No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Will it tear at the tannery? #7994795
11/14/23 11:19 PM
11/14/23 11:19 PM
minnesota
T
trapperroscoe Offline OP
trapper
trapperroscoe  Offline OP
trapper
T

minnesota
I skun out some coon pelts yesterday and knocked the hide in. Couple places the biggest hole is bout the size of. Coffee stir straw. Will that tear bad t the tannery. If so how should I fix it, especially with it being so small? Thanks

Re: Will it tear at the tannery? [Re: trapperroscoe] #7994807
11/14/23 11:28 PM
11/14/23 11:28 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
It should be fine.

Re: Will it tear at the tannery? [Re: trapperroscoe] #7994824
11/14/23 11:49 PM
11/14/23 11:49 PM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
Will all depend on the skill of the flesher at the tannery. Most fleshers should have enough experience to not cause any damage.

You could throw a couple of stitches in the hole but I don’t think that is needed and might make things worse.

You should be fine.

www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Re: Will it tear at the tannery? [Re: wissmiss] #7994870
11/15/23 03:54 AM
11/15/23 03:54 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Originally Posted by wissmiss
Will all depend on the skill of the flesher at the tannery. Most fleshers should have enough experience to not cause any damage.

You could throw a couple of stitches in the hole but I don’t think that is needed and might make things worse.

You should be fine.

^^^^
This
The fleshing machine that they will use to flesh and thin the skin will most likely cut the stiches you put in the skin, actually resulting in a bigger hole. Assuming you are drying the skin on a board, just pull the hole shut with a push pin or two.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread