ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Recalls/ Warranties? #7989516
11/08/23 02:57 PM
11/08/23 02:57 PM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline OP
trapper
SGT. C  Offline OP
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
How do you handle warranties and recalls? Does it cover resetting of traps and certain number of animals removed or time table.
I.e, skunk removal where you thought or the owner thought they were all gone, pulled traps and your warranty kicked in ( i give a warranty of 14 days) only to be called back within the warranty period and you just keep catching one after another from under a home/ shed or structure.
How do you guys handle a situation such as this?
Thanks for your help.
Sarge

Getting old is a fatal mistake

Always looking for reloading componets

I know a beaver or two, because I've seen a beaver or two
Re: Recalls/ Warranties? [Re: SGT. C] #7989605
11/08/23 05:10 PM
11/08/23 05:10 PM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
For regular trapping, no warranty without an exclusion.

Re: Recalls/ Warranties? [Re: SGT. C] #7989637
11/08/23 06:03 PM
11/08/23 06:03 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Makes sense. Varmints are opportunistic and will move into a void in the population.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Recalls/ Warranties? [Re: SGT. C] #7989673
11/08/23 06:55 PM
11/08/23 06:55 PM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
No warranty or guarantees without a rational structural seal and exclusion in place if it evolves around denning / shelter animals.

Any open air trapping we always charge a set-up fee and a per trip fee for animal removal or trap maintenance.

If animals can come and go freely moving about, how can you guarantee that situation? You need to explain to your clients before your services take place regarding the nature of their problem animal(s) and the potential outcome scenarios.

Call back clients get charged for any captures or service call visits. Set up fees may be reduced or waved at your discretion depending upon how long it has been since your last visit.

It is difficult to give guarantees in ADC work. Some jobs are a work in progress, so one needs to understand that depending upon the type of problem and nature of the specie.

Re: Recalls/ Warranties? [Re: SGT. C] #7989976
11/09/23 01:09 AM
11/09/23 01:09 AM
Lakes Region Indiana
L
loosanarrow Offline
trapper
loosanarrow  Offline
trapper
L

Lakes Region Indiana
I do almost exclusively beaver removal. For me it depends on the situation. County contract, once I tell the county I am done, if the drain is obstructed at that location again within 21 days I do not charge another setup fee.

If I see an isolated lake and the farmer has beavers plugging the outlet, I do a flat fee with a 6 month guarantee. If the beavers cause any trouble for the 6 months, I come get them. The key to this is that you must be efficient at removing the beaver, and you must be able to assess how many are there and what it will take to remove them. Rarely have callbacks on those jobs because it is an isolated lake and once they are removed they may not return for years.

On connected waterways I typically give an initial setup/retainer fee that covers 6 months. Any beaver within 6 months only pay for removal. These have more call backs because new beaver do occasionally move in within 6 months. I still do well on most of those jobs though.

Access is another factor. I have my limits on carrying in equipment. If the customer or landowner will not let me drive close enough I tell them they will have to find someone else or enjoy the beavers. In cases where there is no close access, I just price it accordingly.

Website www.mgnbd.com
Re: Recalls/ Warranties? [Re: SGT. C] #7990341
11/09/23 01:57 PM
11/09/23 01:57 PM
N Central Iowa
iayogi17 Offline
trapper
iayogi17  Offline
trapper

N Central Iowa
Originally Posted by SGT. C
How do you handle warranties and recalls? Does it cover resetting of traps and certain number of animals removed or time table.
I.e, skunk removal where you thought or the owner thought they were all gone, pulled traps and your warranty kicked in ( i give a warranty of 14 days) only to be called back within the warranty period and you just keep catching one after another from under a home/ shed or structure.
How do you guys handle a situation such as this?
Thanks for your help.
Sarge

Explain your warranty?
How can you offer a warranty on animals that are free will? you should be looking into redoing your warranty policy or removing your policy for such things.

Brad Mohr
Re: Recalls/ Warranties? [Re: SGT. C] #7991495
11/10/23 08:20 PM
11/10/23 08:20 PM
Adirondacks, N.Y.
T
trapdye Offline
trapper
trapdye  Offline
trapper
T

Adirondacks, N.Y.
I've been trying a 30 day warranty, It's worked pretty well for the last two years. One call back on woodchucks, thought I had all of the little ones. If it's within the 30 day period, No set up fee, Just a per animal fee. I don't drop everything & run to set, I'll set it up when I'm in the area.

John's Nuisance Wildlife Control
If you like what you do for a living, It's better than a vacation. Most days.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread