No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Tax Payers got shafted again [Re: randall brannon] #7925547
08/11/23 05:20 AM
08/11/23 05:20 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Yep. I'd say she's got a problem.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Tax Payers got shafted again [Re: randall brannon] #7925550
08/11/23 05:26 AM
08/11/23 05:26 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I doubt, there's only one person that gets scrutinized down there.

Re: Tax Payers got shafted again [Re: randall brannon] #7925581
08/11/23 06:34 AM
08/11/23 06:34 AM
Duluth, MN
C
Clark Offline
trapper
Clark  Offline
trapper
C

Duluth, MN
There is so much the OP fails to understand or look up on this one, very small, issue that I hesitate to put any time into responding. But here it goes…

Chapter 11 bankruptcy is, after a google search reveals some basics, a reorganization with creditors getting a new repayment schedule. It doesn’t let the company off the hook. Also, the timeline the OP poses is so ridiculous it is laughable. He thinks gov’t is efficient enough to give a grant and then “days later” the company files for bankruptcy and runs off with the money? Get a grip.

A basic look at the history of the company seems to show a business that was doing well but struggling to make a profit. Many businesses do that before getting into the black. They did employ people and will continue to do so. Chapter 11 doesn’t mean they disappear with the board of directors hauling bags of cash out to their cars, never to see the board room again.

Finally, do you think Trump has never used gov’t funds for his businesses? I would suggest using your fine google skills to look into that before holding him up as the paradigm of virtue in fiscal matters.

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. -Albert Einstein
Re: Tax Payers got shafted again [Re: Clark] #7925658
08/11/23 08:52 AM
08/11/23 08:52 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Clark
There is so much the OP fails to understand or look up on this one, very small, issue that I hesitate to put any time into responding. But here it goes…

Chapter 11 bankruptcy is, after a google search reveals some basics, a reorganization with creditors getting a new repayment schedule. It doesn’t let the company off the hook. Also, the timeline the OP poses is so ridiculous it is laughable. He thinks gov’t is efficient enough to give a grant and then “days later” the company files for bankruptcy and runs off with the money? Get a grip.

A basic look at the history of the company seems to show a business that was doing well but struggling to make a profit. Many businesses do that before getting into the black. They did employ people and will continue to do so. Chapter 11 doesn’t mean they disappear with the board of directors hauling bags of cash out to their cars, never to see the board room again.

Finally, do you think Trump has never used gov’t funds for his businesses? I would suggest using your fine google skills to look into that before holding him up as the paradigm of virtue in fiscal matters.

The main issue to me is,

Grenholm who worked for them until she gets on Biden's cabnet, then Biden forgives their 10 million loan and any interest they paid to date.

Re: Tax Payers got shafted again [Re: hippie] #7925674
08/11/23 09:19 AM
08/11/23 09:19 AM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline OP
trapper
randall brannon  Offline OP
trapper
R

west virginia usa
EXACTLY!!! Sure seems like us Tax Payers got the shaft but then people like BC could NEVER EVER Fault their beloved Idiot Hair Sniffer!!!

God please keep they 19 fallen UBB miners out of trouble up there.
Re: Tax Payers got shafted again [Re: randall brannon] #7925690
08/11/23 09:50 AM
08/11/23 09:50 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
How is Pioneer treating you, Randall?

Re: Tax Payers got shafted again [Re: randall brannon] #7925716
08/11/23 10:25 AM
08/11/23 10:25 AM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
Let's see "political hay" is that the same as "Justice" in some cases?

Re: Tax Payers got shafted again [Re: James] #7925747
08/11/23 11:42 AM
08/11/23 11:42 AM
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Co.-Wy. part time AK.
Originally Posted by James
Did someone summon me?

Where is the source of these contentions? Some people make posts without factual accountability, which seems okay when conservatives are doing it. The OP doesn't have a lot of credibility on his own.

If true, I hope someone with standing sues to recover taxpayer funds.

Jim

And every good defense Lawyers job is to raise doubt in a juror's (or in this case the readers mind) that's what Lawyers do for a living. Maybe you should read hippie's above post for proof?

Re: Tax Payers got shafted again [Re: James] #7925752
08/11/23 11:49 AM
08/11/23 11:49 AM
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Co.-Wy. part time AK.
Originally Posted by James
Did someone summon me?

Where is the source of these contentions? Some people make posts without factual accountability, which seems okay when conservatives are doing it. The OP doesn't have a lot of credibility on his own.

If true, I hope someone with standing sues to recover taxpayer funds.

Jim

Jim, You seem to forget things pretty regularly, like the Trump "Russian Collusion" story that was pushed so hard for so long and then just evaporated.

Re: Tax Payers got shafted again [Re: hippie] #7925805
08/11/23 01:47 PM
08/11/23 01:47 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by hippie
Originally Posted by Clark

The main issue to me is,

Grenholm who worked for them until she gets on Biden's cabnet, then Biden forgives their 10 million loan and any interest they paid to date.

It looks like a nothing burger to me if you put the timeline together.

Is it reasonable of us .or anyone.......to expect Granholm, in 2017, to NOT take a position on Proterra's board because Biden will nominate her to a cabinet post in 2021 ?

When she was confirmed to her current position her stock was worth almost double its value after Biden forgave the PPP loan. So she actually lost money the longer she held the stock.

So she shows a capital gain of 1.6 million over a 4-5 year holding period on a 5+ million dollar investment.

Maybe we should be looking at the Pelosi rate of return along with The Biden rate of return rather than this relatively small potato,

How about we have some reputable accounting firm look into the over one TRILLION dollars of fraud and theft in the covid funds that were passed our to states and unions.........maybe some of those 87,000 new IRS agents could look into that.

And.........as Clark notes above, this is chapter 11 reorganization.........not chapter 7 liquidation.

I have a hard time seeing what she did wrong.................other than being guilty of poor judgement in her political alignment.

I would also like to know some details about the reference to Al Gore........."getting his money out". The last time I looked, his initial 55 million investment was worth a bit over 7 million.

If you think this deal with Granholm smells fishy or rotten.........you might be interested to know that the Democrat family that runs Illinois...the Pritzkers........are also shareholders in Proterra as well as Soro's Fund Management LLC.

Mean As Nails
Re: Tax Payers got shafted again [Re: randall brannon] #7925811
08/11/23 01:57 PM
08/11/23 01:57 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I'm saying, its fishy Biden picked her old firm to forgive their loan regardless of the earlier timelines.

(helping her old buds and probably family that still hold stock.)

Last edited by hippie; 08/11/23 01:58 PM.
Re: Tax Payers got shafted again [Re: randall brannon] #7925815
08/11/23 02:03 PM
08/11/23 02:03 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
But yes White, there's way way too much insider info happening between policy makers and their investments that is on both sides of the isle....at our, the taxpayers expense.

Re: Tax Payers got shafted again [Re: randall brannon] #7925818
08/11/23 02:05 PM
08/11/23 02:05 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
I think a better argument could be made about how stinky it was for Gore to directly lobby Biden to include money in the so called....Inflation Reduction Act ........that directly benefited "green" companies and EV producers AFTER he had invested in PTRA. Legal but stinky. Who else had direct access to lobby Biden ?

The other thing is I am sure it wasn't just Proterra that got government money.

Mean As Nails
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread