No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Attention NTA Member [Re: ChrisM] #7996567
11/17/23 10:20 AM
11/17/23 10:20 AM
PA
W
w side rd 151 Offline
trapper
w side rd 151  Offline
trapper
W

PA
I join the NTA as a lifetime member sometime in the mid 1980's Trapping was a booming fast growing activity Many serious trappers where making enough money in the business of trapping for fur And many more got involve i the business of making and selling products that that where part of the trapping industry . It could be said that trapping for profit and money was at it's peak during the past 200 years That fact that everyone wanted to be a trapper had a very obvious downside to those who where trappers before the sudden increase in those that took up the sport and made it a business to them .It was a time that groups such as the NTA and many state associations had a whole new group of people to try to convince them to support an organization that supports trapping and trapping rights I believe that we all need to do our part to keep our trapping /hunter / gun owner rights Many American citizens have died to keep this country the greatness nation in the world In the early years of my lifetime membership I made donations while only small in amount of money I tried to make some
when possible .As time went on however the NTA had situations that where never explained to those who where paying the bills by their donations. The people in charge and often the people involved in those situations did not deal with those problems in a way that would be considered to be appropriate to the general membership if they knew what was happening .tt at least to me seemed that some where protecting their own butt or someone else's butt that had abused the integrity of the NTA Maybe some of the issues that happen where dealt with behind closed doors out of necessity But there have been several times that at least gave the appearance that there was alleged misbehavior by the people in charge and it was swept under the rug Either the one that was accrued of the bad act was protected or the accuser was discredited I do not recall all of the details But I think more than once either the accused was protected or the accuser was discredited by the reigning people in charge It has been more than one occasion that some explaining was due necessary and never given And the general membership was not even informed about any part of the situation The NTA has taken on the appearance of a good old boys club at least when it applies to certain ways that the business of the association is conducted. I admit I have no first hand knowledge of the accusations that where part of the supposed issues I think of in the same way s Bob Dylan wrote in one of his songs You Don.t Need a Weatherman to Know Which Way the Wind Blows If I am completely off base with my comments and observations than I am a misinformed lifetime member of an organization
that could have been serving its members in a much better way If they have used the resources given to them by those that made donations to cover for the lack of leadership and integrity that is a black eye for all that where a part of the ones that what involved in the misbehavior . I will close by saying the questions that never were addressed by the leadership are the reasons I have discontinued my donations to the group . And making bylaw changes to make it even more difficult to get answers to anyone questioning the authority of those making the rules that benefit them selves creates an smell that none of us needs a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

Last edited by w side rd 151; 11/17/23 10:28 AM.
Re: Attention NTA Member [Re: ChrisM] #7996940
11/17/23 07:25 PM
11/17/23 07:25 PM
Michigan
B
BigBlackBirds Offline
trapper
BigBlackBirds  Offline
trapper
B

Michigan
Odd question here but is there a good written detailed description somewhere about how NTA functions?

I’m one of that huge majority in membership that never paid much attention over years. Always had other priorities but thise shift over time which leads me to the question

Re: Attention NTA Member [Re: ChrisM] #7997529
11/18/23 10:17 AM
11/18/23 10:17 AM
PA
W
w side rd 151 Offline
trapper
w side rd 151  Offline
trapper
W

PA
There is never enough time to do all the things we would like to do However I have helped the NTA 1or 2 years to set up for their national convention And up until about 10 t 15 years ago II would include them on my list of groups to support with donations as I was able to For example a larger fur check made it possible to donation more to the NTA .When some of the issues that occurred or where caused by the people in charge at the time where never really presented to the general membership it gave the appearance of cover up or discrediting the accuser .And no clear explanation as far as the outcome. And after it appeared to be an issue of less than acceptable behavior by those in charge of keeping the group operating in a professional manner The people in charge have made it appear that they and only they had a need to know what was alleged to e a problem . As a dues paying member of the group if incidences are being left to go unresolved due to the lack of desire in wanting the general public to know of the indiscretions that happen Once you start down the road of promoting a lie the cover up for the action that was not dealt with in a proper way you need to continue i that train of thought t might all be a misunderstanding that started the mess to begin with But when the rules are being written to exclude all but a select few it is opening a dor the ends up leading to that problem going somewhere to happen I will admit I had heard bits and pieces concerning this issue for a while now And I wondered if it was just petty sour grapes by those they where no longer in the group in charge But when you keep hearing of the ongoing accusations and no attempts made to correct or stop them for just going forward wit what has allowed them to do more of the same I hve not been in the know to make that decision But I think someone should see if there is any credibility to th accusations that have been made and those that have been banished for their much needed questions be given a honest look at just what has been going on

Re: Attention NTA Member [Re: ChrisM] #8008010
11/30/23 05:42 PM
11/30/23 05:42 PM
Bedrock, Arizona
C
Cindy Offline
trapper
Cindy  Offline
trapper
C

Bedrock, Arizona
Just an FYI…., I never received a ballot in mail so contacted the office and for some reason I wasn’t on list , frown odd
So if you haven’t received a ballot and are a lifetime member with no publication you might want to contact them ?

Happy Trails
Re: Attention NTA Member [Re: ChrisM] #8008474
12/01/23 08:12 AM
12/01/23 08:12 AM
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
You left out Hall of Fame member as well!

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: Attention NTA Member [Re: Jtrapper] #8008513
12/01/23 08:46 AM
12/01/23 08:46 AM
Bedrock, Arizona
C
Cindy Offline
trapper
Cindy  Offline
trapper
C

Bedrock, Arizona
I don’t think that qualifies you for voting lol
I know why you’re upset Jackie and some don’t get it or understand either.
I started to post on the other link several times and stepped away .
Weird, I can do that now….,age must have something to do with it, cause George would debate the fact if I say I’m getting smarter.
But in reality I believe it isn’t worth my energy.
I gave my heart and soul to NTA 30yrs and FBU 20yrs. 20 yrs I raised then to much to count and put them before my entire family and life that came first .
There is where I say idiot !!!!
That’s along time and I got not one thank you still to this day from anyone in the realm of the board or EC of either organization.
Rather plenty of untruths and rumors of crap. I’m that person that keeps everything so there is nothing to debate or question.
With that said I still will vote and vote for
What’s right because I have to hold onto the hope that it matters.
That’s my two cents … hope everyone has a great day !!!!!

Happy Trails
Re: Attention NTA Member [Re: Cindy] #8008557
12/01/23 09:45 AM
12/01/23 09:45 AM
PA
W
w side rd 151 Offline
trapper
w side rd 151  Offline
trapper
W

PA
Doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do is always a worth while accomplishment And a credit to anyone that strives for that goal Many have done that as the only way to go It seems some never thought it applied to then

Re: Attention NTA Member [Re: ChrisM] #8008789
12/01/23 02:17 PM
12/01/23 02:17 PM
SE Minnesota
D
dustytinner Offline
trapper
dustytinner  Offline
trapper
D

SE Minnesota
Originally Posted by Cindy
I don’t think that qualifies you for voting lol
I know why you’re upset Jackie and some don’t get it or understand either.
I started to post on the other link several times and stepped away .
Weird, I can do that now….,age must have something to do with it, cause George would debate the fact if I say I’m getting smarter.
But in reality I believe it isn’t worth my energy.
I gave my heart and soul to NTA 30yrs and FBU 20yrs. 20 yrs I raised then to much to count and put them before my entire family and life that came first .
There is where I say idiot !!!!
That’s along time and I got not one thank you still to this day from anyone in the realm of the board or EC of either organization.
Rather plenty of untruths and rumors of crap. I’m that person that keeps everything so there is nothing to debate or question.
With that said I still will vote and vote for
What’s right because I have to hold onto the hope that it matters.
That’s my two cents … hope everyone has a great day !!!!!

Good response Cindy! I wish more felt this wsy.

Life member Minnesota Trappers Association
FTA,Sportsmen's Alliance
Re: Attention NTA Member [Re: ChrisM] #8010180
12/03/23 10:32 AM
12/03/23 10:32 AM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
When is the vote count? I saw the deadline to vote is to be post marked by Dec 15. When and where will the results be shown?

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: Attention NTA Member [Re: Drifter] #8010477
12/03/23 05:59 PM
12/03/23 05:59 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Drifter
When is the vote count? I saw the deadline to vote is to be post marked by Dec 15. When and where will the results be shown?

Call NTA headquarters and ask.

Re: Attention NTA Member [Re: ChrisM] #8011459
12/04/23 04:21 PM
12/04/23 04:21 PM
South Dakota
C
ChrisM Offline OP
trapper
ChrisM  Offline OP
trapper
C

South Dakota
I would expect the office staff will include the results n the January board mailing

Seger's music speaks to a person's heart and soul like few others can.
Re: Attention NTA Member [Re: ChrisM] #8015354
12/08/23 01:42 PM
12/08/23 01:42 PM
South Dakota
C
ChrisM Offline OP
trapper
ChrisM  Offline OP
trapper
C

South Dakota
Reminder... I know everyone is busy on the trapline...The deadline to mail ballots is only one week away. They must be postmarked by Dec. 15th

Seger's music speaks to a person's heart and soul like few others can.
Re: Attention NTA Member [Re: ChrisM] #8018694
12/11/23 11:09 PM
12/11/23 11:09 PM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Only a few days left to get your votes in.

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: Attention NTA Member [Re: Drifter] #8020084
12/13/23 07:43 PM
12/13/23 07:43 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
R
Roger Ringgold Offline
trapper
Roger Ringgold  Offline
trapper
R

Eastern Shore of Maryland
How and when can we find out the results of the By Law proposal voting?

Re: Attention NTA Member [Re: ChrisM] #8021764
12/15/23 09:12 PM
12/15/23 09:12 PM
SE Minnesota
D
dustytinner Offline
trapper
dustytinner  Offline
trapper
D

SE Minnesota
I hope everyone sent in their vote!

Life member Minnesota Trappers Association
FTA,Sportsmen's Alliance
Re: Attention NTA Member [Re: ChrisM] #8052873
01/17/24 08:00 PM
01/17/24 08:00 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
"The amendment, if adopted, will prohibit anyone who has not previously served on the NTA Executive Council from running for President of the NTA."

What the heck were they thinking?
Kind of like only allowing a good-old-boy US Senator to run for the office of President.

How tone-deaf can these guys be?

"My life is better than your vacation"
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread