Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Is a Cat a Cat? [Re: Jpwilson] #7902156
07/09/23 08:49 AM
07/09/23 08:49 AM
Maine
M
Mac Offline
trapper
Mac  Offline
trapper
M

Maine
Good to see you posting Jpwilson.

Mac

Re: Is a Cat a Cat? [Re: ] #7902554
07/09/23 08:33 PM
07/09/23 08:33 PM
SD
Boone Liane Offline
trapper
Boone Liane  Offline
trapper

SD
Boddicker had a great story about trapping coyotes and cats in the research enclosure.

The gist of it was, once a coyote has a bad experience with a trap, pretty much nothing but a sufficient length of time passing is going to re-catch that coyote in a lured/baited set (on average, exceptions to everything).

But cats just kept getting caught over and over. Same sets, same spots, same smells, etc.

Bold? Sure.
Dumb? Sure.

Cats are bold, dumb animals.

Ever see a seeing eye cat?

Re: Is a Cat a Cat? [Re: ] #7902913
07/10/23 01:07 PM
07/10/23 01:07 PM
Ks
Flint Hill fur Offline
trapper
Flint Hill fur  Offline
trapper

Ks
That's a good one. Well put boone

Re: Is a Cat a Cat? [Re: ] #7903223
07/10/23 10:02 PM
07/10/23 10:02 PM
upstate, NY
J
Jpwilson Offline
trapper
Jpwilson  Offline
trapper
J

upstate, NY
I knew I’d ruffle atleast one coyote guy on here with that post. Lol. I’ve never seen a seeing eye cat before either haha! I’ve caught a few coyotes and do have a great deal of respect for them but I’ve found cats to be more of a challenge to catch in #’s than coyotes. Mostly due to population density and location, not because of their brains. Maybe I’ve got too much respect for them? Like I said I don’t believe there’s any comparing they are far too different of animals to compare. As efficient of a killer a bobcat is I can’t call them dumb for a lot of ways. When you have a camera on a cage and that cat circles a cage 5 times and it’s like he can’t figure out how to get in than I swear at them and call them dumb. I’m not about to bring a barn cat on a pheasant hunt over my springer!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91