the trappers, Fish and Game and the State Legislators agreed something had to be done to preserve our trapping heritage.

Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8031572
12/26/23 03:21 PM
12/26/23 03:21 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
You guys are fighting a losing battle.

Anyone that can't see the world was a better place because of Trumps policies compared to todays, ain't worth the air they're breating.

Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: 2poor] #8031580
12/26/23 03:31 PM
12/26/23 03:31 PM
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho
Personally I don’t find Mandatory Trappers Ed as anti trapping. Be more aligned with preservation of trapping !

other than you cant find a class without traveling hundred miles or more....not enough teachers, kids will just not trap because to big of a pain to complete class. if you think gov or more regulations is a good thing you are alining yourself with democrat views. i would rather see less restictions on what we do!

Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: wallfur] #8031585
12/26/23 03:39 PM
12/26/23 03:39 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by wallfur

other than you cant find a class without traveling hundred miles or more....not enough teachers, kids will just not trap because to big of a pain to complete class. if you think gov or more regulations is a good thing you are alining yourself with democrat views. i would rather see less restictions on what we do!

I wouldn't want to travel like that for someone to take a course, they need to make it more accessible if that's the case.

Just last fall I took my grandson for his hunter/trapper course and I had my choice of several, guessing 6 or 7 I could've signed him up for within 30 miles. He loved it.

In my case, I too think its a good deal. No different than taking him to a convention.

Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: white marlin] #8031601
12/26/23 03:58 PM
12/26/23 03:58 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Originally Posted by white marlin
[quote=James]If you'd be clearer and name names, we would avoid this kind of confusion. Seems cowardly to hide behind generalities. Jim

now THAT, my Friends, may be the best example of projection psychology the world has ever witnessed!
[/quote

LOL.

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8031604
12/26/23 04:07 PM
12/26/23 04:07 PM
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho
doulbe edge sword i guess and i am sure the classes are informative,glad you was abale to get your grandson involved hippie thats great. but if i had to rely on my dad or grandpa to take me to class it would have never happened.. if i would have waited to take the class when i was old enough to drive i dont think it would have happened either as my intrestes had changed. i started trapping on my bicycle for rats and my dad was not impressed but an oldtimer in town gave me 25 cents a rat on the carcass and helped me out with traps. how many kids do we lose because of restictions? classes?alot i think look at your conventions, fur sales,trappers in the field ect ...not many young people anymore at these events or activities i think if you dont start trapping at a young age your not likely to get invoved.... idaho classes are few and far between

Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: wallfur] #8031611
12/26/23 04:16 PM
12/26/23 04:16 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
trapper
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
doulbe edge sword i guess and i am sure the classes are informative,glad you was abale to get your grandson involved hippie thats great. but if i had to rely on my dad or grandpa to take me to class it would have never happened.. if i would have waited to take the class when i was old enough to drive i dont think it would have happened either as my intrestes had changed. i started trapping on my bicycle for rats and my dad was not impressed but an oldtimer in town gave me 25 cents a rat on the carcass and helped me out with traps. how many kids do we lose because of restictions? classes?alot i think look at your conventions, fur sales,trappers in the field ect ...not many young people anymore at these events or activities i think if you dont start trapping at a young age your not likely to get invoved.... idaho classes are few and far between

Right now there are 14 classes being offered in Idaho January to March. How many do you want?

Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8031615
12/26/23 04:20 PM
12/26/23 04:20 PM
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho

Right now there are 14 classes being offered in Idaho January to March. How many do you want?
....better question is how many do i(REALLY) need? i dont want any.....the close one is over 100 miles for me! classes are ok but need to be optional not mandatory to buy a trapping lic. i think you missed my point on classes

Last edited by wallfur; 12/26/23 04:37 PM.
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8031639
12/26/23 04:51 PM
12/26/23 04:51 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
trapper
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Wallfur, although we disagree I respect your opinion. However, it will never go back to having no Trapper Education classes due to the good results the program is producing. There is always a need for experienced trapper and leaders for instructors. Perhaps, you may want to contribute and apply to be an instructor to fill in the void in your area.

Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: wallfur] #8031651
12/26/23 05:04 PM
12/26/23 05:04 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak

We both understand the law of unintended consequences.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8031660
12/26/23 05:17 PM
12/26/23 05:17 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Ecucation as a whole is over rated.
Why go see a trained doctor when you can go see a quack for way less.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8031669
12/26/23 05:25 PM
12/26/23 05:25 PM
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho
Wallfur, although we disagree I respect your opinion. However, it will never go back to having no Trapper Education classes due to the good results the program is producing. There is always a need for experienced trapper and leaders for instructors. Perhaps, you may want to contribute and apply to be an instructor to fill in the void in your area.
....i agree i stated classes were ok but should not be manatory. not everyone lives in idaho falls and might add just moved there. i do and have supported both trapping associations ( idaho and the upper snake) for over 45 years !and going to try to support our 3rd association fur sale this year in norhern idaho.( bernie. rusty and crew do a great job) and yes i would teach a class in this area is asked. just dont feel it needs to be mandatory before buying a lic

Last edited by wallfur; 12/26/23 05:35 PM.
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8031671
12/26/23 05:28 PM
12/26/23 05:28 PM
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho
i am not even going to respone to our canadian clown lol

Last edited by wallfur; 12/26/23 05:36 PM.
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8031705
12/26/23 06:24 PM
12/26/23 06:24 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland

I think Maryland has a class once a year and an hour drive might get you there.

-Goofy-
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8031710
12/26/23 06:28 PM
12/26/23 06:28 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
trapper
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Does Maryland have mandatory Trapper Ed.?

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread