Trap Collecting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~

Print Thread
Hop To
Newhouse Community #6 #7992828
11/12/23 02:45 PM
11/12/23 02:45 PM
Texas
S
Sarahlynn1043 Offline OP
trapper
Sarahlynn1043  Offline OP
trapper
S

Texas
So I don’t actually trap, but I do run a chainsaw for a living. I’d say I trim trees, but that isn’t the only reason people contact me to run a saw. A friend of mine was trying to remove an old bear trap that a tree had growing through, and I am now a partner in the ownership of this monster: [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hopefully the image loads, but if not, it is a mostly intact Newhouse Community NY #6 mountain Lion (but actually grizzly bear, that’s just what the people HERE were most likely trying to trap). All pieces are there, including the chain, but the trip plate (?) is broken off. That happened when someone else was trying to remove it with hand tools.

Can anyone tell me what this is worth, roughly? And where the best place to sell it is to get the most money out of it? Times are hard here in Texas.

Re: Newhouse Community #6 [Re: Sarahlynn1043] #7994475
11/14/23 04:27 PM
11/14/23 04:27 PM
MT
S
Slick Pan Offline
trapper
Slick Pan  Offline
trapper
S

MT
Like I mentioned to you in a pm. There is damage that effects the value like extended chain, broken tooth, broken base. Also the spring strength is questionable. It pretty hard to tell a value without an up close examination. In my opinion It has limited value as a collector trap and is a wall hanger. Maybe put in on craigslist or face book since you do not want to pay an auction commission.

Last edited by Slick Pan; 11/14/23 04:28 PM.
Re: Newhouse Community #6 [Re: Sarahlynn1043] #7995121
11/15/23 01:35 PM
11/15/23 01:35 PM
ne iowa
R
roztocki Offline
trapper
roztocki  Offline
trapper
R

ne iowa
Super cool trap but like slick pan said the trap has issues. Trap collectors pay premium prices for premium pieces. Aside from the previous issues noted I also see the jaw is detached from jaw post. Compared to a premium collector trap this one is worth Pennies on the dollar. The trap still has some value. Just amazing how these big traps continue to surface, thanks for sharing.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  snakecollector