No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Roll Tide [Re: Bob_Iowa] #8010668
12/03/23 08:50 PM
12/03/23 08:50 PM
Missouri
W
WhiteTrash 88 Offline
trapper
WhiteTrash 88  Offline
trapper
W

Missouri
Just as we’ll mail the trophy right now to the Husky Dogs. You herd it first here.

Re: Roll Tide [Re: jbyrd63] #8010677
12/03/23 08:54 PM
12/03/23 08:54 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Maybe. Sorry if I gave you credit you didn’t deserve. I got to put my glasses on when I read this
Looks like clown boy was right on who should be in !!!
Boom mic drop !!!

Nother edit....

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: Roll Tide [Re: jbyrd63] #8010754
12/03/23 09:39 PM
12/03/23 09:39 PM
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Just as we’ll mail the trophy right now to the Husky Dogs.

They choke up everytime they get anywhere. Never play SEC defense's so never seen anything like that in their life.

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: Roll Tide [Re: jbyrd63] #8010761
12/03/23 09:42 PM
12/03/23 09:42 PM
Central Pennsylvania
Nittany Lion Offline
Don't call me Mister, Mister
Nittany Lion  Offline

Central Pennsylvania
I copied and pasted this article from PennLive.com's sports writer David Jones.

The 13-member College Football Playoff committee was unquestionably faced with the most challenging task in the decade-long history of the event. But I don’t think they had the collective stomach for snubbing the SEC, a solution suggested by many on Sunday morning.

That’s the first of my five takeaways from Sunday’s College Football Playoff reveal:

1. The SEC remains the most powerful bloc in the game.

By any measure, this was the least impressive season on the field in recent memory for the nation’s most successful conference. The SEC won only 7 times against P5 competition, and none was what you’d call a wow result.

The SEC’s best win was arguably from among these

• Mississippi’s 37-20 victory over Tulane.

• Kentucky’s 38-31 win at Louisville.

• Mississippi State’s 31-24 overtime win over Arizona.

• Missouri’s 30-27 win over Kansas State.

Further, the SEC dropped a lot of marquee matchups:

• Alabama lost 34-24 at home to Texas.

• Louisiana State lost 45-24 to Florida State.

• Texas A&M lost 48-33 at Miami.

• Florida lost 24-11 at Utah.

• Arkansas lost 38-31 to Brigham Young.

• South Carolina lost 31-17 to North Carolina.

• South Carolina also lost 16-7 to Clemson.

Then, there were some unsightly narrow wins and ugly losses:

• Auburn won 14-10 at California.

• Alabama won 17-3 at South Florida (led 10-3 late).

• Georgia won 31-23 at Georgia Tech.

• Auburn lost 31-10 to New Mexico State (the week before it took Alabama to the last play).

• Vanderbilt lost 36-20 at Wake Forest.

• Vanderbilt also lost 40-37 at UNLV.

Even the staunchest SEC fans would quietly admit since about midseason this was by no means a vintage year for the league.

And yet, somehow the national media narrative perpetuated that the SEC’s strength was unmatched, that its results could stack up against anyone.

That apparently extended to the 13-person CFP committee which easily could have used Florida State’s rout of LSU as a linchpin of its case to be in the field, yet turned a blind eye.

Instead, CFP committee chair Boo Corrigan trotted out the excuse that FSU wasn’t the same since its starting QB Jordan Travis broke his left leg two weeks ago against North Alabama. Yes, FSU’s offense struggled in wins at in-state rival Florida and in the ACC championship game against Louisville. But the Seminoles won the games.

The only conclusion I can reach is that committee members feared repercussions had they snubbed both Georgia and Alabama and left the SEC entirely outside the rope for the first time in the Playoff’s 10-year history.

You cannot tell me that if you swapped out FSU’s garnet and gold for Bama’s crimson and white that the wins away from home over Florida and Louisville wouldn’t be suddenly considered the gutty, gritty overcoming of adversity. That Nick Saban wouldn’t be hailed as a resourceful leader of men who found a way to get his team across the finish line unblemished.

(This word is unacceptable on Trapperman), if it had been Bama playing with its 3rd-string QB and the other team was LSU, suddenly that 16-6 slogfest would be considered one of the great old-school defensive struggles of the modern era, the way football ought to be played.

It’s this simple: the committee members were terrified of crossing the SEC. And Saban. And Greg Sankey. And Paul Feinbaum. And Laura Rutledge’s makeup. And the whole lot of Disney’s SEC-aligned cabal. They were never, ever doing that.

And that sucks.

2. Thank heavens no more of the 4-team bracket.

It should have and could have been a 12-team tournament this year instead of next. The fact that the 4-team model existed only when 5 power conferences existed and now vanishes the moment the Pac-12 dissolves is ironic enough. As soon as they don’t desperately need more than four slots with the Pac-12′s demise and now only four major conferences, then they expand the Playoff threefold.

Sure, the arguments over #12 and #13 will be lively in the future. But they’ll be much more muted, in the same way pundits momentarily consider who’s snubbed from the NCAA basketball bracket and then quickly move on.

It’ll be a different sort of obsequiousness from the committee next year when some 9-3 SEC team gets in over a more deserving lesser-conference outfit. But at least it can’t be this egregious again.

3. Florida State’s exclusion is also a shot over the ACC’s bow.

This wasn’t merely a snubbing of the unbeaten Seminoles in favor of once-beaten Alabama. This was a repudiation of the Atlantic Coast Conference as a whole in a way that cannot be mistaken. It’s as if the bulk of the committee members rejected the idea of the ACC as a power conference altogether.

And that is akin to telling its strongest members: Look, you’re in a rinky-dink league. As soon as your lawyers manage to locate a legal loophole in the ACC’s grant of rights – that is, a manageable buyout – better evacuate for the SEC or B1G as soon as you can.

Florida State and Clemson both reportedly examined jumping from the ACC last year, but couldn’t get it done. FSU’s spurning by the CFP after a 13-0 season must send the message: Your conference schedule isn’t good enough.

I got myself a seniors' GPS.
Not only does it tell me how to get to my destination,
it tells me why I wanted to go there.
Re: Roll Tide [Re: jbyrd63] #8010822
12/03/23 10:26 PM
12/03/23 10:26 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
The ACC has always been a second tier conference of SEC cast offs and wannabes.

[Linked Image]
Re: Roll Tide [Re: jbyrd63] #8010846
12/03/23 10:40 PM
12/03/23 10:40 PM
Barnum, MN
S
ScottW Offline
trapper
ScottW  Offline
trapper
S

Barnum, MN
I knew Alabama would squeak in somehow after Auburn gifted them that victory. I was so mad when I saw how they won…..I haven’t watched much of any in college football this year, but I know Bama was eekin one out seemingly every week. Maybe they got better as the year went on, but was sure hoping we could’ve had some more fresh meat, but I’ll take TX and WA over GA and the rest of the usuals. I do t have any kinda dog in the fight, but I’m pulling hard for Washington/Michigan championship and WA to win it all! Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: Roll Tide [Re: ScottW] #8010852
12/03/23 10:44 PM
12/03/23 10:44 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Originally Posted by ScottW
I knew Alabama would squeak in somehow after Auburn gifted them that victory. I was so mad when I saw how they won…..I haven’t watched much of any in college football this year, but I know Bama was eekin one out seemingly every week. Maybe they got better as the year went on, but was sure hoping we could’ve had some more fresh meat, but I’ll take TX and WA over GA and the rest of the usuals. I do t have any kinda dog in the fight, but I’m pulling hard for Washington/Michigan championship and WA to win it all! Happy trapping! ScottW

That would be GLORIOUS!

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: Roll Tide [Re: Nittany Lion] #8010902
12/03/23 11:39 PM
12/03/23 11:39 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
I copied and pasted this article from PennLive.com's sports writer David Jones.

The 13-member College Football Playoff committee was unquestionably faced with the most challenging task in the decade-long history of the event. But I don’t think they had the collective stomach for snubbing the SEC, a solution suggested by many on Sunday morning.

That’s the first of my five takeaways from Sunday’s College Football Playoff reveal:

1. The SEC remains the most powerful bloc in the game.

By any measure, this was the least impressive season on the field in recent memory for the nation’s most successful conference. The SEC won only 7 times against P5 competition, and none was what you’d call a wow result.

The SEC’s best win was arguably from among these

• Mississippi’s 37-20 victory over Tulane.

• Kentucky’s 38-31 win at Louisville.

• Mississippi State’s 31-24 overtime win over Arizona.

• Missouri’s 30-27 win over Kansas State.

Further, the SEC dropped a lot of marquee matchups:

• Alabama lost 34-24 at home to Texas.

• Louisiana State lost 45-24 to Florida State.

• Texas A&M lost 48-33 at Miami.

• Florida lost 24-11 at Utah.

• Arkansas lost 38-31 to Brigham Young.

• South Carolina lost 31-17 to North Carolina.

• South Carolina also lost 16-7 to Clemson.

Then, there were some unsightly narrow wins and ugly losses:

• Auburn won 14-10 at California.

• Alabama won 17-3 at South Florida (led 10-3 late).

• Georgia won 31-23 at Georgia Tech.

• Auburn lost 31-10 to New Mexico State (the week before it took Alabama to the last play).

• Vanderbilt lost 36-20 at Wake Forest.

• Vanderbilt also lost 40-37 at UNLV.

Even the staunchest SEC fans would quietly admit since about midseason this was by no means a vintage year for the league.

And yet, somehow the national media narrative perpetuated that the SEC’s strength was unmatched, that its results could stack up against anyone.

That apparently extended to the 13-person CFP committee which easily could have used Florida State’s rout of LSU as a linchpin of its case to be in the field, yet turned a blind eye.

Instead, CFP committee chair Boo Corrigan trotted out the excuse that FSU wasn’t the same since its starting QB Jordan Travis broke his left leg two weeks ago against North Alabama. Yes, FSU’s offense struggled in wins at in-state rival Florida and in the ACC championship game against Louisville. But the Seminoles won the games.

The only conclusion I can reach is that committee members feared repercussions had they snubbed both Georgia and Alabama and left the SEC entirely outside the rope for the first time in the Playoff’s 10-year history.

You cannot tell me that if you swapped out FSU’s garnet and gold for Bama’s crimson and white that the wins away from home over Florida and Louisville wouldn’t be suddenly considered the gutty, gritty overcoming of adversity. That Nick Saban wouldn’t be hailed as a resourceful leader of men who found a way to get his team across the finish line unblemished.

(This word is unacceptable on Trapperman), if it had been Bama playing with its 3rd-string QB and the other team was LSU, suddenly that 16-6 slogfest would be considered one of the great old-school defensive struggles of the modern era, the way football ought to be played.

It’s this simple: the committee members were terrified of crossing the SEC. And Saban. And Greg Sankey. And Paul Feinbaum. And Laura Rutledge’s makeup. And the whole lot of Disney’s SEC-aligned cabal. They were never, ever doing that.

And that sucks.

2. Thank heavens no more of the 4-team bracket.

It should have and could have been a 12-team tournament this year instead of next. The fact that the 4-team model existed only when 5 power conferences existed and now vanishes the moment the Pac-12 dissolves is ironic enough. As soon as they don’t desperately need more than four slots with the Pac-12′s demise and now only four major conferences, then they expand the Playoff threefold.

Sure, the arguments over #12 and #13 will be lively in the future. But they’ll be much more muted, in the same way pundits momentarily consider who’s snubbed from the NCAA basketball bracket and then quickly move on.

It’ll be a different sort of obsequiousness from the committee next year when some 9-3 SEC team gets in over a more deserving lesser-conference outfit. But at least it can’t be this egregious again.

3. Florida State’s exclusion is also a shot over the ACC’s bow.

This wasn’t merely a snubbing of the unbeaten Seminoles in favor of once-beaten Alabama. This was a repudiation of the Atlantic Coast Conference as a whole in a way that cannot be mistaken. It’s as if the bulk of the committee members rejected the idea of the ACC as a power conference altogether.

And that is akin to telling its strongest members: Look, you’re in a rinky-dink league. As soon as your lawyers manage to locate a legal loophole in the ACC’s grant of rights – that is, a manageable buyout – better evacuate for the SEC or B1G as soon as you can.

Florida State and Clemson both reportedly examined jumping from the ACC last year, but couldn’t get it done. FSU’s spurning by the CFP after a 13-0 season must send the message: Your conference schedule isn’t good enough.

So what are you going to say when an SEC team still goes to the championship next year? Because undoubtedly either Bama or Georgia will. Maybe both.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Roll Tide [Re: jbyrd63] #8010971
12/04/23 01:20 AM
12/04/23 01:20 AM
AR
T
TurkeyWrangler Offline
trapper
TurkeyWrangler  Offline
trapper
T

AR
Wonder why they are all complaining about Alabama and not Texas. Why didn't they take a no loss champion from a crappy conference over a one loss champion from a crappy conference?

Poor people have poor ways.
Re: Roll Tide [Re: jbyrd63] #8010977
12/04/23 01:51 AM
12/04/23 01:51 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
If Texas had been left out and bama in there would have been reason to say that got it wrong. No different than both bama and Georgia got in . One had to of lost to the other one because they met in SEC. champion game

Re: Roll Tide [Re: jbyrd63] #8010979
12/04/23 01:53 AM
12/04/23 01:53 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
There will be 2 brackets in 12 team format. ALL SEC teams will be in same one. Only way to guarantee that it’s not an SEC only championship. You know like before

Re: Roll Tide [Re: jbyrd63] #8011056
12/04/23 08:18 AM
12/04/23 08:18 AM
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Don't like seeing an SEC win it all every year, build your program up! Dabbo did that for a few years at Clemson, being in the ACC with their weak puny teams he had a free ride every year to the play off's. Now's he's fell off the cliff with all this NIL and tranfer portal crap going on.

But yea, more games next year but your going to end up with the usual's all over again plus Texas will be an SEC team as well, maybe puny little SEC won't be so weak next season with them and OK. in, lol.

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: Roll Tide [Re: jbyrd63] #8011318
12/04/23 01:24 PM
12/04/23 01:24 PM
Smithsburg, MD
J.C. Offline
trapper
J.C.  Offline
trapper

Smithsburg, MD
College football is a racket. The decision-making of who is best is shady. There are virtually no student-athletes on these teams. They are groomed since a young age and can barely read at a 6th grade level for the most part. The best schools are football vocational schools and they should just start a minor league for the NFL.

To a person ignorant of nature, his country stroll is a walk through a gallery filled with wonderful works of art with their faces turned to the wall
Re: Roll Tide [Re: jbyrd63] #8011385
12/04/23 02:32 PM
12/04/23 02:32 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
You SEC fans shouldn't be so humble, lol.

Re: Roll Tide [Re: jbyrd63] #8011399
12/04/23 02:53 PM
12/04/23 02:53 PM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
If they would of left the SEC out of the playoff their tears would have turned that southern drought into a catastrophic flood. cry

Re: Roll Tide [Re: jbyrd63] #8011423
12/04/23 03:26 PM
12/04/23 03:26 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
With a 12 team playoff, are they giving the top 4 teams a bye to make the math work?

Re: Roll Tide [Re: hippie] #8011429
12/04/23 03:34 PM
12/04/23 03:34 PM
Central Pennsylvania
Nittany Lion Offline
Nittany Lion  Offline

Central Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by hippie
With a 12 team playoff, are they giving the top 4 teams a bye to make the math work?

Yes.

I got myself a seniors' GPS.
Not only does it tell me how to get to my destination,
it tells me why I wanted to go there.
Re: Roll Tide [Re: jbyrd63] #8011555
12/04/23 06:00 PM
12/04/23 06:00 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Only three pages debating a make believe championship? I'm disappointed in you guys.

Re: Roll Tide [Re: jbyrd63] #8011592
12/04/23 06:27 PM
12/04/23 06:27 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia

[Linked Image]
Re: Roll Tide [Re: warrior] #8012300
12/05/23 11:04 AM
12/05/23 11:04 AM
KY
ksp107 Offline
trapper
ksp107  Offline
trapper

KY
Originally Posted by warrior

My buddies and I have been to Tuscaloosa twice to watch the Tide play. That little clip is spot on! I swear as soon as we cross the state line from TN to AL and stop somewhere, that's all we hear! I love it! Some of the nicest, most hospitable fans and tailgaters for sure. We went to Wisconsin one year to watch the Badgers and the Wisconsin experience was outstanding. Super friendly people who are truly "professional" drinkers!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread