No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
flashing lights worn on uniform #7933321
08/21/23 04:37 PM
08/21/23 04:37 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
was in Madison the other night took the wife out to a concert she wanted to see.

Madison PD has a new uniform had several officers working the concert

a cover on the top half of their body armor and straps is high viz green with a reflective panel that says Madison POLICE front and back
and when it got dark all the officers were wearing flashing on body red blue lights some shoulder mounted some looked arm band mounted
they looked particularly annoying to anyone talking to them as they got flashed re blue right in the face.

but they were definitely visible

it wasn't uncommon to see the over vest for traffic cops in the past now with so much of their gear moved to their carriers I guess it makes sense to build the highviz into the carrier .

sort of interesting DNR officers just a year or so ago were outraged that they were going to have marked trucks that said DNR WARDEN on them and MPD has to roll with a red blue strobe in their eyes all night.

anyone else seeing these on Uniforms?

seems new enough I am not seeing any pictures of it online

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: flashing lights worn on uniform [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7933340
08/21/23 04:53 PM
08/21/23 04:53 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
KeithC Offline
trapper
Happy Birthday KeithC  Offline
trapper

Champaign County, Ohio.
Having vsible law enforcement in an area lowers crime. Having hidden law enforcement in an area leads to criminals being apprehended. Both methods of law enforcement are useful.

Keith

Re: flashing lights worn on uniform [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7933342
08/21/23 04:55 PM
08/21/23 04:55 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Maybe they'll put little sirens on them so people get out of the way when they're chasing bad guys on foot. grin

Eh...wot?

Re: flashing lights worn on uniform [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7933357
08/21/23 05:31 PM
08/21/23 05:31 PM
Piney va. soon be 19
cotton Online content
trapper
cotton  Online Content
trapper

Piney va. soon be 19
Might as well make em wear bullseyes

John 3/16

ifin your gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough
VTA life member

Re: flashing lights worn on uniform [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7933552
08/21/23 08:50 PM
08/21/23 08:50 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
Our officers are not doing anything like that. NDOT gave us “guardian angel” lights like that to wear when we’re working an accident at night, but ours are amber, clear and green. They will about blind you if you shine it in your eye. Traffic will definitely notice them though, hard to ignore the super bright amber and green strobe crossing the interstate.

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Re: flashing lights worn on uniform [Re: Bob] #7933566
08/21/23 09:00 PM
08/21/23 09:00 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Bob
Our officers are not doing anything like that. NDOT gave us “guardian angel” lights like that to wear when we’re working an accident at night, but ours are amber, clear and green. They will about blind you if you shine it in your eye. Traffic will definitely notice them though, hard to ignore the super bright amber and green strobe crossing the interstate.

I can see them for road work I would want it in such a way that it didn't hit me in the eyes however I would be thinking back tape on the side that gets me in the eyes.

this was from the moment it got dark at an outdoor concert

the hi-viz on the vest I guess I get although I bet none of the officers I know want to be wearing it.

there are a few roadside assistance officers that wear a hi-viz polo shirt with the department logo on the sleeves as their uniform , they stand out against all navy blue

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: flashing lights worn on uniform [Re: Lugnut] #7933760
08/22/23 07:14 AM
08/22/23 07:14 AM
Manitoba
Shakeyjake Offline
trapper
Shakeyjake  Offline
trapper

Manitoba
Originally Posted by Lugnut
Maybe they'll put little sirens on them so people get out of the way when they're chasing bad guys on foot. grin

English cop….weeee wahhh weee wahhh…watch out! He’ll bop you on the head with hid bobby.
In Escabana I noticed they were rocking the big old ice cream pail lights on top of their SUVs…lol

Last edited by Shakeyjake; 08/22/23 07:57 AM.
Re: flashing lights worn on uniform [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7933786
08/22/23 07:52 AM
08/22/23 07:52 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
I have not seen these flashing lights on police officers yet. I don't go to concerts but it sounds like I'm not missing much.

wanna be goat farmer.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread