No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner [Re: riverratdm] #7980188
10/26/23 02:31 PM
10/26/23 02:31 PM
wisconsin
M
Muskratwalt Offline
trapper
Muskratwalt  Offline
trapper
M

wisconsin
Originally Posted by riverratdm
Had something simalar happen to me at a rural gas station here in Iowa. Guy pulled up blocking me in with a new suberban. Asked me to come over, i came halfway and he pulls out a big ring. There was a woman on the passenger side and 2-3 in the back. I waived him away and jumped in my car as quick as possible. They pulled away and a new camaro next to me pulled out. They got on the interstate together headed east. Not sure what they were trying but they had me blocked in before they decided to leave.

Same thing happened to me last summer at a quick trip while I was getting gas. I told them no I don't have any to give them and notified the clerks inside. What are you talking about?

Walt legge
Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner [Re: jbyrd63] #7980191
10/26/23 02:33 PM
10/26/23 02:33 PM
wisconsin
M
Muskratwalt Offline
trapper
Muskratwalt  Offline
trapper
M

wisconsin
Originally Posted by riverratdm
Had something simalar happen to me at a rural gas station here in Iowa. Guy pulled up blocking me in with a new suberban. Asked me to come over, i came halfway and he pulls out a big ring. There was a woman on the passenger side and 2-3 in the back. I waived him away and jumped in my car as quick as possible. They pulled away and a new camaro next to me pulled out. They got on the interstate together headed east. Not sure what they were trying but they had me blocked in before they decided to leave.

Same thing happened to me last summer at a quick trip while I was getting gas. I told them no I don't have any to give them and notified the clerks inside.

Walt legge
Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner [Re: jbyrd63] #7980196
10/26/23 02:39 PM
10/26/23 02:39 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Sure he wasn't a Nigerian Prince?

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner [Re: jbyrd63] #7980208
10/26/23 02:58 PM
10/26/23 02:58 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
Some mentioned him getting to close...What I started doing some years back is telling them... "That's far enough"... Then converse at a distance.

This gives you reactionary time, until you can size things up.

Member - FTA
Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner [Re: jbyrd63] #7980220
10/26/23 03:15 PM
10/26/23 03:15 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
You are cold as ice.

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner [Re: jbyrd63] #7980222
10/26/23 03:18 PM
10/26/23 03:18 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
We have recorded cases of the women going door to door looking for unlocked houses, that they then enter and steal whatever they can get their mitts on.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner [Re: jbyrd63] #7980238
10/26/23 03:50 PM
10/26/23 03:50 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Good info, Tatiana.

I know of that Orlov Stud farm. Among the most beautiful horses on earth. Along with the Soviet heavy drafts. That would be cause for complete disappearing those thieves. To the "Train Station" without delay.

You cannot "reason" with them, converse with them. They will keep pushing the boundary. The veteran I know doesn't "reason" with them. He yells at them in the short amount of words he uses, and glares right at them. Keeping direct eye contact. He keeps moving. He doesn't tell them he has called anyone. They know, just like the predators they are, that he can back his ONE warning up easily, and he would if they were stoopid enough to press him. They don't. NO stopping, NO conversing...as if you can suddenly talk your way out of what they've already made up their minds to do to you.

They are acting ghetto with you without your permission. They only understand if you return response with ghetto back to them.

The more you run your mouth, the more they see they can push it.

You don't want to gamble if they are harmless beggars or not. They can always be a heartbeat away from deciding to inflict damage on you to see what else they can do to you. You have the right to your space from a stranger closing in on you. Don't freeze and try to be "nice" . Fear paralyzes. Controlled anger motivates.

All my instructors , in firearms and martial arts understand this no nonsense approach and teach how to read body language, how to use your body language, and voice , with very FEW words, one time.

Never stop moving . Don't think you can talk them to death. And never let them get close to you. Always see ahead everywhere you go. Look under parked cars from a distance as you walk. As soon as you are inside your vechile, lock the dang door as soon as you close it.

If someone blocks you in, call the bluff. If they're on foot standing in front of you , with demands, run their behind over. If they have blocked you in their vechile, T bone them and push them aside with vigor. The stronger the vechile you have, the better that will be accomplished. And if you ever need to draw your pistol, roll down your window and sight in on them with your forearms resting on the window sill. That's after nothing else will work , and its them or you that survives. Or they drag you out of your window and take you to a second location...be resolved to die before you allow that invasion of yourself.

If they are at your door, NEVER open it to speak to them. They can hear you from inside. That's easy. Just stay inside and handle them depending on what they do.

These days, with terrorists and criminals and swindlers literally swarming into our country, I wish that these self-defense measures would be taught by everyone to family, friends, students, seniors, everyone .

Like shooting. If you don't instill this as muscle memory in your mind as a serious plan, the chances of being taken totally by surprise, unaware, and reverting back to old "programming" of talking them to death, thinking you can reason them out of it, will end up in a bad result that could have been handled very differently.

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner [Re: jbyrd63] #7980244
10/26/23 03:57 PM
10/26/23 03:57 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

If I'm ever traveling and break down, I hope it's in your neck of the woods jbyrd. Looks like a feller would be walking in most places. Lol.

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner [Re: Sharon] #7980253
10/26/23 04:10 PM
10/26/23 04:10 PM
USA-WI
K
Kre Offline
trapper
Kre  Offline
trapper
K

USA-WI
Originally Posted by Sharon
Good info, Tatiana.

I know of that Orlov Stud farm. Among the most beautiful hoses on earth.

That must be a Freudian slip. blush

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner [Re: jbyrd63] #7980254
10/26/23 04:12 PM
10/26/23 04:12 PM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
"CHOOT DEM" !!!!! laugh

w

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner [Re: Kre] #7980257
10/26/23 04:15 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Originally Posted by Kre
Originally Posted by Sharon
Good info, Tatiana.

I know of that Orlov Stud farm. Among the most beautiful hoses on earth.

That must be a Freudian slip. blush

Riiiight. I was quoting Tatiana above.

Your mind must work in mysterious ways, Kre .... Real cute...and the spell check corrected . grin

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner [Re: jbyrd63] #7980258
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

MT
That was a very smart move what you did. You were thinking and thought it out well. Glad all turned out well.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner [Re: wissmiss] #7980261
10/26/23 04:19 PM
10/26/23 04:19 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by wissmiss
Originally Posted by Boco
Should of just shot him,took all his gold and dragged his sorry carcass to the bait dump.

Is that how they handle things in Canada??

No we are not allowed to have guns here,
You are the gun culture,remember?
Here we would invite him to the camp for a jar of screech.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner [Re: warrior] #7980265
10/26/23 04:26 PM
10/26/23 04:26 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by warrior
First, he would've been SOL as official company policy, I do not carry cash.

Second, you let the guy get close enough to see 14kt inside of a ring? With a drawn weapon in play? You're lucky he didn't take it away from you and beat you with it.

Just like Miranda any weapon or item on your person can and will be used against you both on the street and in a court of law.

What we have so far is brandishing a weapon, possible assault if you pointed it at him. The fact that you chose to look at his ring and gave him money could be argued against any reasonable fear case you could make.

STOP/DO NOT MOVE are the words to remember if the weapon is ever unholstered followed by beating feet to increase distance and get behind cover.

And consider some retention training if your going to be dumb.

No I had put it back in the holster and lain it in the floor board behind me at that point. I showed it to him on purpose so he knew I was armed. That was just 1 of 4 I had with me BUT my 380 was in my hand that was in my front pocket pointed right at his crotch . Finger on the trigger. I was born at night just not last night. I'm to old and crippled to get my ares kicked. Never go anywhere without that little Taurus in my pocket That includes boat ramps Even mail box ! If i'm just in shorts I carry it in my hand . Much to your disappointment I was in complete control of the situation I believe . Looked him straight in the eye at all times . Didn't panic heck didn't even increase my heart rate. LOL . I think a brother buster thru the nut sack might have stopped his advances. I might have left out he was about 25 yards away when he got out of his vehicle. That's when I picked up the 9 mm and just turned so he could see it. Then laid in back inside the truck and put my right hand in my pocket the entire time until I waved good bye...... BUT Since you saw it go down what else did I do wrong.

Last edited by jbyrd63; 10/26/23 04:39 PM.
Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner [Re: hippie] #7980268
10/26/23 04:28 PM
10/26/23 04:28 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by hippie
You're alive, he's alive and you may have helped him out. Cha!k it up as experience that you should always be armed.

Hippie I don't even go lock up my detached garage unless I'm carrying 1 sometimes 2 fire arms. Heck the mail box....

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner [Re: ] #7980271
10/26/23 04:31 PM
10/26/23 04:31 PM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
Originally Posted by J Staton
You may have entertained an angel jbyrd....

And for only$10.

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner [Re: warrior] #7980292
10/26/23 04:58 PM
10/26/23 04:58 PM
virginia,MN
B
beavert Offline
trapper
beavert  Offline
trapper
B

virginia,MN
Is that how they handle things in Canada??[/quote]

Only in the easy chair in front of the keyboard.[/quote]

Lol

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner [Re: jbyrd63] #7980304
10/26/23 05:13 PM
10/26/23 05:13 PM
S/W Wisconsin
rpmartin Offline
trapper
rpmartin  Offline
trapper

S/W Wisconsin
When I opened this I thought you were talking about this foreigner. Lol

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/ySb1f9zWJkQ?si=8in_UpygmgXN1XmU[/video]

Life member,
NRA, NTA, RMEF, Pheasants Forever.
WTA,TTA,FTA,SA,GOA, member

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner [Re: jbyrd63] #7980305
10/26/23 05:15 PM
10/26/23 05:15 PM
Missouri
O
Osagian Offline
trapper
Osagian  Offline
trapper
O

Missouri
Ran into one just last week. Was at the local Wal Mart putting groceries in the back of the truck. Up came a small statured 30ish woman with small boy in tow. She whipped out a piece of cardboard that had been folded under her arm, unfolded it and held it up for me to see. It read how she was an immigrant, poor and hungry kids blah blah..................

I ask her where she was from and she said "Rooooomania"
Ask her how she got here and she said "We flew''
Ask her who paid for the ticket and she just gave me a confused look.
I told there was a Wendy's right off the edge of the Wal Mart that would pay her $14 an hour and she could go to work there.
She didn't miss a lick and I saw here talking to some one else the next isle over.

I'm sure now I met a genuine old world Eastern European Gypsy.

Re: Weird encounter with Foriegner [Re: Boco] #7980308
10/26/23 05:19 PM
10/26/23 05:19 PM
Missouri
O
Osagian Offline
trapper
Osagian  Offline
trapper
O

Missouri
Originally Posted by Boco
No we are not allowed to have guns here,

Someday Boco, Mother England may allow you to have guns; if you prove you can be responsible with them.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread