No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Buck lure? [Re: 330-Trapper] #8022582
12/16/23 08:55 PM
12/16/23 08:55 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
Scrape Juice Bowhunter's Setup is the ONLY deer scent that I've ever had work here in Georgia. Have watched deer trail me up to the tree my climber was in....multiple times. Even deer passing downwind seem to be more interested in that stuff than being alarmed by my human scent.

In north Missouri, I've had deer walk up and smell/lick a scrape dripper that had some cheap deer urine in it.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Buck lure? [Re: 330-Trapper] #8022679
12/16/23 10:02 PM
12/16/23 10:02 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Online content
trapper
Posco  Online Content
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
I want to try this...but can't get it this season

If you want to see a dominant buck goes nuts, smear some Wallhanger on one of his rubs. I haven't used it much in the last ten years or so but it was the real deal.

Re: Buck lure? [Re: 330-Trapper] #8022733
12/16/23 10:40 PM
12/16/23 10:40 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
If all these scents worked, we'd all have walls full of big bucks.
Heck, I've probably had more bucks respond to my own pizz over the years then the stuff I've wasted $on touted as being the latest n greatest.
An old buck just ain't curious enough to check out a scent. They know.

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: Buck lure? [Re: bucksnbears] #8022746
12/16/23 10:56 PM
12/16/23 10:56 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Online content
trapper
Posco  Online Content
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by bucksnbears
If all these scents worked, we'd all have walls full of big bucks.
Heck, I've probably had more bucks respond to my own pizz over the years then the stuff I've wasted $on touted as being the latest n greatest.
An old buck just ain't curious enough to check out a scent. They know.

Lots of guys honk on grunt tubes with little or no success but that doesn't mean it doesn't work. Having said that, I'd rather use an inferior grunt tube than an inferior deer lure. Tinks69 in an aerosol can is something I likely won't be buying anytime soon.

Re: Buck lure? [Re: 330-Trapper] #8022803
12/17/23 12:19 AM
12/17/23 12:19 AM
Pa
S
Striperfred Offline
trapper
Striperfred  Offline
trapper
S

Pa
I am a believer! Been using Lowe’s scents for about 5 years, they sell jars with different mixtures according to different phases of the rut, I have shot 2 over the last couple years that literally had the nose in the jar when I released the arrow. They are just a regional lure company but are great people, and don’t put out a watered down product.

life is good......
Re: Buck lure? [Re: 330-Trapper] #8022912
12/17/23 08:19 AM
12/17/23 08:19 AM
PA
F
Farmdog Offline
trapper
Farmdog  Offline
trapper
F

PA
I would rather be downwind and have the deer moving naturally. I used a lot of different lures years ago and had mixed results, except for one. Had a local fella raising deer and got some fresh doe in heat urine. If any buck smelled it, they came a running. Only problem was they ran in, ran a quick circle and didnt see the doe then ran out just as quick. Only got it two years before he got outta deer business and never could get it until late the last week of archery. Never had reactions anything remotely close with commercial lures and havent used lure since. If you ever have the opportunity to get FRESH estrous doe urine from a reliable source, dont pass it up and thats coming from a guy that hasnt used deer lure in 20 yrs.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread