No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Checks bouncing [Re: Donnersurvivor] #8030231
12/24/23 08:55 PM
12/24/23 08:55 PM
St. Cloud, MN
trapperkeck Offline
trapper
trapperkeck  Offline
trapper

St. Cloud, MN
Direct deposit won't change anything if there are no funds to make the transaction. Sounds like you need to have a heart to heart with them and go from there. At least, everyone will know where they stand and what to expect.

"The voice of reason!"
Re: Checks bouncing [Re: Donnersurvivor] #8030245
12/24/23 09:43 PM
12/24/23 09:43 PM
E. Oregon
S
super cub Offline
trapper
super cub  Offline
trapper
S

E. Oregon
We have several rentals, we have a couple in one house who are always late. Every excuse in the book. They have been renting from us for 3 years but it's getting worse. We originally had a 1 year lease then went to month to month. Under the lease after 5 days late it's $50 after 10 days $150 or eviction. I told them the other day I was going to enforce it January 1st. We'll see what happens.
We have another couple that are late off and on but they always let us know ahead of time, that's ok with us as long as they let us know ahead of time

Re: Checks bouncing [Re: Donnersurvivor] #8030364
12/25/23 01:46 AM
12/25/23 01:46 AM
Idaho
S
Salthunter Offline
trapper
Salthunter  Offline
trapper
S

Idaho
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Without going into to much detail I have a tenet who routinely bounces rent checks. They always apologize and write a new check which clears right away but I'm starting to get a bit fusterated. Not sure if I should just keep doing what I'm doing and only say something if the second check doesn't clear or say something now? I thought about trying to get set up with direct deposit, not sure if that'd help. Advice?

Al three of my daughters rent out there home,all three Venmo
Write a new and better lease.
Who can afford to bounce checks? Years ago I had a late fee for renters. Always felt like a dirtback when I collected it.

So your new lease asks for $1000 . but is $975. if paid before the due date. a $25 discount idf paid early and of couse a %25 late fe is past 10 days and what ever amount your stte lets you get buy with on interest ,,, but

If its had happened every month as a tenant,,, get rid of them

Work hard play hard
Re: Checks bouncing [Re: Donnersurvivor] #8030651
12/25/23 12:44 PM
12/25/23 12:44 PM
northern idaho
B
brian92 Offline
trapper
brian92  Offline
trapper
B

northern idaho
Ask them to take the checks to your bank and deposit it, or open up an account at their bank so they can quickly transfer it to you, this should make it so they see right away if it will go through or not.

I also suggest Zelle if your bank does it.

Maybe don't be so quick to blame the tenants or make them your enemy by blanketly reading the law or instituting monthly property inspections unless you have additional reasons to not trust them, as they are paying you after all even after the check issue it seems.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread