No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Biologist stuff - for Gulo #7966279
10/07/23 09:33 AM
10/07/23 09:33 AM
Ontario, Canada
S
slydogx Offline OP
trapper
slydogx  Offline OP
trapper
S

Ontario, Canada
Camping at Pinery park on Lake Huron and I'm seeing these all over the place. I think they pull double duty because there won't be any turtles nesting now LOL.
Last time I saw them they were labeled for "threatened wasp species" which seemed to be cicada killer.
The habitat is right so I'm thinking that's the current purpose.
[Linked Image]
Can't seem to get second picture up. It it a 20" x20" hardware cloth enclosure placed on the ground

Last edited by slydogx; 10/07/23 09:36 AM.

Just happy to be here.
Re: Biologist stuff - for Gulo [Re: slydogx] #7966294
10/07/23 09:52 AM
10/07/23 09:52 AM
Idaho, Lemhi County
G
Gulo Offline
"On The Other Hand"
Gulo  Offline
"On The Other Hand"
G

Idaho, Lemhi County
slydogx -

I know nothing about turtles, man. Sorry. I have read that nest predation, especially by raccoons, can be quite high. I know nothing about these "protectors". There are only a handful of places in Idaho with turtles, and the mortality can be quite high due to roadkills. Seems a lot of motorists like to hit them. I think I'd call the phone number listed and talk it through with a "Naturalist".

Re: Biologist stuff - for Gulo [Re: slydogx] #7966300
10/07/23 09:55 AM
10/07/23 09:55 AM
MD
D
DaveP Offline
trapper
DaveP  Offline
trapper
D

MD
Crazy high nest predation here on diamondback terrapins.
With all.the riprap, bulkheads, etc, terrapins egg laying options are limited, and raccoons key in on the remaining patches of beach

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread