No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Tennessee one of the Best states to retire in [Re: 330-Trapper] #7936002
08/24/23 06:36 PM
08/24/23 06:36 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
I worked in Jackson for a few months. The city wasn't a that impressive but I sure did like the folks outside of town. Most either had a bass boat or a duck hunting boat and a string of good whitetail deer on the walls.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Tennessee one of the Best states to retire in [Re: Boco] #7936020
08/24/23 06:55 PM
08/24/23 06:55 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by Boco
Not enough land free of people and too hot for me.
Might appeal to some.

X2. Pretty State, though.

Re: Tennessee one of the Best states to retire in [Re: 330-Trapper] #7936592
08/25/23 01:16 PM
08/25/23 01:16 PM
Dunlap Tennessee
M
mikehunterman Offline
trapper
mikehunterman  Offline
trapper
M

Dunlap Tennessee
No state income tax and low property taxes in our area and if you have 15 or more acres you can get in greenbelt with will cut your taxes app.75%. People from other state cannot believe the taxes here and keep asking if that is by the week or month. Bad news is it is hot and land prices have basically doubled in 3 years and anything with pasture around me basic price would be $10,000 per acre. I am an agent so deal with it every day and it is really difficult to find anything completely unrestricted. You can find some side of the mountain land for 2-4,000 per acre. Sounds crazy but we have sold everything in the last 3 years and very few listings. We are a small county, so the good stuff has been priced over pretty hard. The 3 counties around us have no zoning, fees, permits, inspections, that would cost you money other places. We are still cheap compared to other states. All you need is a septic permit and electrical inspection when you build and those are state permits. You can build yourself if you like but most people put some kind of deed restrictions when they sell. Almost all put no mobile homes. We have been running 20 to 30 house listings for a couple years and a few years ago I think that would have been closer to 100. People coming from out of state pretty much spend about half to get the same as what they sold. But is pretty hard to find much of a house under 200 per sq. ft. Lots of deer and turkey in this area and you can hunt and trap on your own land with a free landowner permit. One thing they have started doing here is they will not run your power for a house or camper until the septic is put in. Our county is a coop so you can get 600 feet of power free for a house but no a camper. If you go close to any of the bigger cities plan on 2 to 4 times the price here. That is a little of the basic info.

Re: Tennessee one of the Best states to retire in [Re: charles] #7937756
08/27/23 05:33 AM
08/27/23 05:33 AM
Custer Co, Idaho
S
sneaky Offline
trapper
sneaky  Offline
trapper
S

Custer Co, Idaho
Originally Posted by charles
I think their sales taxis 9%, but no state income tax. Sure would hurt to buy a new vehicle there.

Yeah, those $25 license plates every year get real expensive. You can't have low sales tax, and no state income tax. You have to pay the piper some way. After the initial purchase the cost of ownership is cheap. Unless you live in one of the Democrat run counties that charge a wheel tax every year. Only a handful out of about 94 counties do that.

Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand
Re: Tennessee one of the Best states to retire in [Re: mikehunterman] #7937757
08/27/23 05:38 AM
08/27/23 05:38 AM
Custer Co, Idaho
S
sneaky Offline
trapper
sneaky  Offline
trapper
S

Custer Co, Idaho
Originally Posted by mikehunterman
No state income tax and low property taxes in our area and if you have 15 or more acres you can get in greenbelt with will cut your taxes app.75%. People from other state cannot believe the taxes here and keep asking if that is by the week or month. Bad news is it is hot and land prices have basically doubled in 3 years and anything with pasture around me basic price would be $10,000 per acre. I am an agent so deal with it every day and it is really difficult to find anything completely unrestricted. You can find some side of the mountain land for 2-4,000 per acre. Sounds crazy but we have sold everything in the last 3 years and very few listings. We are a small county, so the good stuff has been priced over pretty hard. The 3 counties around us have no zoning, fees, permits, inspections, that would cost you money other places. We are still cheap compared to other states. All you need is a septic permit and electrical inspection when you build and those are state permits. You can build yourself if you like but most people put some kind of deed restrictions when they sell. Almost all put no mobile homes. We have been running 20 to 30 house listings for a couple years and a few years ago I think that would have been closer to 100. People coming from out of state pretty much spend about half to get the same as what they sold. But is pretty hard to find much of a house under 200 per sq. ft. Lots of deer and turkey in this area and you can hunt and trap on your own land with a free landowner permit. One thing they have started doing here is they will not run your power for a house or camper until the septic is put in. Our county is a coop so you can get 600 feet of power free for a house but no a camper. If you go close to any of the bigger cities plan on 2 to 4 times the price here. That is a little of the basic info.

I was born and raised over in Ocoee. Every time I go back to visit I have to see what else has changed. Growing fast but still better than any blue state.

Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread