No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Bobcat cage trap [Re: K9man] #7785069
01/28/23 05:01 PM
01/28/23 05:01 PM
Nebraska
T
Trappercass Offline
trapper
Trappercass  Offline
trapper
T

Nebraska
Camtrip is my next purchase! The Schroeder cages are solid and for the price in our area were hard to beat forever, but I知 not sure they are still being produced? I also have a set of briar patch cages and I would say they are very well put together also.

It would be worth going camtrip just to support Mercer. After I started following camtrip stuff on Facebook it quickly became apparent all the positive stuff he does in the fur world. Had I realized that prior I would likely have just gone camtrip from the start, I was torn between the camtrip and briarpatch and went with the latter simply because the cage sets were slightly larger dimensionally and I thought they may work better if the situation arose where you wanted to set it for a raccoon. After catching large northern Nebraska raccoons in even the smallest Schroeder and briarpatch cages I知 not convinced it matters. If a raccoon is interested in the cage he is probably going to stuff himself in there even if he has to work at it.

Re: Bobcat cage trap [Re: K9man] #7785212
01/28/23 09:09 PM
01/28/23 09:09 PM
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Offline
trapper
Scott__aR  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Cool, thanks

Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Re: Bobcat cage trap [Re: Trappercass] #7786332
01/30/23 01:29 AM
01/30/23 01:29 AM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline
trapper
AJE  Offline
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Trappercass
Camtrip is my next purchase! The Schroeder cages are solid and for the price in our area were hard to beat forever, but I知 not sure they are still being produced? I also have a set of briar patch cages and I would say they are very well put together also.

It would be worth going camtrip just to support Mercer. After I started following camtrip stuff on Facebook it quickly became apparent all the positive stuff he does in the fur world. Had I realized that prior I would likely have just gone camtrip from the start, I was torn between the camtrip and briarpatch and went with the latter simply because the cage sets were slightly larger dimensionally and I thought they may work better if the situation arose where you wanted to set it for a raccoon. After catching large northern Nebraska raccoons in even the smallest Schroeder and briarpatch cages I知 not convinced it matters. If a raccoon is interested in the cage he is probably going to stuff himself in there even if he has to work at it.

I don't seem to see Mercer post on here anymore

Re: Bobcat cage trap [Re: 160user] #7786422
01/30/23 08:50 AM
01/30/23 08:50 AM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by AJE
I have a couple cage traps out right now. Today they seemed froze up from the weather so I readjusted them and I hope they'll work now.. but I'm not sure if there's any cats in the area that might be interested in walking into 1. They sure are finnicky. Seemingly no pattern whatsoever with the way cats maneuver through my area.

That is cats. Finicky! I have found that a wad of Spruce boughs under the trap keep them working. I also cover the cages with them to keep them from freezing in rain/sleet conditions. Caging cats has to be my favorite. If it is a kitten or female you just roll the cage over and let them go. The ultimate catch and release.

Same here Rob. I try to set them under a thick spruce or fir as well and in a good size patch of those types of younger trees. In this country that痴 a favorite hang out for rabbits and grouse so cats spend a lot of time hunting it.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Bobcat cage trap [Re: K9man] #7963114
10/02/23 09:41 PM
10/02/23 09:41 PM
West Texas
B
Btoutdoors Offline
trapper
Btoutdoors  Offline
trapper
B

West Texas
[Linked Image]

I build traps here in Texas but shipping might be a killer. I am working on a new 36" x 18" x 12" for fox and cats too.

Re: Bobcat cage trap [Re: Leftlane] #7963129
10/02/23 09:53 PM
10/02/23 09:53 PM
Nebraska
Mocular Offline
trapper
Mocular  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by Leftlane
Originally Posted by 160user
I believe the ones I have were made by "Cage Maker" and I love them. Extremely well built and the set of 3 that fits inside one another is a real space saver.

Yup, the Schroeder's are basically the Cadillac of cage traps as far as I am concerned.

Too bad nobody is making them anymore.

2023-24 Beaver I, Mink I
Re: Bobcat cage trap [Re: K9man] #7963312
10/03/23 08:06 AM
10/03/23 08:06 AM
Nebraska
C
cagemaker Offline
trapper
cagemaker  Offline
trapper
C

Nebraska
hey guys. kevin jones "grizz' has bought the busin from the boys. i am helping him get things going. its slow but he has some ready to go. John

Re: Bobcat cage trap [Re: K9man] #7963322
10/03/23 08:17 AM
10/03/23 08:17 AM
Firth, Nebraska
jabNE Offline
trapper
jabNE  Offline
trapper

Firth, Nebraska
Very cool, Kevin. Can稚 wait.
Jim

Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can buy you a trapping license and that's pretty close.
Re: Bobcat cage trap [Re: K9man] #7963650
10/03/23 06:18 PM
10/03/23 06:18 PM
Northwest, Alabama
O
Old Relic Offline
trapper
Old Relic  Offline
trapper
O

Northwest, Alabama
I don't like cage traps with the pan too far inside the cage. The animal has to commit all the way to the back before he trips the trap. Cats make some crazy yoga moves inside the trap and you'll miss some with the pan too far to the rear.

A Nation of Sheep - Breeds a Government of Wolves!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread