No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: TrapCoonsForFur [Re: Providence Farm] #7888971
06/20/23 04:09 PM
06/20/23 04:09 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
slydogx Offline
trapper
slydogx  Offline
trapper
S

Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by kytrapper
I agree wissmiss. I had the same exact thoughts. There’s a very large gap between old trappers and new ones that have had the internet way all their lives. I can’t very well articulate it but they even see trapping itself, in my opinion, much differently than those that love it. It’s all about numbers ( like six coons) or look at me what I did. I’m torn between trying to accept what this new trapping has become and what we know. I see, with all the online stuff, the very essence of trapping being very foreign to many of us in 20 years. Again, very well thought out attempt to try to help and many “newbies” would do well reading this.

My boys were watching a u tube guy the does some trapping. Myself I didn't like him to start and thought well.... anyway I sat down and they had it on and he was showing a coon in a trap that had been lossy wired off to a tree with big loop. Well you know where the coon was and how ir would be after it lost its footing. I emailed him and explained why that happend how to avoid it and to not shoe his mess ups on lime to be ammo for anti trapper.

I got the I post whats real ect.. responded I'm sorry clicks are more important than the future of trapping that always under attack. Posting your mistakes puts trapping in a bad light. My boys will not be watching your Chanel again have a good day.

Ther was no geting through to him. My initial views were he was a moron and why I didn't like his Chanel. He proved it to me.

Any chance you could PM me the channel in question? I want to make sure I'm not supporting it myself with views or subscription

Just happy to be here.
Re: TrapCoonsForFur [Re: TrappingForFun] #7888979
06/20/23 04:24 PM
06/20/23 04:24 PM
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Offline OP
trapper
Scott__aR  Offline OP
trapper

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by TrapCoonsForFur

im back hopefuly nobody gets mad at me again

I don't think anyone here is mad at ya, but I know of one person that if she could have got her eyeballs on ya, you would have been reduced to a small pile of minerals on the ground when I didn't come to bed this morning because I was working on above. grin

Thank you all for your favorable comments!

@TrapsCoonsForFun to lead you in the right direction to your question concerning, how do you trap coyotes without bait or lure? Two things: 'set on sign' and 'blind set'. Don't know what either of those phrases mean? Search in the archives then come back if that doesn't answer your question. You won't learn if someone always rushes in to give you the easy answers.
Enroll in your state's Trappers Education Course and hopefully you can find yourself a/or many mentors local to you
which may lead to lifetime relationships and accelerate your trapping quest.

Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Re: TrapCoonsForFur [Re: Scott__aR] #7888983
06/20/23 04:36 PM
06/20/23 04:36 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Kid needs to stay on the strictly trappings and kids forum where he can avoid the problems he's seen on the trap talk section. Easy as that.

Re: TrapCoonsForFur [Re: Scott__aR] #7888986
06/20/23 04:38 PM
06/20/23 04:38 PM
Missouri
B
Broomchaser Offline
trapper
Broomchaser  Offline
trapper
B

Missouri
Yep.

Get the US out of the UN and the UN out of the US.
Re: TrapCoonsForFur [Re: Scott__aR] #7889008
06/20/23 05:11 PM
06/20/23 05:11 PM
SE Kentucky
K
kytrapper Offline
trapper
kytrapper  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kentucky
Yep, the kids forum could use a little poke. They seem to have gone quieter since season ended.

Re: TrapCoonsForFur [Re: Scott__aR] #7889335
06/21/23 02:25 AM
06/21/23 02:25 AM
Alaska
M
milkcrate Offline
trapper
milkcrate  Offline
trapper
M

Alaska
I can’t help but comment… I have to admit that I have never laughed so much reading theses threads the last couple day. I see a young man more excited about trapping than anything I have seen before. 230+ posts in just a few days! I have been on here for about 16 years and it has me listed as having 18 posts now (although some have been lost in the Great trapperman crashes in the past). It is also very encouraging to see the patience some members are exhibiting in passing along advice. I already can’t wait for season to start to see how TrapCoonsForFur does. Good luck, don’t give up, and pay attention to what is on here. There is a LOT you can learn from these forums.

Re: TrapCoonsForFur [Re: Scott__aR] #7889399
06/21/23 06:46 AM
06/21/23 06:46 AM
Wisconsin
E
Eagleye Offline
trapper
Eagleye  Offline
trapper
E

Wisconsin
Every once in a while, a puppy gets on the freeway, and someone takes the time to stop and help guide him the right direction- Good post Scott and good feedback ADC.

Re: TrapCoonsForFur [Re: Scott__aR] #7889433
06/21/23 07:59 AM
06/21/23 07:59 AM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba
What he can do with the new phones now is voice command and post, that is how UMPTEEN post can be put on.

And they call them SMART PHONES... that dummies work with

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread