No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Cell phone trail cams?? [Re: Mocular] #7986433
11/04/23 04:59 AM
11/04/23 04:59 AM
On Georgian Bay, Ontario Canad...
H
Hutchy Offline
trapper
Hutchy  Offline
trapper
H

On Georgian Bay, Ontario Canad...
Originally Posted by Mocular
I found a great deal on the spypoint ones, there is a reason they were cheap.

Yes.

They suck

Re: Cell phone trail cams?? [Re: waggler] #7986550
11/04/23 09:36 AM
11/04/23 09:36 AM
Adirondacks, N.Y.
T
trapdye Offline
trapper
trapdye  Offline
trapper
T

Adirondacks, N.Y.
Like said above, stay away from spy point, customer service sucks, If you have a problem with a cam, you have e-mail them & wait for a reply. Sometimes it took an week to solve a problem.

John's Nuisance Wildlife Control
If you like what you do for a living, It's better than a vacation. Most days.
Re: Cell phone trail cams?? [Re: waggler] #7986562
11/04/23 10:00 AM
11/04/23 10:00 AM
Wabash, IN USA
Flipper 56 Offline
trapper
Flipper 56  Offline
trapper

Wabash, IN USA
I have six Cuddeback cameras that link together to extend the range from camera to camera and you can have up to 25 cameras all linked to one cell camera. If you use an armored cord and cuddebacks sun and shade solar panel with built in battery, they work perfectly. You can't have video, just pics on linked cameras. You can change settings on the cameras remotely, so you can stay away from them completely instead of going out and changing SD cards. I am very happy with them.

"Where Can A Man Find Bear Beaver And Other Critters Worth Cash Money When Skinned?"

Re: Cell phone trail cams?? [Re: JoMiBru] #7986577
11/04/23 10:17 AM
11/04/23 10:17 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline OP
trapper
waggler  Offline OP
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Originally Posted by JoMiBru
Waggler I just started using cell cams. I was skeptical, I’ve always used standard trail cams with SD cards, mostly Browning’s. I bought a pair of moultrie edge cameras. They have been great so far. Download an app and all the camera adjustments are made from there. Battery’s are still showing full after over 2000 pics and bunch of videos. Clarity is great and they pull from the nearest cell signal. I bought two more Tuesday.

They do not send to a central unit like you mentioned, I think cuddeback do that ( cuddelink ). Any particular reason why you want them setup like that? Just curious.

The cameras will be in a basin in the mountains that has no service. However, there is service on the ridge above the lake. The cameras will send pictures to the mother camera on the ridge. That is the hope anyway.
[Linked Image]

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Cell phone trail cams?? [Re: waggler] #7986593
11/04/23 10:57 AM
11/04/23 10:57 AM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Great idea Waggler I’m not sure if it can be done?

I had the most expensive/best up at my place 10 years ago but the cell service just wasn’t adequate. Tried a booster device but it didn’t work.

Ive hunted south texas ranches where lease holders had all sorts of setups sending pictures and video directly to their Dallas offices. Maybe searching options in that direction or keywords could help?

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Cell phone trail cams?? [Re: waggler] #7986610
11/04/23 11:25 AM
11/04/23 11:25 AM
Oregon
R
RockCrick Offline
trapper
RockCrick  Offline
trapper
R

Oregon
Just buy an individual spypoint micro or flex for $80 if you search the internet. The first 100 pics are free and if you set it right so it’s not looking right at a bait or water hole where critters are going to hang out for hours you won’t need to buy the data plan. I have 14 of them, and for the most part have had good luck in 4 years. I had to go pull them once and reconfigure the SD cards and had to have the tech helpline remotely update firmware on a couple. It’s not that big of a deal to do that every now and then. The tactacams and more expensive brands might be better (better pics maybe less maintenance ) but I’d rather get the last pictures of a bear destroying my camera and know I only lost $80 and not $200. I can tell what the animal is with spypoint photo quality and that’s all I care about.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread