No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7978078
10/23/23 08:05 PM
10/23/23 08:05 PM
NC, Orange Co.
QuietButDeadly Offline
trapper
QuietButDeadly  Offline
trapper

NC, Orange Co.
The letter indicated that Angela violated the NTA Code of Ethics and the Internet Policy Statement.

Where is this NTA Code of Ethics and the Internet Policy Statement?

It is not part of the by-laws and if it is on the NTA Website, it is well hidden.

Where are the Board Policies that provide for disciplinary action found? These were also referenced in the Expulsion letter.

Life Member: NCTA, VTA, NTA, TTFHA, MFTI
Member: FTA NRA NWTF
Re: Banished! [Re: QuietButDeadly] #7978094
10/23/23 08:15 PM
10/23/23 08:15 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline OP
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline OP
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by QuietButDeadly
The letter indicated that Angela violated the NTA Code of Ethics and the Internet Policy Statement.

Where is this NTA Code of Ethics and the Internet Policy Statement?

It is not part of the by-laws and if it is on the NTA Website, it is well hidden.

Where are the Board Policies that provide for disciplinary action found? These were also referenced in the Expulsion letter.

To my knowledge it is not posted anywhere that can be accessed by the public. They are kept in files at the office in Bedford. In theory you can contact the office and ask for a copy of any of those things but I say in theory as I am still waiting for a copy of a current committee list I asked for in April. The office girl said she would get it to me soon. I guess she didn't get it done soon enough, lol.

Both documents were enclosed with the original complaint that they sent me.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7978107
10/23/23 08:24 PM
10/23/23 08:24 PM
NY
T
trappermac NY Offline
trapper
trappermac NY  Offline
trapper
T

NY
Never ending. This is why trapping will be abolished eventually, state by state, because trappers can't get along with trappers. Anti's can just sit back and wait for the imploding from within our ranks. Trapping organizations are rife with drama...spawned from jealousy, hatred of others, anger from not getting their way, rumour mills, lack of interest, directors who don't care or follow the clique, lashing out at each other, etc., etc, etc. Trappers would make horrible corporate leaders.

The only place I haven't seen this is within the small county groups, the state affiliates. Where all you see are trappers coming together with their small rendevous, doing local trapping demos and fur handling seminars, fur auctions, school demos, kids trapping camps, and other community activities to promote trapping. The real grass roots folks. Nobody worried about power. No need to "change" as all are on the same page.

But you need the large state orgs as well as the national orgs, because there lays power and dollars that you need for the fight.

I was involved in the political election forum when it was here, the election happened, the threads quieted, and finally removed. I hoped that things would get back to normal. I hoped the lashing out that occurred here in a public forum would end, that we could move forward and hopefully get back to supporting the NTA.

I'm not saying I agree with you being expelled Angela, but I do think you knew you may end up there based upon where others who shared your strong sentiment ended up. And now airing it out here to attain "support" is self serving, and does nothing to heal the wounds. It only further separates us as trappers, quite evident from the posts in this thread. We need to get beyond this. See the big picture, break this cycle.

Member NYSTA, NTA, FBU, ECTA
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7978110
10/23/23 08:25 PM
10/23/23 08:25 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Current bylaws on the site are from July 2021

Re: Banished! [Re: SNIPERBBB] #7978111
10/23/23 08:27 PM
10/23/23 08:27 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline OP
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline OP
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB
Current bylaws on the site are from July 2021

Probably not been amended since then?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7978119
10/23/23 08:31 PM
10/23/23 08:31 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Don't know

Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7978126
10/23/23 08:39 PM
10/23/23 08:39 PM
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Trappermac, you must live in a bubble, i could go on forever about state association's dissolving, wrong doing, infighting, hostile take overs, heck you name it, this nta stuff is tame to what ive witnessed in state associations but like FTA and NTA up until recently nothing negative was ever allowed to be spoken, if you did you were jelous, bitter, looking for attention, blah blah blah by those like yourself that think somehow trapping won't survive without poor representation by people of questionable character. All the while little by little states are being whittled away but keep sending money for the fight!

If your fine with how things are run support who you want, no need to belittle those that don't blindly follow along like you. Bad representation is worse than not having any at all!

As for internet policy, probably some more policy's hidden in a desk drawer waiting to be pulled out like a gun in case of emergency. Cloak and dagger system still alive and well!

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: Banished! [Re: trappermac NY] #7978187
10/23/23 10:00 PM
10/23/23 10:00 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Originally Posted by trappermac NY
Never ending. This is why trapping will be abolished eventually, state by state, because trappers can't get along with trappers. Anti's can just sit back and wait for the imploding from within our ranks. Trapping organizations are rife with drama...spawned from jealousy, hatred of others, anger from not getting their way, rumour mills, lack of interest, directors who don't care or follow the clique, lashing out at each other, etc., etc, etc. Trappers would make horrible corporate leaders.

The only place I haven't seen this is within the small county groups, the state affiliates. Where all you see are trappers coming together with their small rendevous, doing local trapping demos and fur handling seminars, fur auctions, school demos, kids trapping camps, and other community activities to promote trapping. The real grass roots folks. Nobody worried about power. No need to "change" as all are on the same page.

But you need the large state orgs as well as the national orgs, because there lays power and dollars that you need for the fight.

I was involved in the political election forum when it was here, the election happened, the threads quieted, and finally removed. I hoped that things would get back to normal. I hoped the lashing out that occurred here in a public forum would end, that we could move forward and hopefully get back to supporting the NTA.

I'm not saying I agree with you being expelled Angela, but I do think you knew you may end up there based upon where others who shared your strong sentiment ended up. And now airing it out here to attain "support" is self serving, and does nothing to heal the wounds. It only further separates us as trappers, quite evident from the posts in this thread. We need to get beyond this. See the big picture, break this cycle.

Status quo, huh?

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7978198
10/23/23 10:17 PM
10/23/23 10:17 PM
Indiana
D
DanN Offline
trapper
DanN  Offline
trapper
D

Indiana
Their responses to the members letters of disapproval on how this matter was handled is alarming. They seem not to care whatsoever about if members are canceling membership.

Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7978200
10/23/23 10:18 PM
10/23/23 10:18 PM
Louisiana
M. Howard Offline
trapper
M. Howard  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
Trappermac, your post falls on deaf ears. Your words only fuel the fire that burns within. Some people live for the fight. Never underestimate the power of turning the pitch fork folks against the torch bearers or the people of the valley looking up into the hills at the mountain folks. Some envy what others have and some despise those who do have. Moving forward is sometimes costly and often times some people have to be left behind. I am a half glass full kind of guy and I look for the good in all adversity. Everything happens for a reason and maybe some day we will know that reason. As for now, don’t allow this to drag you into depression or dismay as these things have come and passed many times before.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote!

http://www.louisianatrappers.com/index.html
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7978217
10/23/23 10:33 PM
10/23/23 10:33 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
… getting to be like an audition for the motion picture Braveheart in here lol

… thinking about starting the Deep East Texas Trappers & Wildcat Slappers association lol

.. trappers need to align and piggyback trappers rights with the national big game, waterfowl and pheasant type hunting orgs to have real pull imo

… I know… dogs

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: Banished! [Re: huntrap247] #7978310
10/24/23 03:06 AM
10/24/23 03:06 AM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Originally Posted by huntrap247

The email I sent;

To whom it may concern;

It has come to my attention that you have expelled a member for there speaking out about the truth as they saw on another platform.

I saw the letter.

This is how far we have fallen as a group of like-minded individuals?

Are we no better than the social media platforms that silence those who would speak the truth?

Are we not above the Government agencies we see lie and silence the people every day?

Are we not better than the animal rights activists who twist and distort our know truths to fit their own agenda?

I am ashamed I was once a member of such an organization, and I am glad I did not renew my membership when I heard rumblings of this atrocity.

Please remove my name from your mailing list as I will not support the NTA as it stands.

Great response

Matthew 7:6 KJV
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine....
-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7978326
10/24/23 05:22 AM
10/24/23 05:22 AM
Michigan
T
Trapper Dahlgren Offline
trapper
Trapper Dahlgren  Offline
trapper
T

Michigan
they the [NTA] could have handle this better, both these people were very active members of the NTA at one time sacrifice their time and family time to try and better the nta they did not need to be kick out on their first offends. [ imo]. lots of people have call me and ask, well I got kicked out for a year and can come back after a year and will be on probation. If I'm good and don't up set the cart,

Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7978343
10/24/23 06:28 AM
10/24/23 06:28 AM
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

So your kicked out for a year? On probation? Maybe you should get involved to change things, hahaha

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7978352
10/24/23 06:40 AM
10/24/23 06:40 AM
Michigan
T
Trapper Dahlgren Offline
trapper
Trapper Dahlgren  Offline
trapper
T

Michigan
all three of us campaign for john when he first got elected. wow were we wrong imo

Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7978384
10/24/23 08:10 AM
10/24/23 08:10 AM
Manitoba
Shakeyjake Offline
trapper
Shakeyjake  Offline
trapper

Manitoba
I never saw an election ballot, but I only joined last April…..maybe it was too late?

Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7978391
10/24/23 08:21 AM
10/24/23 08:21 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
election ballots were back before the convention. theyre tallied and the results presented at the membership meeting on saturday of the convention.

Last edited by SNIPERBBB; 10/24/23 08:22 AM.
Re: Banished! [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7978439
10/24/23 09:16 AM
10/24/23 09:16 AM
Louisiana
M. Howard Offline
trapper
M. Howard  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren
they the [NTA] could have handle this better, both these people were very active members of the NTA at one time sacrifice their time and family time to try and better the nta they did not need to be kick out on their first offends. [ imo]. lots of people have call me and ask, well I got kicked out for a year and can come back after a year and will be on probation. If I'm good and don't up set the cart,

They’re within is part of the problem Roy. You, nor you co-conspirators feel that telling half truths and spreading out and out lies is a problem. All is fair in love and elections right. Roy you admitted to me on the phone that you did not have all the facts and instead listened to someone else when writing your letter. Is that why you were so quick to take it down? You were proven wrong on several of the statements with facts. You lost by 2/3 after the ugly letter you wrote, after the blotched ballot mess and all the campaigning on here all you could get. 2/3 of the folks vote to keep the NTA going in the direction it is heading.

As far as the others, I personally feel that 2/3 of NTA feel the right action was taken.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote!

http://www.louisianatrappers.com/index.html
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7978492
10/24/23 10:38 AM
10/24/23 10:38 AM
Pa
W
Wright Brothers Offline
trapper
Wright Brothers  Offline
trapper
W

Pa
The voters don't even know half the truth.

Last edited by Wright Brothers; 10/24/23 10:39 AM.

Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7978494
10/24/23 10:40 AM
10/24/23 10:40 AM
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Offline
trapper
Scott__aR  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
As a seeker of truth, I'm still waiting for the indisputable evidence to evaluate claims by both sides, but the NTA and it's elected management has been pretty silent on there end ... are there some improprieties being hidden???? Sounds like there may be some truth in those half truths ... It always amazes me that the truth finds a way of rising to the top and eventually revealing itself for all to see.

Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread