No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Hawbakers “The Trapper” magazine #7915947
07/29/23 08:04 PM
07/29/23 08:04 PM
Saskatoon,Saskatchewan
YOTEBOY Offline OP
trapper
YOTEBOY  Offline OP
trapper

Saskatoon,Saskatchewan
I’ve picked up a couple of Hawbaker’s “ The Trapper” magazine . What’s the history of it or where could a guy look up the history of it. I tried a few places but have come up with a blank.

Re: Hawbakers “The Trapper” magazine [Re: YOTEBOY] #7916153
07/30/23 12:20 AM
07/30/23 12:20 AM
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Offline
trapper
Scott__aR  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Here is some history about the magazine's production from right here in the trap shed.

Hawkbarker "The Trapper"

Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Re: Hawbakers “The Trapper” magazine [Re: YOTEBOY] #7916172
07/30/23 04:15 AM
07/30/23 04:15 AM
Central Pennsylvania
Nittany Lion Offline
Don't call me Mister, Mister
Nittany Lion  Offline
Don't call me Mister, Mister

Central Pennsylvania
I might add that after the first issue (Jan-Feb-Mar 1954) what should have been the second and third issues were not published until later. I had heard that S. Stanley was too busy with other things and did not have time to publish them. Consequently the second issue which was Volume 1-Number 2 was not published until Oct-Nov-Dec 1954 and that issue was actually a combined issue with his catalog for that year. He did that again in 1955. There are a total of 18 issues.

I got myself a seniors' GPS.
Not only does it tell me how to get to my destination,
it tells me why I wanted to go there.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread